What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst players to play Origin

wittyfan

Referee
There's a difference between worst players and worst performances. Eg saw Nathan Merritt mentioned here - had an awful SOO but IMO one of the best wingers of his time.

So..

Worst Players (I'm going all-time here..)
Joe Kilroy
Dane Carlaw
Jeremy Schloss
Danny Moore
Stuart Kelly
Adrian Brunker
Rex Wright (made SOO from Country Origin - great effort though!)
David Brooks
Alan Wilson
Ken McGuiness
Josh Perry
Joel Monaghan
Anthony Quinn
Kade Snowden
Tim Grant

Some of these guys had one or two bumper seasons then nothing (eg Grant), journeymen, toilers etc (eg Brooks).

No Jamie Buhrer??? :hushed:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I’m watching game 2 1982. Tony Melrose played his only Origin game and he would have to be up there. Was beaten all ends up by Ribot all night long and looked totally out of place.

Johnny Reebs..Now there was one wing tradesman

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Even though NSW won,i wouldnt expect Creighton,Jimmy the Jet or Paul Vaughan to be there in 2019....Very average series for those 3.

I feel like Dane Nielsen is worth a shot. At the time he was playing for Melbourne, he didn't look out of place. But as soon as he went to another club (the Warriors, and then on to other clubs) he showed himself to be shit.

Straight from an episode of "Where are they now?"... Got in strife at the Dragons almost immediately after joining us then hocus pocus... he's disappeared!

King hit

Coach
Just had a crack at the worst blues team from the 8 straight

1: Kurt Gidley
2: Steve Turner
3: Joel Monaghan
4: Jamal Idris
5: Nathan Merritt
6: Terry Campese
7: Mitchell Pearce
8: Jason King
9: Dean Young
10: Tim Mannah
11: Ben Creagh
12: Kade Snowden
13: Justin Poore

myrrh ken

First Grade
Idris went alright in that one game he played off the pine.

Put beau scott in there. He was terrible at centre.

Idris went alright in that one game he played off the pine.

Put beau scott in there. He was terrible at centre.

Beau Scott played his balls off in the 100th origin.. NSW were getting battered in the 2nd half and he was tackling his heart out - he stopped qld at the death and collapsed after the game. I've got nothing but admiration for him and all the other blues that played in that game. Its the best origin match I've ever seen.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Beau Scott played his balls off in the 100th origin.. NSW were getting battered in the 2nd half and he was tackling his heart out - he stopped qld at the death and collapsed after the game. I've got nothing but admiration for him and all the other blues that played in that game. Its the best origin match I've ever seen.

agree but he played 2nd row then. point still stands