What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Joke

Weaponhead

Coach
Good on Fifita for making the call. Costs him plenty of coin.

He was great at the Koori knockout. Captained his team well and showed good leadership. Easily the highest profile player there.

Strange there was no in depth profile piece from Kent on this.....

Apparently no relation, Tom.
I have no issue with his decision. He is indigenous Australian and Tongan heritage, rugby league international rules let him choose, and/or change his mind on whom he plays for.
Personally I think its great for the game and i cant wait to watch Tonga play.

I'm with you too on this BBB, great that both Andrew and Jason T choose to share their talent with the Tongan team. Rugby League is just too heavily skewed towards Australia. It would be great to have some genuine competition in the so called international rugby league sphere.

chewsta

First Grade
I think what JT and Fifs are doing is good for the game. Tonga now have a pretty strong side on paper. Im not usually too fussed on the whole lopsided event. But this does make it a bit more interesting.

Jayden Walker in the Italian squad. I just checked and he was in their squad previously.
Good experience for the kid if he makes the final cut.

carcharias

Immortal
Good on Fifita for making the call. Costs him plenty of coin.

He was great at the Koori knockout. Captained his team well and showed good leadership. Easily the highest profile player there.

Strange there was no in depth profile piece from Kent on this.....
I love it.

The best f**k you to Meninga the biggest hypocrite merkin in the history of shit coaches being carried by great teams there is.

Eion

First Grade
And I especially love the outcry over lack of respect shown by Feef. Here is a bloke crucified over some friggen initials.

Well, you reap what you sow NRL / Mal.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing Tonga beat NZ.

Tonga have Solomone Kata ON THE BENCH (so to speak), whilst Gerard Beale is probably a 'top 13' player for eN-Zid.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Now Cronk in on the action - giving Fifita a spray. If I was him, I'd keep playing, his media career might be short and crooked like his nose

shadowboxer

First Grade
I work on the road a few days a week.. Listen to the BSB with Slater and T.Kennedy....WOW the flogging they went on this morning with Fifita, youd think he was caught with either drugs in his system, caught with some bird and a few other team mates in a toilet cubicle north of the border or the like.
All morning baiting the listeners to ring in an moan...a few might have a gripe but most were...who gives a hoot. Probally not the best timing but give the bloke a wrap for playing for his country and not for the cash.
Muckraking at its finest...

As I said earlier, the World Cup thing is far too unbalanced. Making it a country of ethnic origin thing would make it a bit more interesting. Thinking of what that concept did for NSW v QLD games..............

nah let's put shit on a Cronulla player, that'll rattle up a few more hundred clicks.

I don’t recall hearing Cronk complain about any of his QLD mates playing for NZ in Rl and union.
Nor did he care about all the NSW blokes playing for QLD
Or all the merkins getting paid more than they declared from his own f**king team.
If Cronk is the "high profile player who has bought a mansion in the Shire" he could be having some interesting walks down the mall.....

Weaponhead

Coach
Interesting that none of the outraged journos have bothered to ask Fifita about the timing.

He does a lot of work with indigenous communities in griffith yet none of the league journos say anything about it. They are always ready to lay the boot in. Now Fifita has done some dumb shit but he has also done a lot of good. If f**king Russell packer is a redemption story after nearly killing a bloke why is Fifita bagged constantly?

M2D2

Bench
Cronk has a point, he should have made up his mind weeks ago, but f**k if this place is illogical.

YTSharks

Juniors
I understand where Cronk is coming from but my problem is, he has an issue with Fifita changing his mind about being available, but Darius only rules himself out after the team announcement as well and he doesn't mind. I know it's through injury, but he would of known he wasn't available. Strange really

Latest posts