What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be sacking Trent Barret or even Des Hasler?

BennyV

Referee
Guys, guys, guys...sure, we could take the piss out of Mickeylane for his ridiculously terrible track record, his illogical support of our failure-of-a-coach or the overall stupidity of this thread...but I think they derpiest derp that he has ever derped comes from this...
Who are the heirarchy and who reappointed Mcgregor then feel free to drop them a note and tell them they're f**ked and docile and have no idea - you like all of us are just dumb pundits who are passionate about a team - don't think for once instance you have a clue of what your talking about - the professionals of the club have made their decision and we as dumb pundits have to go with their decision because obviously they see something we are not seeing and thAt gives me confidence..
..WE SHOULD JUST TRUST THEY CLUB.

Management knows what they are doing guys. The same CEO and Board of Directors who have seen us plummet to $6million of debt, sell off our home grounds and appoint useless coach after useless coach see something in our latest useless coach, we should trust in that because we, collectively, have never even watched a game of footy and certainly cant analyse the skills of a coach as well as the group of people who also appointed such coaching genius as Steve Price and Andrew Farrar.

We should completely trust these guys. WE have no reason to think that they would be self-serving or simply looking after their friend who gives them everything they want. IN DOUST WE TRUST.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Roll forward to the end of year review and lets have a crack at what will come put of that.

* Game Preparation for the team and individually is not right.
* Team cohesion on the field is not always there - we have become pass happy in difficult situations and don't play to the conditions and respect the opposition.
* Kicking game is still not where it needs to be - too many grubbers and not enough high balls for our teams to contest.
* Game Management - we keep trying to score of every play. Need to work over the opposition and play in their half more often.
* We allow the opposition to play the ball faster than any other team. Need to work ball carriers all the way to the ground and ensure we end up on top 75% of the time. Watch Melbourne.
* Referee variances - We play the same game irrespective of the referee, Watch the game on the weekend, and they didn't blow penalties for off side or ruck infringements. Newcastle capitalised. Remember the deliberate passing into a player on the ground to get a penalty?
* Running options have improved, with more than one runner going to the line on the same play, however need dummy half to run at the line with support. Everyone knows McDonald and Nightingale will not pass coming out of dummy half.
* Right side attack - not getting enough ball. Teams are preparing the right side defence to counter out left side attack, need to balance the attack to both sides to minimise effectiveness of defensive plans.

St Georgio

Juniors
We have a top 4 team, the boys proved it at the start of the year.
1.We have an incompetent board and CEO
2.We have an assistant coach as head coach and that is being nice.
3.The Refs and the bunker are purely incompetent and hate the Dragons!
4.We will be lucky to make the Eight.
5.We need the second coming of Frank Facer bigger and Better, that has influence on the whole game.

Last edited:
So, the general premise of the OP is......

"Everyone thought we'd be shit this year, we are not as shit as some other clubs, so.........winning.......in the Charlie Sheen sense of the word"

gonz

Juniors
We beat Sharks away, Manly home and away, smash Premiership favourites Penrith do those results mean nothing ? These are major results .. Please see it both ways not just the way you want to see it..
The point is these are the games mcidiot should be earning his stripes but he can't ! His not capable his a fool.
It's so easy to predict the matches we lose with this coach, If I could I'd have backed us to lose all these games I'd be on the Greek islands.

So with des do we get 3/5 in these games ?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
You really need a reality check .by wonderful .if you mean uninspiring. Downright amateurish, and unimaginative. Then I have to totally agree with you .obviously you are Marys lovechild Im now sure of it how's your brother josh mcroan sweetie

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Love the Stats DragonsSlayer and if the 4 wins that the Dragons were ripped of by refs went our way they would be top 4 and it would make perfect sense. No questions asked, no bagging and this forum would be a happy place 99% of the time.

If the poor officiating which has not only impacted the Saints but others was not that bad then stats would suit where teams are placed. This game really shows how much of an impact a ref has to a game and how much influence they have. Now they have 2 anbd a bunker to make it even worse.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
And if anybody has any doubt about our coach's credentials. Just a couple of weeks ago he stated that Kurt Mann was playing so well a place had to be found for last years leading try scorer.forward a couple of weeks Kurt Mann 80 minutes on the bench .if that doesn't wake Lizzie and all you other Mary lovers to the fact our coach has nothing totally devoid of any credibility.

