What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst A-League owner?

Who is the worst team owner?

• Con "I'll throw you off the balcony!" Constantine.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Clive "I'm a billionaire but I won't fork out for the transport subsidy" Palmer.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glenn

First Grade
Con has history behind him dating back to the NSL days, however Clive looks like a quick learner.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's not even a contest. Clive's doing his best, but he's only been around for six months. Con's had a decade of horrific management to establish his lead.

fish eel

Immortal
It's not even a contest. Clive's doing his best, but he's only been around for six months. Con's had a decade of horrific management to establish his lead.

I think thats a bit tough.

He might have a screw loose, but he was pumping money into the NSL when clubs were losing money hand over fist, when there were no crowds, no tv deal and no prospect of any type of return. He does deserve atleast some respect for that.

Palmer, on the other hand strikes me as a johnny come lately who just wants a little play thing.....

Misanthrope

Staff member
He's also been doing pretty much everything in his power to ensure the club is run like the Cronulla Sharks. If he had a son, he'd be our marquee.

fish eel

Immortal
Palmer is a johnyy come lately.

For all his faults, Con kept a professional football team alive in newcastle when three quarters of you Jets fans did not give a toss and were nowhere to be seen.

Without him, Newcastle wouldnt even have an A-League team.

He might be nutter and a bit of a prick, but he has been pretty selfless in terms of pumping money into a black hole when nobody else would....

Misanthrope

Staff member
You can have him. He's forced out an entire squad worth of quality players, insisted on bringing in overweight and out of shape marquees, and alienated fans.

An owner should be seen and not heard. Failing that, they should least have an understanding of football.

fish eel

Immortal
Put it this way.

Given what Palmer has done at the GC, I'd say if he owned Newcastle he'd have bailed years ago and you'd have no club.....

Misanthrope

Staff member
Given what Palmer has done at the GC, I'd say if he owned Newcastle he'd have bailed years ago and you'd have no club.....

It'd be less difficult to watch, to be honest.

Matt23

Staff member
With Con at the helm, the Jets went from "first to worst" in the space of a season, why because Con wouldn't pay them what they deserved, and he's going to insist on bringing back Joel Griffith, his heart won't be in it, and he'll just spend the remainder of the season sulking/collecting cards.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That, of course, is after he serves his suspension for being a grubby little prick during his stint with Beijing Guoan...

Matt23

Staff member
Which is why I'd prefer it if he served his suspension elsewhere...

shiznit

Coach
Octagon Sports was the owner of the NZ/Auckland Knights.... they were bloody woeful.

im glad the FFA & NZF gave them the boot... i remember there Marquee signing... Danny Hay... deadset the worst Marquee signing EVER...

well maybe Ahmed Elrich... nahh Hay was f**ken worse...

Latest posts