What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WORST NATIONAL ANTHEM SINGING EVER!!!

Special K

Coach
I was watching it on my cousins new plasma(f**k spelling 8) ) and we had just set it up with his new sound system and ARGH!!! we had to mute it.

God it was so loud and argh terrible...I think they were taking the piss out of us :lol:

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
ALl i could do was laugh.. im not 100% convinced.. couldnt it have been a mike drop out for the part that she didnt sing??.. she was bloody horible if u ask me and i guess the rest of the people watching it.

Oh well it was entertaining.. i preffered it to the usual anthem:)...

Misty Bee

First Grade
Willow said:
You guys are blaming the wrong person. The promoters didnt supply adequate sound for the singer. It was obvious she wasnt hearing things right.

You a muso, Willow? If only the NRL/NZRL had a muso aruond to tell 'em the simple physics of sound waves, accoustics and other basic scientific parameters of such things.

Fellas, sound travels at the speed of, well, sound. So when I sat high up in Stadium Australia once, I reeled in horror as the NationalAnthem singer was getting a live feed from the grandstand speakers! Thus, what she heard was delayed, and when she sang it was therefore delayed. Generously, the SA people had the foldback line going through the same speakers. So, not only was she out of time, she was hearing her voice out of time,which was doubly out of time!

The sound must eminate from the same source, not one high up in the grandstands. i always cringe at amatuers running PA's. My youngest was christened in a loveley church which deemed that it's entire sound system needs could be met with a car stereo.

Reminds me of the Billy Idol affair. The story behind that one was that Steve Stevens insisted on using his Marshall baqckline, which is entirely understandable. However, his backline was, of course, built for the US voltage (210 - correct me if I'm wrong). The Ent Cent would have 210 volts,as would the Hordern, the Superdome and a number of large veues around the joint. Stadium Oz? Nup. Marshalls wouldn't work.

The sad thing is that the NRL is no different that 99% of other businesses that use live musicians for entertainment. How many pubs have built a pisy little stage shove in the spare corner of the pub, and expect to get a 5 piece rock band happening?

Anonymous

Juniors
Misty Bee,
As Razor said, it is 110v for US appliances. But I dont know about that story.
Funny you should mention Bill Idol though. It was a classic example of the promoters stuffing up - another example of zero attention to detail.
I think one of the problems is dealng with the burecracy of the situation and trying to get the meagre resources together. Promoters don't seem to give enough priority to make the pre-match entertainment look professional.

Gorillasanti

Juniors
That was absolutely farkin embarressing, as soon as she started singing I just looked at me mate and we didn't know wether to laugh or what.
Emma Paki had a hit album called "Oxygen", she then sort of went missing but someone found her sleeping under a bridge with some streetkids.

In-goal

Bench
I watched it on my own yesterday and i was feeling quite embaresed, poor girl being sent out there in front of 20 thousand odd Rugby League fans.

It was a bit unusual that the one person sang both Anthems.

dimitri

First Grade
ive seen it done before

and it simply doesnt work
you need an aussie to sing the aussie anthem

and you need a kiwi to sing the kiwi anthem

JoeD

First Grade
I Was at the game and just couldn't stop laughing when she was singing the oz anthem, I thought they must be taking the piss. When the NZ anthem started the same it just made us all laugh more because it was just as bad.

I didn't see the game till 12.30 saturday night due to living in jerkwater Adelaide...so I thought I must have just been tired when I started to hear this dying animal try to sing the anthem...then I realised it was actually happening. Sad...very sad.

Latest posts