Worst NRL commentators

Discussion in 'NRL' started by undertaker, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Worst NRL commentator

Poll closed Apr 4, 2017.
  1. Kevin Walters

21.9%
  2. Greg Alexander

4.8%
  3. Braith Anasta

4.8%
  4. Andy Raymond

4.8%
  5. Phil Gould

17.1%
  6. Darren Lockyer

11.4%
  7. Steve Roach

17.1%
  8. Mark Gasnier

4.8%
  9. Other

13.3%
  10. Ray Hadley/Warren

26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Knightmare

Knightmare Coach

This.

I agree that Gus is actually spot-on about a lot of things regarding what's wrong/ what needs to be changed with the current game. He clearly has a fantastic understanding of players and of the game itself.

But the way he hedges his bets both ways and then carries on about how "He just KNEW they'd do it" when either team wins is so bad it's comical.

2. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 Bench

I recall him calling a Cowboys game back in about 2011. The further the match went on, the more pissed he sounded.

He even said that Shaun Johnston did something miraculous when he was probably curled up in bed, snoozing away before the next day's match at Mt Smart!

A squeaky voiced little retard.

3. PANTHERMIKE

PANTHERMIKE Juniors

He apparently sucks dick as good as slotting on from the sideline.. This is the only reasonable justification for him to be on ANY form of commentary team

4. Sea_Eagles_Rock

Sea_Eagles_Rock First Grade

Brandy is easily as biased as Spina. As is a fired up 'Gaz'. But Hadley is the worst commentator. I won't listen to him.

How bad is the entire C9 team at the moment. With Locky, Gus, Warren, Johns, Hadley, Wally all dictating terms (lol), its a snore fest. Channel 9's sports coverage is completely broken now, across all sports. It use to be the key part of their entire business before. Their lack of succession planning, and allowing people like Ray Warren to go on as long has he has, is difficult to comprehend. Especially now they are competing on each game they cover against fox.

I actually had hoped the NRL would sign the last deal to another competitor for FTA. But no, they chose to allow the same old routine to remain. You would think they would grow tired of being constantly thrown under the bus by Gus and Warren every 5 seconds for the last contract. League coverage is terrible, that new channel on Fox is a waste of time too. It re-runs game and shows more than The Simpsons.

There needs to be a change in NRL Headquarters before the next contract is signed. They missed the opportunity to be pioneers of the evolution of sporting television in this country on the last contract. Streaming is taking over, and their streaming contents is laughable.

The Mad Hatter likes this.
  5. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

Buderus and Caine combo calling nsw cup is utter trash. Hopefully they stay in reserve grade

6. beave

beave Coach

How good is Matt Shirvington doing the pre-match hoo haaa.......

7. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

Steve Roach last night pulled out every condescending and inaccurate generalisation on the Warriors that he possibly could last. I thought Wayne Pearce who was also extremely stupid with Polynesian generalisations had returned. Maybe utter stupidity in the commentary box is a Balmain thing.

You know you are truly horrific as a commentator when Andy Raymond pulled him up on his nonsensical lies.

Stick to bullying in the office, Blocker.

beave likes this.
  8. some11

some11 Coach

I'd rather listen to a two hour loop of Joey saying 'tremendous footwork for a big man' than two minutes of Roach.

Iafeta likes this.
  9. beave

beave Coach

The retort by your boys twitter account was gold. Roach was being a complete douchè last night........... however some it was justified. Horrendous shit, the fans deserve better.

10. Brutus

Brutus Referee

Blocker has been a proponent of 'jungle ball' for many years now.

11. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

I'd suggest Roach got a gig because he's mates with Voss.

The obese squeaky voiced merkin is a joke.

12. Bernster

Bernster Juniors

Nine: All of them, especially Wally Lewis who always seems devo whenever the Cowboys get up and/or beat those entitled Unicorns - same with Brad Fittler. Darren Lockyer isn't so bad. Andrew Johns aka Shane Warne's long lost brother gets irritating too. But hey, Channel Nine became dead to me a year ago because Fox is a squillion times better.

As for Fox, I'm not a fan of Blocker thesedays.

13. halfbackBENHUNT

halfbackBENHUNT Juniors

For all the good Fox have done, they are rapidly undoing it by keeping Roach in commentary.

thorson1987 and God-King Dean like this.
  14. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Fox,for me,is miles ahead on the game commentary. Unfortunately, their non game content is fast becoming personality based and not league driven not unlike The Footy Show.

15. undertaker

undertaker First Grade

Michael Ennis has been good on the pre-game/post-game panels, but his match commentary leaves a lot to be desired. He voice sounds like he's been suffering from constipation all week

16. gunpk

gunpk Juniors

Agree. He sounds a bit like the animal documentary narrators

axl rose likes this.
  17. undertaker

undertaker First Grade

ROFL! Never thought of it that way, but sounds pretty accurate. Just need him to break into a bit of a "CRIKEY!" and you'd think Steve Irwin was still around.

axl rose likes this.
  18. Brutus

Brutus Referee

Graeme Hughes and Warren Boland. Bring them back. Hughes called a game last year. It was good for a guy that hadn't called in years.

axl rose likes this.
  19. axl rose

axl rose Juniors

What game did he call

20. Brutus

Brutus Referee

Manly v Newcastle at Brookvale.