What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestle Kingdom 11

One of my mates went along, I was gutted I couldnt go but we are planning on heading over for a G1 card later this year.

He too says the Omega/Okada bout was amazing.

Cant wait to check it out when it becomes available here in China.

Big Pete

Referee
You're not alone chief, Meltzer considers it the best match he's ever seen. Then again, he is a huge Okada mark so it's not that surprising.

My net is awful, so there's still a ton of undercard matches I need to watch but I did catch Naito/Tanahashi & Okada/Omega.

I've been watching a lot of Naito and Tanahashi recently and the match didn't hold up well. The issue I had is that the story going in is that Tanahashi had a disappointing year and was looking to make ammends by starting fresh. So he debuted a new entrance theme and attire but then proceeded to work the same style of match. Win the early exchanges, lose the advantage only to hit a Dragon Screw and start spamming High Fly Flows and Sling Blades like it's WWE SmackDown. Outside of Naito turning the tables on Tanahashi and the finish, the match didn't really stand out as anything spectacular.

Okada-Omega was sort of strange. The opening twenty minutes or so felt completely disconnected to the rest of the match and it just felt really self conscious. There were some great transitions right at the death but I didn't think they really told much of a story. To me, it was basically the same match we've seen from Okada at the Dome these past few years.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Explains why they've gone straight into a suzuki-gun/chaos fued at new year's dash.

Hopefully he's just taking a rest but the offer from Vince might have finally been too good to refuse. If he is going to WWE let's hope he heads to smackdown.

Speculation is that he has said this to keep his name out there while Fantasticamania is held in Japan, with the focus on the Mexican stars who come in from CMLL.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Cena just posted a pic of omega up on his Twitter.

Could be a tip of the hat for his performance, or maybe Johns just trolling :joy:

Patorick

Staff member
Have watched it twice.

So so good.

About to watch the Naito match again.

That was simply incredible. A perfect match. Perfect build. Perfect execution. No f**k ups. No over the top finisher-a-thons. Awesome spots. Awesome selling. Great psychology. Just perfect.

Omega and Okada have redefined what a 5 star match should be.