What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst hands

Wizardman

First Grade
Which player has the worst hands you've ever seen? Bring up past players as well as the present.

Present day players on the whole have better hands than in any other era of league that I've seen. It is pretty rare for players these days to have bad hands and they don't tend to last long in this era of possession footy. However.....Sam Burgess would have the worst hands in the NRL. For a player with such power and a great workrate, his hands are definitely below first grade.
George Burgess and Joe Burgess are not far behind in the dickfingers stakes though. I find it hard to think of a player close to them with as bad hands today.

Alltime, I'd probably have to go with Ben Pomeroy. He'd have been a great player if he could catch. Russell Richardson would get a mention too.

Bazal

Post Whore
Steve Crouch was absolutely woeful for us back in the day....both in terms of his hands, and just footballing ability generally

McLovin

Staff member
1443995409618.jpg

SBD82

Coach
4 posts and no one has mentioned hopoate?

I give this thread a thumbs up.

...I'll see myself out.

Vic Mackey

Referee
For the Tigers Ben Murdoch-Masila was the worst in recent memory.

Hard to argue with Sam being the worst in the game ATM

Apey

Staff member
Ritchie Fa'aoso.

In his defence he spent a lot of his time on the field in Disneyland.

OVP

Coach
Brad Tessman had the worst hands I've ever seen, by a long way too. For Easts, I couldn't count how many times he'd knock the ball on into his own head when we were about to score.

But for Qld, he was usually the best on ground, never dropped the ball once.

Hated the prick lol.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Which player has the worst hands you've ever seen? Bring up past players as well as the present.

Present day players on the whole have better hands than in any other era of league that I've seen. It is pretty rare for players these days to have bad hands and they don't tend to last long in this era of possession footy. However.....Sam Burgess would have the worst hands in the NRL. For a player with such power and a great workrate, his hands are definitely below first grade.
George Burgess and Joe Burgess are not far behind in the dickfingers stakes though. I find it hard to think of a player close to them with as bad hands today.

Alltime, I'd probably have to go with Ben Pomeroy. He'd have been a great player if he could catch. Russell Richardson would get a mention too.

Ben Pommeroy, no contest. Russ Rich was famous for dropping that ball over the line in the semi against the Broncos that would have put us ahead and from that point on he never recovered. True story.

The Burgess Bros have had their time in the sun imo, time for them all to move on after they pay off Sam's contract in 2023.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
the burgii handling issues have really stood out of late due to the fact that in their first few seasons at the golden club they could have dropped it cold ben hunt style off the kickoff and would still get a strip penalty called. Then after their premiership was handed to them the legups started to decline and the errors starting being put next to their names on the stats sheet.

Ben Pomeroy, the special needs penguin probably has this though. Carl Webb had a rare ability to cause a knock on without actually dropping it himself by pegging the ball at somones feet with a stupid offload that wasn't on within a minute of coming on the field

SBD82

Coach
Ryles.

He had a habit of giving away penalties at dumb times, but it was only marginally worse than his ability to drop a ball in a clutch moment of the game.

Snappy

Coach
Sam Thaiday is good for a least one drop per game. Gillet used to have penises for fingers but has improved this year

Latest posts