What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worse than crap

Bomber

Bench
Cowboys, you disgust me. :evil:

Last Saturday you had the golden chance to keep your slim playoff hopes alive. You had a week off. You had the home ground advantage. You were playing against the team with the 13th best defense in the NRL. You had six players with Origin or Test experience in your line-up. And yet, the performance you dished up for your long-suffering fans on Saturday night was worse than crap. Worse than absymbal. Worse than atrocious. Worse than my spelling.

You lost the game on the field but you also lost it in your heads. Newcastle are just another football team with seventeen people.

I was going to do the mad dash down to Townsville and back in two weeks time to see you guys beat Souths. Now not even that is certain. I might save my petrol money based on last week's performance.

The most disappointing thing is that based on Saturday's result, we haven't gone anywhere since 1995. In fact, we appear to be going backwards. Any team that concedes nearly fifty points in a half deserves to have some very harsh questions asked of them.

Not even the sides of 1995-99 (with household names such as Puddington, Howarth, Warren) conceded fifty points in a half of football. They must feel very comfortable about their place in Cowboys history now!

Listening to you guys on the radio used to be a ritual, an integral part of my weekend. Now it seems like bashing my head in with a sledgehammer would be more enjoyable, and certainly more benefical in the long term the way we are going.

If this sounds harsh, I don't give the tiniest shit. You have had nine years to get your act together. It seems we can train gorillas to read in nine years, but we can't teach footballers to catch footballs and tackle!

legend

Coach
Mate, I did the live update for this game and the Cowboys were beyond awful. Some of their errors were weorse than anything an under sixes side could dish up.

Luckily, we play the Cowboys at home this weekend. :D

Tigerpete

Juniors
Mate try telling that to us tigers fans who have been beaten by statiscally the WORST side in the NRL twice this season!!!!

Bomber

Bench
I reckon the sooner the players develop a bit of hide, the better. Living in a small town like Townsville (130,000 tops), everyone wants a piece of you when you win. Great chance for players to develop 'big heads'.

Ten weeks ago we were better than even chances for the finals. We have won one game since. :(

Tigertread

Juniors
I'll be back for the next Cowboys home game.
They get a flogging and everyone is into them, give them a break and give them the support. We are not the only team to get flogged this year, even the Knights have had 50 scored against them this year.
I stayed and watched the match until the end even though it was all over at halftime. I went there to support my team and we got smacked well and truely, watch out Raiders this week ;-)
Up the Mighty Cowboys.

Latest posts