What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst injury you've ever had?

DeeJ

Bench
Previously, I got a little crack in my elbow from hyperextending it.

Currently I have had a torn lat for over a year now, I should probably see a physio about it.

joshie

Live Update Team
When I was little I put my finger in a hinge. Aunty closed the door and it sliced my finger in two. Saved the finger but have scarring all on it.

When I was a kid I was running with a fake truck, racing my friend, head down and ran straight into a pile. Broke my collar bone nice and good. One of my shoulders is higher than my other and it's so weird haha

A few years later I was casually walking inside when a security door attacked. It had lost the covering on the corner and tore into my flesh, ripping my ankle open. I could see the bone. I still have the bubble scar.

Playing rugby league I took a hit up and landed wrong. I broke the bone in my wedding finger in half and had to have an operation that night.

Last year while working on a construction site I had a wheelbarrow land on my finger, slicing it in half. It was saved but has a weird scar.

HevyDevy

Coach
My worst injury happened only last July.

Had my staffy down at the dog park and she got into a bit of a scrap with another staffy. We jumped in and got them apart, checked out the dogs and everything looked fine. Dogs got over it pretty quick, so I put the collar back on my dog and started to walk her away. Then I looked down and noticed my finger was hanging off!

Another dog owner drove me to emergency and I had surgery that day. Only problem is that they had to keep my finger wrapped up a bit longer than they anticipated and my tendons etc have tightened, leaving me with the tip of my finger bent down at 90 degrees.

So I guess I'm going to need more surgery again soon to straighten it.

Disc tear in lower back lifting heavy things

Broken collar bone playing RL

Broken wrist due to trampoline accident.

Broken hand punching a wall

Danish

Referee
My worst injury happened only last July.

Had my staffy down at the dog park and she got into a bit of a scrap with another staffy. We jumped in and got them apart, checked out the dogs and everything looked fine. Dogs got over it pretty quick, so I put the collar back on my dog and started to walk her away. Then I looked down and noticed my finger was hanging off!

Another dog owner drove me to emergency and I had surgery that day. Only problem is that they had to keep my finger wrapped up a bit longer than they anticipated and my tendons etc have tightened, leaving me with the tip of my finger bent down at 90 degrees.

So I guess I'm going to need more surgery again soon to straighten it.

Finger surgery is bloody fiddly at the best of times, so hopefully they can straighten it out for you.

My dad dislocated his finger pushing my bro-in-law into a pool. 3 surgeries about over a year of wearing some little splint thing later its still bent at the 2nd knuckle. He didn't get it looked at for several months after the initial injury though (old school "she'll be right" manliness :lol:) so that probably contributed a fair bit to his problems now.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah it's pretty annoying. I think ill have to get a permanent pin through the end joint to keep it straight. The middle joint has a slight bend too but I can deal with that.

ggmu

Juniors
I barely remember it i was so drunk.

Always great the drunk injuries. Luckily the worst drunk injury I've had was a sprained ankle still have no idea how it happened. Worst injury was in our first soccer trial 2 years ago I thought I'd have a run in the out field as I usually play keeper. With in 2 minutes I had completely torn apart ligaments in my groin. Needless to say I don't come out of goals any more.

Springs

First Grade
- Had my left foot run over when I was 13. As a result the right metatarsal completely shattered and the other four snapped. 2 operations.
- Broke my left arm in a footy match at 16
- Cracked my right patella in a footy match at 17. Operation took apart of it out and it's been weak ever since.
- Concussed in 2010 by a swinging arm
- Broke two ribs in a footy match in 2012 by getting a knee in the back at two separate games in the same spot. Then I coughed once and they broke more.
- Was knocked out, concussed and suffered a bad whiplash-like injury in 2012 by a borderline spear tackle. Neck is still not right.
- Was concussed again in 2013 in my second game back.

Springs

First Grade
When I was little I put my finger in a hinge. Aunty closed the door and it sliced my finger in two. Saved the finger but have scarring all on it.

When I was a kid I was running with a fake truck, racing my friend, head down and ran straight into a pile. Broke my collar bone nice and good. One of my shoulders is higher than my other and it's so weird haha

A few years later I was casually walking inside when a security door attacked. It had lost the covering on the corner and tore into my flesh, ripping my ankle open. I could see the bone. I still have the bubble scar.

Playing rugby league I took a hit up and landed wrong. I broke the bone in my wedding finger in half and had to have an operation that night.

Last year while working on a construction site I had a wheelbarrow land on my finger, slicing it in half. It was saved but has a weird scar.

Stop getting into fights with inanimate objects. I hope the security door was put down.

some11

Referee
Torn PCL & LCL plus bone bruising from skateboarding.

Was doing a double set, cleared it perfectly but centre of gravity was too far forward and since I never learned how to bail properly (roll sideways) I fell forward and natural instinct was to lift my leg up asap to steady myself, ending up smashing my bent knee straight into the concrete tearing both ligaments.

Crazy how detached it felt when sitting on a chair and lifting my leg up, took just over a year to break up the scar tissue inside the joint to be pain free.

DC_fan

Coach
Nothing major. Just a torn hamstring may years ago whilst playing touch football.

Felt and heard the hamstring rip. Went down like a ton of bricks. From the noise of the hamstring tearing people around me thought I had broken my leg.

DC_fan

Coach
A broken foot is pretty common if you play any type of sport. But how is this for how it happened to my niece.

A few years back she was doing some volunteer work in a wild life refuge in South America. If I remember rightly somewhere in the Amazon.

Anyway she had to take a Cougar for a exercise walk in the jungle. Its a task a lot of volunteers undertake. From what she told me it can be a lot of fun.

While out with the cougar and no one else she got up a bit of a jog. Which was fine except for one thing. She tripped over a log and broke her foot.

So there she was, just her with her broken foot and the Cougar. It was some distance back to camp. She had to limp back to camp.

Cena

Juniors
I kicked a flat basket ball and ended up twisting my leg on top of the ball breaking my ankle.

goodplayer

Juniors
shattered hip cup. dislocated hip - leg bones

broken collar bone

stuffed up knee

fractured sternum = chest area

slip disc=lower back

t-ba

Post Whore
Broken Ankle.

Running down uneven stairs in a suit = Terrible idea.

Still causing me minor grief a year later.

JoeD

First Grade
Mulched my right index finger completely and had a good go at thumb and middle finger but they survived although have restricted movement in both. Index finger amputated at the middle of the palm.