What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst coach, like, ever?

Mr Spock!

Referee
At least Langmack had an excuse, Souths were sh*t.
Steve Price needs a mention. Took over from Bennett & proceeded to invent a new style of play - Dragons footy. Not too mention he didn’t mind a slight burp on camera during an interview.
I’ll never forget when we won a game after a run of losses and in the press conference he remarked ‘we pulled a few pants down today’. Out of his depth BUT in his place & closing fast is a DUI charged, ‘tries from kicks don’t count’ clueless stooge who will now be known as Frank Abagnale Jnr.
Nope still Langmack

Their star recruit Chris Walker couldnt get out of there fast enough.

macavity

Referee
images

The LGBT candidate #equalshitness

Sorry but Bert Holcroft tops them all. He coached the (then named) Eastern Suburbs Roosters in the 1965 and 1966 seasons. Of the 36 games played in those 2 seasons his record was 3 wins, 1 draw and 32 losses for a winning percentage of 8.3%. Those 3 wins and draw came in 1965 as 1966 saw the Roosters lose every game they played. Hard to believe they turned down Jack Gibson and re-appointed Holcroft for the 1966 season.

gregstar

Referee
supercoach lewis.

The gold coast were always a threat to themselves.

the only club i'm aware of that scored own-tries.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Former Kiwis coach Gary Kemble must be up there. The side got hammered in a series 3-0 by Great Britain under him. Bear in mind this was the year after Brian McLennan coached them to a tri series victory, and McClennan himself was an utter failure as an NRL coach with the Warriors going from grand finalists in 2011 to second last in 2012 under him... how bad does that make Kemble?,

King hit

Coach
supercoach lewis.

The gold coast were always a threat to themselves.

the only club i'm aware of that scored own-tries.

Haha Yes

One of my mums friends knows someone who was involved with the Seagulls during Wally’s tenure. Been told stories about how terrible a coach he was. Arrogant with no idea who fought with almost everyone.

King hit

Coach
Myth as a player too. Played some good Origin games and the rest was pretty much reserve grade

I do think of his NSWRL stint as very disappointing. The Broncos success didn’t really begin till he was moved on and the.Coast got nothing besides wooden spoons. Maybe if he was allowed to join the Sea Eagles pre Broncos it could’ve been different.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I do think of his NSWRL stint as very disappointing. The Broncos success didn’t really begin till he was moved on and the.Coast got nothing besides wooden spoons. Maybe if he was allowed to join the Sea Eagles pre Broncos it could’ve been different.
I remember the broncos first game when they absolutely smashed manly then won their next 5.

1988 he was Dally M five eighth and leading try scorer for the broncos including their first hattrick.

Even Lewis towards the end of his career was dominant in a game.

King hit

Coach
BS! Lewis was a state of origin god.
Alll kenny did was run and that was off of sterling.

Honestly how old are you people?

12?

Kenny was the NSW five eighth 11 times and beat Lewis 8/11 times going over the top of him to seal the 85 series and was a pivot at 6 claiming a 3-0 sweep. He also won 4 premierships to Lewis’s 3.

And lol at Kenny just ran off Sterling and that’s it

Fangs

Coach
Brett Kenny>Wally Lewis.

Based on 80s replays on Fox Sports :D

That includes at coaching Level. By all reports both were absolutely terrible at their job, especially Kenny. But have to say he was at least better than Lewis who were the great Gold Coast Seagulls club.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Kenny was the NSW five eighth 11 times and beat Lewis 8/11 times going over the top of him to seal the 85 series and was a pivot at 6 claiming a 3-0 sweep. He also won 4 premierships to Lewis’s 3.

And lol at Kenny just ran off Sterling and that’s it

Wally lewis 8 SOO man of the match awards. Kenny had 1.

Meh...kenny worked off of sterling and had a great running game.

Lewis had muppet murray on his inside and changed the game on his own.

And managed to win a couple of man of the match awards when beaten by kenny at 5/8.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Brett Kenny>Wally Lewis.

Based on 80s replays on Fox Sports :D

That includes at coaching Level. By all reports both were absolutely terrible at their job, especially Kenny. But have to say he was at least better than Lewis who were the great Gold Coast Seagulls club.
Did kenny captain-coach?