What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Incorrect

Coach
Daley used to come up with stuff that made me think he was a little geniused... He'd say things like "I like a player who can catch and pass" or "you won't score unless you break your oppositon's defensive line"....

And since then he's picked blokes like Trent Hodkinson and Nathan Merrit for NSW, so yeah, maybe he is a little geniused...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Daley was determined to get every player in the comps name wrong. Not just the rabs level of racist where he just gives up if the player looks remotely Polynesian and would mistake a 4 foot utai for an 8 foot Daniel tupou but even if a players name was John Smith Daley would manage a jack smith In their somewhere. Also never forget is beauty of a side "needing a gooder defence this half", yep, gooder.

Mr Saab

Referee
Needs more Andrew Johns. Rubbish analysis. Every kid will play origin or is huge..."look at the size of him"
My favourite last yr was Johns talking up Euan Aitken after Raiders Dragons game where he said he will play 350 games. Yeah cause sooo many players reach that level of longevity. King of Hyperbol.
Him & Fittler are why ch9 push people to Fox

Munted

Bench
He sounds like a slippery gypsy.

Although no longer at Fox, Scott Punce was another shocker as well:

As I mentioned in another thread, with all the money and planning Fox put into this 24hr league channel, seriously, couldn't they have found better talent? Walters, Tallis, Kimmorley, Bwaith, Shirvington....is that really the best that's on offer? And on top of that, the audacity to have a QLDers only RL show.....that hits the pitts more than Lara.

That Scott Prince clip is f**king awful! What a useless shyte!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Needs more Andrew Johns. Rubbish analysis. Every kid will play origin or is huge..."look at the size of him"
My favourite last yr was Johns talking up Euan Aitken after Raiders Dragons game where he said he will play 350 games. Yeah cause sooo many players reach that level of longevity. King of Hyperbol.

There's a lot of reasons why I watch Fox. Unfortunately we had to put these guys during the Grand Final.

I dont watch it during club games but nothing surprises me with Gould, Johns and Fittler.

Gus with his "I hate that rule"
Johns with his "I can see him play rep footy this year" Its only Round 1 FFS and already there's Origin talk.
Fittler on the sideline "Just have a look at him lining up this kick, look how focused he is". Really?

LESStar58

Referee
Guttenbiel and Halligan are the biggest duo of insufferable f**ks in all of rugby league broadcasting.

The bias whenever the Warriors or Kiwis is nauseating and neither of them can call a game to save themselves.

Genuinely terrible. I hate watching Warriors games as it means I have to be subjected to their banality.

Incorrect

Coach

Absolutely!

Johns isn't a commentator, he sounds like your typical big mouth gronk at the local who only watches the game in between lining up for a schooner or having a punt in the TAB section...

It's all "How strong is he?!" "How fast is he?!" "Look at his ball skills" "What about that drop out?!"

That's not insight, it's just f**king inanity

mozza91

Coach
Daley was determined to get every player in the comps name wrong. Not just the rabs level of racist where he just gives up if the player looks remotely Polynesian and would mistake a 4 foot utai for an 8 foot Daniel tupou but even if a players name was John Smith Daley would manage a jack smith In their somewhere. Also never forget is beauty of a side "needing a gooder defence this half", yep, gooder.
Nothing's changed. On 360 last night he tried to pronounce Roger Tuivasa Sheck's name and I thought he'd had a stroke halfway through.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Absolutely!

Johns isn't a commentator, he sounds like your typical big mouth gronk at the local who only watches the game in between lining up for a schooner or having a punt in the TAB section...

It's all "How strong is he?!" "How fast is he?!" "Look at his ball skills" "What about that drop out?!"

That's not insight, it's just f**king inanity
Joey and Freddy crack me up

'Look at those thighs'
'Imagine him running at ya'
'Look at him move'

Hahaha

And Freddy is a dead-set tripper.

Garbage Analysis though

Vossy is by far the best

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Nothing's changed. On 360 last night he tried to pronounce Roger Tuivasa Sheck's name and I thought he'd had a stroke halfway through.
Did he call him David fusitua the first time? He used to get ty williams mixed up with other darker skin guys in the side and ty was the only one in that side that wore headgear ffs

Incorrect

Coach
Did he call him David fusitua the first time? He used to get ty williams mixed up with other darker skin guys in the side and ty was the only one in that side that wore headgear ffs
Lol

He's probably spent the last 4 years telling NSW players not to fall for Ty Williams' dummy when referring to QLD's number 6....

TheFrog

Coach
Matt Thompson is pretty much on his own level of abysmal as far as front men go. Behind him you'll find Joel Caine. Hadley isn't too bad but he calls TV like it is radio, which isn't surprising. I've warmed a little to Voss with his little funnies.Warren Smith is unchallenged as the best of them.

In comments men, Kimmorley and Belcher are both showers of shite. Also Walters is pretty much poo. Johns on 9 sounds like he is shitfaced all the time. Sterlo is annoying when calling Parra but OK otherwise. Alexander, Ennis and Roach are all good. Gould....well when you understand that his on-air persona is all just an act he's not that unbearable. I have a lot of respect for his achievements in the game.

Last edited: