What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

world sevens - boring waste of time

bazza

Immortal
Schooner Of New said:
World 7's,don't you mean Basketball on the grass... :)

Are they putting up hoops this year?
How many steps are players allowed to take before they have to bounce the ball?

Macca

Coach
Not exactly a quality product, but it's entertaining and it does promote the game internationally.

sharkboy

Juniors
its a chance to see the ur club o round, (evan though ther not the topline players), have a yell, have sum fun and anjoy the atmosphere... its great

ali

Bench
I'm with Tama and Zed. Its a great promotional tool and hopefully money spinner for International Rugby League. Why ruin one of the few times the ARL / NRl actually make an effort to promote International Rugby League. I loved watching Russia take it up to Souths last year, and am definately heading back for more. I hope we can bring home the trophy. It may not be the NRL, but its something to win. Its a bit like supporting an English soccer side where you can win the premiership, FA Cup, or less prestigious trophies such as the League Cup or maybe even the EUFA cup in comparison to the Champions League. Its something to play for and I'd like us to win it. Who is to say one of our star players is not going to get injured in a trial or round 6, or 12 whatever. As you only seem to care about us winning the NRL, should be keep Kimmorley in cotton wool until September?

But more importantly its about International Rugby League. Teams who don't field full strength sides should be kicked out. Replace them with the likes of the USA who want to be in the main draw, or maybe the future also lies with more English Super league clubs out here for warm weather training. The Dogs should never be invited back.

ps, did you not start the exact same topic this time last year?

millersnose

Post Whore
ali said:
As you only seem to care about us winning the NRL, should be keep Kimmorley in cotton wool until September?

no as you need to win games in order to be there in september

ps, did you not start the exact same topic this time last year?

yes my annual crusade against the 7's ;-)

my main beef with it is the poor quality of rugby league produced

i enjoy a defensive battle and seeing who gets worn out first

Latest posts