What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you sign Aaron Woods?

Vozzy

Juniors
Woods on the field is what blocker is calling games. They should swap jobs. Woods talks a lot but doesn't back it up. Blocker was tough and fearsome on the field but sounds like a squeaky school girl off it.

nick87

Coach
An argument could be made that we're not far off going down that path again at the moment.

It's certainly a concern. You wonder what will become of the raiders if they cant win a comp between now and 2019, Boyd, Paulo, Tapine, Sia, Papalii, Whitehead, Hodgson, Austin, Sezer, Croker, Beej, Rapana, Wighton... that's a lotta mouths to feed. We certainly wont keep them. We need to strike whilst this iron is hot for sure

OVP

Coach
After listening to the f**kwit again on NRL 360, I hope the Wests Tigers withdraw their offer to him. I don't think I've ever seen a captain care less about his club and sell his club worse than this guy.

I'd like to see the Tigers AND the Dogs withdraw their offer. WTF would he do then ? lol

Red Bear

Referee
He's not playing well.

I don't buy the 'he's showing himself to be a fraud' comments, classic LU hyperbole. He hasn't put a foot wrong in his career prior to this season and then a mediocre seven games and he's no good.

Needs to fix his attitude though. Shame, he'd always seemed a pretty genuine sought of player who was pretty happy to be able to play footy for a living. He has seemed pretty listless this season. Not a great look as a captain.

Spot On

Coach
Getting a fast play the ball is more important for a prop than running hard in todays game.

Yeah, better to amble up and be dominated by three blokes who proceed to take their time peeling off ya so you can take twice as long getting back to your feet to finally play the ball.

You do realise, no matter what spin you listen to or what fandangle shit modern day coaching start ups may preach, nothing beats the old adage of - run harder and tackle harder than your opposition. The harder you hit the line, the more chance of brnding it, the more chance you will receive a penalty due to f**kwit defenders being unable to dominate the ball carrier in the tackle and the more chance you have of a quick play the ball.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
I posted something similar on the Sharks forum about him - he's a plodder...
Yes he's big, but he's slow, ambles into the defensive line (can make meters, but no impact), never puts a shot on in defence and certainly isn't an enforcer - not what I would want from a pack leader, and for the money he's asking, he simply has to be the pack leader.
I also see him as one of those forwards who never takes the hard drives off his own line - those real tough runs, he leaves that to the wingers. The good forwards like your Gallen, Fifita, Matt Scott, Sam Burgess, James Graham, Bromwich and even lower value ones with a bit of ticker like Tolman, Prior, Mannah, they go looking for that work, they suck it up and take their medicine. Players like Woods, Tamou and Merrin, I don't see these guys putting their hands up for those real tough moments, and if you're wanting top money like Woods is, he's gotta do that dirty work like the other top line forwards do.

POPEYE

Coach
Wouldn't pay as much for Woods as I would Prior but he might be worth a run at Newcastle until they find their feet

Latest posts