What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you sign Aaron Woods?

Vic Mackey

Referee
That's what you expect from your club captain, NSW & Aus rep player don't you?

Even if he jogs up 5 metres in that line the try right there is probably avoided

What a lazy prick I wish we could show Cleary this footage

in 2014 i went to the wests tigers coaches night where they show some of the members what the coaches do on a day to day basis.

for the video session they had david kidwell showing defence. he showed a video of a game v the titans where aiden sezer waltzed past woods to score a try. he said in his opinion aaron woods is the best prop in the game with ball in hand but he still has a huge amount of work to do on his defence if he wants to be a real top line player. he seemed very frustrated when talking about it. seems woods hasnt improved one bit.

Front-Rower

First Grade
He is living off of his U/20 form. It took about 5-6 blokes to tackle him and even then he would make 15-20 metres before they got him to ground. If I had a chance to sign him? hmm maybe as a bench player in a team that had a really good pack or if the team was really desperate for a forward, otherwise NO

insert.pause

First Grade
If you ask me, that comment covers over half the NRL players running around.
you're probably right, but these pricks have been allowed to run the joint and because the club has bent over for them they have absolutely no respect for it, they could be in for a culture shock when they move to a stronger club away from their "big 4" posse.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The club has thrown the gauntlet down:

Wests Tigers Members Statement
Wests Tigers would like to provide Members with an update on the current playing contract situation of Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.
The club met with Aaron Woods and James Tedesco's manager on Tuesday.
During this meeting Wests Tigers informed the players’ Manager that the club is imposing a deadline of Friday 21 April for a decision on whether they will accept the contract offers currently with them.

Wests Tigers have made very competitive, long-term, contract offers to both players

The club understands it is a difficult decision given their standing and familiarity with the club and understands that Woods and Tedesco must make the decision that is best for them and their families.

As soon as Woods and Tedesco make give their decision to the club we will inform the playing group and then the public. Certainty is key to moving forward and performing on the field, and we are looking forward to having that.

On the bus or not?

Pedge1971

First Grade
He is living off of his U/20 form. It took about 5-6 blokes to tackle him and even then he would make 15-20 metres before they got him to ground. If I had a chance to sign him? hmm maybe as a bench player in a team that had a really good pack or if the team was really desperate for a forward, otherwise NO

Like Canterbury maybe?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
you're probably right, but these pricks have been allowed to run the joint and because the club has bent over for them they have absolutely no respect for it, they could be in for a culture shock when they move to a stronger club away from their "big 4" posse.

Been going on at the Tigers for quite a while now.

Good old Bungy and Farrah were the tail wagging the dog too.

Happened at Manly to a degree with the Stewart bros, Twatmough and Foran.

Luckily the club cut that crap out quick smart. Shame its taken the Tigers so long, but better late than never.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
They are as good as gone, the club is trying to save some face. Tedesco was the one they couldn't lose, damn shame.

We've been trying to save face all year. The time has come to stop the games, draw the line in the sand and move on with getting our house in order. If they go, they go. It's a loss, and a shame, but done is done and we will no longer have to deal with Moses as a manager.

Woods isnt worth it (particularly if the Dogs will shed players). His form has been ordinary since Origin

Tedesco will be worth the money.

Munted

Bench
We've been trying to save face all year. The time has come to stop the games, draw the line in the sand and move on with getting our house in order. If they go, they go. It's a loss, and a shame, but done is done and we will no longer have to deal with Moses as a manager.
Is this Moses merkin the problem?
Seems like these managers are useless as tits on a bull and do nothing to contribute to the game other than filling their pockets.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
"big 4" posse.

Wasn't this 'big 4' just some lazy media tag created? Really it was 4 guys off contract trying to secure their future. No different to anyone else. It just had extra spice that they were managed by the same bloke and all at the same club and in pretty high demand.

How were any of these guys different to Jack Bird? If you want to have a crack at anyone, try the Kieran Foran sweepstakes. Flying all over the place trying to secure a new deal, 3 games into his Warriors career. That is something truly extraordinary.

Clifferd

Coach
Is this Moses merkin the problem?
Seems like these managers are useless as tits on a bull and do nothing to contribute to the game other than filling their pockets.

I have no doubt in my mind Isaac Moses is the problem out of all this.

There was an article last year saying a player manager was trying to hold a club to ransom for god knows why and it's rumoured to be Moses with the Tigers. There's a reason why Roosters (except for a one in a generation player like Tedesco) and many other clubs don't like dealing with him. He's a greedy prick

Clifferd

Coach
Wasn't this 'big 4' just some lazy media tag created? Really it was 4 guys off contract trying to secure their future. No different to anyone else.

Yeh just media dribble. For some reason the rugby league public seem to think the players them selves gave them that self entitlement

wibble

Bench

Exactly.

The Tigers problems run a lot deeper than if they have a star fullback or not. It is a shame for them (and for him, not being a 1 club player removes some shine from a player's legacy IMHO), but they'll have to do what every other club has to when they lose a player, and find a replacement.

If the team knows Cleary is in charge, and they can unlock some long term potential from Brooks, and fill in the gaps in the roster (they need more high quality players across the board, rather than a few super stars), they can turn thing around. Cleary has shown he can do it in the past, and he is starting well at the Tigers too, in my opinion.

It is painful for fans of a club when they go through these times, but for a neutral, I will get joy from watching them pull themselves up with hard work and clever decisions. It is part of sport, watching players, coaches, and teams grow, and I think the Tigers will grow and add a lot to the NRL under Cleary.