What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst co-commentator

Braith Anasta- talks for the sake of it and comes out with really insightful comments like

"you don't want to lose the ball in that position of the field" so where would you like to lose the ball? or
" the in a great attacking position" they were on their own twenty

he has stuck he's head too may scrums!!!!1

Second this. Cannot see what Fox sees in the way of talent in Anasta.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Second this. Cannot see what Fox sees in the way of talent in Anasta.

Fox have andy Raymond and joel caine as game callers
Over the last few years they've had prince, kimmorley, menzies, tate, buderus, fein and they even flown halligan over for warriors games on occasion. Brandy is their lead co-commentator ffs. Weirdly 2 guys who would be good at co-commentating, fletcher and ikin work at fox but only as tv presenters

AMD

Juniors
Wally came to mind pretty fast, even though I feel hes been a bit quiter this season. Kimmorley (even though I havent heard this season) has to be up there as well, every sentence starts with "But lets talk about..."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fein is truly terrible in 20's games, so is that Niff Nuff Nobody Alan Tongue.

Not sure why Gaz is copping it so much, he was pretty average when he started but has improved out of sight. Noddy is pretty gash as well.

ek999

First Grade
Fox have andy Raymond and joel caine as game callers
Over the last few years they've had prince, kimmorley, menzies, tate, buderus, fein and they even flown halligan over for warriors games on occasion. Brandy is their lead co-commentator ffs. Weirdly 2 guys who would be good at co-commentating, fletcher and ikin work at fox but only as tv presenters

I think Andy Raymond is great. He is a decent caller for the matches that he does do and is good on the sideline. Pretty much all the players seem to like him and will have a joke with him when he is interviewing them. He keeps it pretty light hearted most of the time but when he knows when he needs to keep it serious. His sideline efforts after the McKinnon tackle shits over what most would do.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think Andy Raymond is great. He is a decent caller for the matches that he does do and is good on the sideline. Pretty much all the players seem to like him and will have a joke with him when he is interviewing them. He keeps it pretty light hearted most of the time but when he knows when he needs to keep it serious. His sideline efforts after the McKinnon tackle shits over what most would do.

Andy Raymond is by far the worst caller, he rambles on about statistics or giving his opinion on a player or telling a story about a player while play goes on. Sometimes 3 or 4 sets of six can go on during these rambles without any of the action called. Unlike other ramblers, like ray Warren etc he doesn't stop his ramblings when something exciting like a break or big hit is made. At least with rabs you'll get a 'jennings has made a break! I'll come back to that as parramatta atttack on the 20m line.....'. In similar situations Andy Raymond will continue on with his shitty humorless stories. I had hopes for Joel Caine, the first time i heard him call a game i was impressed that we might finally had a game caller that actually calls the action, but his been brain washed over the off-season and is now one of the worst for inane dribbling.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Andy Raymond is by far the worst caller, he rambles on about statistics or giving his opinion on a player or telling a story about a player while play goes on. Sometimes 3 or 4 sets of six can go on during these rambles without any of the action called. Unlike other ramblers, like ray Warren etc he doesn't stop his ramblings when something exciting like a break or big hit is made. At least with rabs you'll get a 'jennings has made a break! I'll come back to that as parramatta atttack on the 20m line.....'. In similar situations Andy Raymond will continue on with his shitty humorless stories. I had hopes for Joel Caine, the first time i heard him call a game i was impressed that we might finally had a game caller that actually calls the action, but his been brain washed over the off-season and is now one of the worst for inane dribbling.

Raymond is a good sideline commentator, but as a caller he is irritating.

Tells you how far he's gone, and FOX actually had the brains to get a better caller. Years ago it was him, Warren Smith and Mark Braybrook as the main callers for FOX and we could only put up with Smith.

Now we've got Smith, Voss, Russell and Caine.

I think Caine just needs to call the game and not worry about stuff.

As for worst co-commentators, anyone who's on Ch 9, aside from Sterlo.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Not sure why Gaz is copping it so much, he was pretty average when he started but has improved out of sight.

Agreed. I think Gaz says some really intelligent things and has some great insights but his voice just isn't suited for calling games.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If anyone listened to the call of the cows v donkeys trial in Mackay will pray nine or fox don't pick up antonio kaufusi