What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you.....

Chimp

Juniors
Bit bored waiting for the 9's to kick off, and was thinking about our squad and how I'd not swap certain people for anyone in the game, some because of the specific role/impact they have at the club, some sentimental and some as I think they're future stars. So here's a hypothetical question just for the sake of it...

If you could, would you swap any of the following? And if so, who for?

Holmes
Bird
Maloney
Fifita
Wade
Gal
Flanno

My personal view is that only Wade and maybe Maloney would I even consider - but both play a huge part in our culture so I'd probably stick - Think Id keep Jimmy even with the option of a Thurston or Cronk - he's proven to consistently deliver the business, is a top fella to have around and still has a fair few years in the legs.
Wade is probably more replaceable for me, certainly on talent with quite a few I'd pick on talent ahead of him, but I think he'd still be safe because he's already a leader of our team, plenty of experience but still got plenty of miles in the tank, could have another 8 years.

Thoughts? Any others in our team who you'd find irreplaceable?

bluefox1968

Juniors
What I noticed last year is that Jimmy loves to have Wade as a 'go-to man' for the short ball on the left side. I think the plan with that is to open up the spaces until he can then go to Loots or Feki.

That's all fine, but I reckon a lot of second-rowers could fill that bill, and maybe be even more dangerous, as Wade rarely breaks through! Gavin Cooper, for example, does a far better job (esp. against us)...

Wades just job is to tie up 3 defenders on the left. Does it every time because he is so dangerous. He also has a rare skill running backwards forwards fast. Absolutely collapses the defensive line. None better