2010Dragons

Bench
Here are some interesting stats up to rd 21:
The Dragons (team) are:
Points scored: 2nd with 419 points (leader Broncos on 433)
Tries scored: 5th with 72 (leader Manly with 76)
Goals scored: 4th with 65 (leader Broncos with 69)
All runs: 2nd with 3390 (leader Broncos with 3445)
Run metres: 1st with 32313
Try assists: 3rd with 55 (leader Manly with 62)
Tackles: 4th with 6188 (leader Roosters with 6343)
Missed tackles: 16th with 478 (leader Penrith 654) which is a good thing, so actually we are top team here
Line breaks: 1st with 92
Line break assists: equal 1st (with Storm)

Individuals:
Points scored: Widdop 2nd 153 (leader Cleary 168)
Tries scored: Nightingale equal 5th with 12 (leader Johnston on 16)
All runs: JDB 11th with 290 (leader Gallen with 370)
Run metres: McDonald 13th with 2729 (leader Taumalolo 3488)
Try assists: Widdop 4th with 15 (leader DCE with 18)
Tackles: McInnes 1st with 917
Missed tackles: McCrone 13th with 61 (leader Koroisau with 94)
Line breaks: Nightingale 16th with 11 (leader Rapana with 19)

Of the 10 categories we are:
top team in 4 - Run metres. Missed tackles, Line breaks and Line break assists
2nd in 2, 3rd in 1, 4th in 2 and 5th in one other!

So where does it all go wrong for us?
Attitude and discipline is where we fail.
We usually play DUMB footy at the wrong time.
We give away DUMB penalties at the wrong time.
We play hot and cold footy, depending on how poor the other team is playing.
These two key requirements :- Attitude and Discipline comes from the coaching staff and captain and leaders on the field.
They are all dumb as each other !!

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I
This is a very revealing post. Thanks for doing this analysis.
It totally supports that we are losing games despite our stats being so strong.
It is because we are poorly coached - a combination of lack of experience and aptitude.
The Newcastle game is a classic example.

I agree these stats are very good.
The Dragons (team) are:
Missed tackles: 16th with 478 (leader Penrith 654) which is a good thing, so actually we are top team here

Individuals:

Thankyou for sharing these stats. I think to see where things have gone wrong we need to break the season into 2, the start of the season where the team looked like world beaters and the second half being very ordinary. This may give some guide in pinpointing the team's and coaching problems.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The Dragons (team) are:

Individuals:

Dragonslayer
Is there a stat for the amount of missed trys.
I think that would be the stat that shows out badly for us.
Also lack of pace would also show up.
Thats were I think we need great improvement.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
And if anybody has any doubt about our coach's credentials. Just a couple of weeks ago he stated that Kurt Mann was playing so well a place had to be found for last years leading try scorer.forward a couple of weeks Kurt Mann 80 minutes on the bench .if that doesn't wake Lizzie and all you other Mary lovers to the fact our coach has nothing totally devoid of any credibility.

I think Mary was concerned that Kurt is a Newcastle Junior and he may have thrown the game! Hence he was left on the bench for the entire 80 minutes.

dragonscrog

Juniors
F#ckwit.

Your excitement over Mary's extension, 'take as read, Mary is getting a 2 year extension!!', 'what more can he do, he has us leading the comp!!', or 'Mary has turned this club around!!', and this post are the bird brain ravings of a clueless imbecile.

Please spare us. No more.

Straight Shooter
Objective view.
Micky Lane gave a well thought out read on how he sees thing related to the Dragons season.
Whether you agree or disagree with him..
To call someone a F...wit. and the ravings of a clueless imbecile.
Shows you to have a very low IQ.
While myself being disappointed in some of our performances.
I believe we are a decent half back away from being a top 4 side.
I suppose in your eyes, that makes me clueless as well.
Give it your best sunshine.