What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

world football's next big thing

weasel

First Grade
3313237304.jpg

Goleo

"At just 18, the rascally lion is still young but already brimming with confidence in his own abilities. He combines the looks of Lothar Matthäus, the elegance of Diego Maradona and the all-round ability of Oliver Bierhoff - or so the brash young lion says of himself in his first interview, albeit with a wink and a grin."

nibbs

Bench
awesome, looks like he is set for big things weasel, thanks for bringing this to our attention

OVP

Coach
weasel said:
and the all-round ability of Oliver Bierhoff

pfft he's no Jurgen Klinnsman or Franz Beckenbauer then. This is a joke right ? Have the Germans already forgotten about these two greats ? My dad will be very upset to hear they've been forgotten already, especially Beckenbauer :(

hybrid_tiger

Coach
OVP said:
weasel said:

pfft he's no Jurgen Klinnsman or Franz Beckenbauer then. This is a joke right ? Have the Germans already forgotten about these two greats ? My dad will be very upset to hear they've been forgotten already, especially Beckenbauer :(

Klinnsman?

This "thing" must be the world's biggest diver then... ;-)

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
weasel said:

Klinnsman?

LOL Hybrid :)

Yes he dived in his younger years, but towards the end proved how much class he had when he gave up that sad facet of his game.

Still ... even you would scoff at the "all round ability of Oliver Bierhoff" surely :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
OVP said:
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
weasel said:

Klinnsman?

Yes he dived in his younger years, but towards the end proved how much class he had when he gave up that sad facet of his game.

Still ... even you would scoff at the "all round ability of Oliver Bierhoff" surely :lol:

OVP, Klinnsman was one of the worst diver's I've ever seen. He was a great player, but the way he threw himself to the ground was seriously pathetic and took away from the attraction of watching him play - FFS, even Inzaghi doesn't do it as much. :p

As for Bierhoff, yes I would scoff at that.
;-)

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
hybrid_tiger said:
OVP said:
weasel said:

Klinnsman?

OVP, Klinnsman was one of the worst diver's I've ever seen. He was a great player, but the way he threw himself to the ground was seriously pathetic and took away from the attraction of watching him play - FFS, even Inzaghi doesn't do it as much. :p

As for Bierhoff, yes I would scoff at that.
;-)

ok mate

but how about when klinnsman decided he was gay if he continued "diving" ... he totally remodelled his game completely. And it was funny to see him 10 times the player he used to be at the end of his career ... which is very rare when you think about it. He totally changed tack and relied on his abundant natural ability for a change. At his best, i've not seen many finer than Jurgen. Sure there's a few, but they are few and far between, especially comparing him to today's standards. Dennis Bergkamp, while better imo, was similar to Jurgen at his best. What do you think ?

Latest posts