What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wraps/Belts etc.

dogslife

Coach
Perhaps you should have quantified what you were saying rather than just making generalisations like wrist straps are a cop out. Maybe they aren't much use if you're entering yourself in a competition, but I don't recall the OP ever saying he's looking to be the next powerlifting champion of the world. I for one don't think they're a cop out, but then again I don't really classify myself as a weightlifter.

A true sign of an intellectual lightweight are the personal insults, you've outed yourself in that regard. And just FYI, I've never once had a spotter in the gym. Thanks for your opinions on the matter though sport.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Perhaps you should have quantified what you were saying rather than just making generalisations like wrist straps are a cop out. Maybe they aren't much use if you're entering yourself in a competition, but I don't recall the OP ever saying he's looking to be the next powerlifting champion of the world. I for one don't think they're a cop out, but then again I don't really classify myself as a weightlifter.

A true sign of an intellectual lightweight are the personal insults, you've outed yourself in that regard. And just FYI, I've never once had a spotter in the gym. Thanks for your opinions on the matter though sport.

I stand by my opinion on wrist straps without hesitation - whether Powerlifting or not.

I'd say the true sign of an intellectual lightweight is someone who comments on intellectual weight in a discussion such as this. It's also a sign of insecurity. Further, there was no insult, just a comment on my perceptions of the type of trainer that you probably are. Again, no need to be so insecure. But if I am wrong that is my mistake entirely, simply for being presumptuous, but despite what you say I doubt I'm wrong in this instance.

dogslife

Coach
I'm glad you're so worldly you can make assumptions about the sort of person I am having never met me. And assume that I'm some sort of egotist who only lifts weights so I can gloat to my mates about how strong I am. If that's not condescending then I'm missing something. But it's evident that my opinion is completely invalid in this matter, so I'll leave you to being the LU resident personal trainer

Cliffhanger

Coach
The health and fitness forum is a place of love people. I mean mostly self love, but love none the less.

Latest posts