What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOULD THE RABBITOHS SIGN BRENT GROSE, IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE

griffwire

Juniors
warrington wolves signed brent for yourselves after the 2002 season and he has been a revelation for us and was linked to Brisbane last year but luckly signed for the wire again...what do you guys think of him, because we love him!!!!

Seano

Juniors
I would def have him back. he was good for us in 2002 in an otherwise poor year

rastus

Juniors
griffwire said:
warrington wolves signed brent for yourselves after the 2002 season and he has been a revelation for us and was linked to Brisbane last year but luckly signed for the wire again...what do you guys think of him, because we love him!!!!

He is a solid toiler at best, it's no coincidence he was let go by both Cronulla and Souths. Would add to depth but no more.

Mambo

Juniors
I have the feeling that we are short one back in 2004. Brent would be able to plug that hole and make me feel better about the backline if injuries hit like they did in 2003.

iggy plop

First Grade
rastus said:
griffwire said:

He is a solid toiler at best, it's no coincidence he was let go by both Cronulla and Souths. Would add to depth but no more.

He was a very good player at the Sharks and let go too early as usual by the Rabbitohs. The Bunnies should've kept him.

Big Bunny

Juniors
An underrated player, one that I'd enjoy seeing back at Souths but the reality is that we have no room left under the salary cap and I'm quite happy with the 2004 squad as it is.

I wouldn't read too much into the possibility of Grose being offered a run with Brisbane, since the vast majority of stories like that coming out of the UK aren't to be believed. Time and time again there are these stories about both Aussies (mostly old farts) and English stars being offered large Aussie contracts, only to see it turn out to be nothing but the player managers trying to pump up the contract money.

P.J.

Juniors
iggy plop said:
He was a very good player at the Sharks and let go too early as usual by the Rabbitohs. The Bunnies should've kept him.

Here here, he was our leading tryscorer in 2002, and we let him go. No defensive problems, attacked well, could read the play. Why?

Colemans gone now, and I'd have him back in a shot!!

buster bunny

Juniors
P.J said:
Colemans gone now, and I'd have him back in a shot!!

Why would you want that loser back! While I dont agree with the way he was forced out it had to happen eventually.