What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WORST NATIONAL ANTHEM SINGING EVER!!!

Julie Anthony is still in the doghouse for mine after her "singing" at SOO this year. But that was a stinker today. Nerves, bad voice, poor rehearsals, she had it all.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Emma Paki has been around for years on the NZ music scene, had a hit with the greenstone song....I think she had a few to many lion reds to calm the nerves though.

Anonymous

Juniors
Easy does it guys. I could see from her body language that she was having foldback problems. That is, she couldn't hear herself properly. Wouldnt surprise me if she was getting delayed audio because she was clearly out of synch with the music.

It was a terrible attempt at the national anthems but imo, the blame lies with the organisers who should have been better prepared.

Promoters of sporting events rarely invest much time or money into the national anthem and this was a classic example.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Good on the league for giving her a go. It wasn't that long ago that the girl was living on the streets according to a news article I came across when looking for football news.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I had two ideas when I heard her:
a). New Zealand's secret weapon
b). She's dying, and this was her last wish

There's no excuse for singing like that. I wonder what Dicko would've said.

Chris

Anonymous

Juniors
You guys are blaming the wrong person. The promoters didnt supply adequate sound for the singer. It was obvious she wasnt hearing things right.

NPK

Bench
It wasn't just foldback problems - she obviously didn't know some of the words...towards the end of the anthem she just went quiet until she remembered the words...

It was out of key too...too high pitched..

Anonymous

Juniors
NPK said:
It wasn't just foldback problems - she obviously didn't know some of the words...towards the end of the anthem she just went quiet until she remembered the words...

It was out of key too...too high pitched..
I think you'll find many singers are a little out of key and out of time when they're confronted with technical problems.
Do you think she forgot the words or do you think she was have trouble hearing her own words? I go the latter.
If you think if she didnt know the words then why was she on stage? Again the promoters fault.

Sure, she wasnt the 'trooper' or professional like Tom Jones would be but then again, the budget didnt allow for a mega-star. I felt sorry for her because she's copping it because of the poor organisers.

Skinner

Coach
Jaysus...if it sounded bad on telly you shoulda been there for the
live version. I really wish that they would just play a recorded effort.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
At least it wasnt Temuera Morrison.

She was really bad, but I think Willows right, not being able to hear yourself & sync with the music throws your timing out & after a few bars you wouldnt know what words to sing and when.
She can actually sing pretty well.

Latest posts