What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestlers you hate that others like

Tigers1986

Juniors
In contrast to the other thread (ones you like that others hate), I thought I'd start this one off.

For mine, Dean Ambrose. Absolutely hate him. Pathetic character that is a Pullman wannabe. Overbooked, overpushed, never really got the appeal of the Shield's third wheel.

Dean Ambrose, the guy has never taken it to the next level. His matches are okay yet in every other aspect of the game he seems like he doesn't give a shit. I'd even go as far to say I would prefer Roman to be world champion ahead of him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Revival

I don't get it. So meh, imo.

Chavo Guerrero

He was never bad - I just never liked him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dean Ambrose, the guy has never taken it to the next level. His matches are okay yet in every other aspect of the game he seems like he doesn't give a shit. I'd even go as far to say I would prefer Roman to be world champion ahead of him.

Off topic, but I don't mind Reigns, tbh.

He's good at what he does, and his matches with Strowman have been good.

Iafeta

Referee
Davey Boy. Even as a British Bulldog, he seemed very well built but other than that I don't think he offered much.

Mils Mascaras. Old school folk love him to death. He was a stiff shot merchant who couldn't care less about his opponent. Absolutely refused to sell or job.

Bruiser Brody. Another stiff shot merchant. He brought a lot of energy and it seemed real I guess but I don't think he's as great as he's made out. I think marks think back on him in a golden hue because of how he was killed. He often just wouldn't do business. God rest his soul.

Barry Windham. Admittedly I didn't see much of his initial NWA run. Marks say he was the next big thing. I think they see him as an equivalent to Hogan but he's nowhere near it. Not even close.

Rugged Ronnie Garbage. Absolutely awful. How did this chump get an NWA World Title?

Jimmy Snuka. The dive off the top of the cage was awesome. But I really didn't think much of the rest of his time. Maybe I'm sleighted a bit knowing what it seems he got away with.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ambrose bores me these days. He's so dumbed down. How many times does he have to come out and mention he's not normal? Exposition much? Oh...and that stupid fake fall clothesline bullshit.

Sammy Zayn. About as vanilla as a wrestler can be.

Finn Balor. Great entrance, little else. Hate his moveset.

Steiner Brothers. Never cared, never understood why others did. Although Scott did become hilarious once we completely lost it.

Honky Tonk Man. So boring.

Dusty Rhodes. Don't hate the man, but never found him interesting as a character.

Ditto Sgt Slaughter.

Bell to bell Reigns is okay, he has been horribly mismanaged though. The fact they just pretend he isn't getting nuclear X-Pac heat (muting the crowd) where ever he goes is ridiculous. It's sort of like Cena 10 years ago now, all WWE fans believe everything wrong with the company at the moment will be fixed by turning him heel, so he's going to get booed for the sake of who he is, but I think they can adjust something to get him out of the hole they dug for him. It is closing in on 12 months since he last held the world title, so it's not like he's over exposed..

Valheru

Coach
I wouldn't say I hated him but I never liked him anywhere near as much as everyone else seemed to.

Bret Hart.

An excellent worker but nowhere near GOAT IMO. I know most disagree with me.

His qualities as a person don't help either.

I never really got in to Roddy Piper either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wouldn't say I hated him but I never liked him anywhere near as much as everyone else seemed to.

Bret Hart.

An excellent worker but nowhere near GOAT IMO. I know most disagree with me.

His qualities as a person don't help either.

I never really got in to Roddy Piper either.

I actually agree with you.

I know it's the unpopular opinion, but how can I rate Bret Hart the GOAT ahead of the likes of Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, SCSA, The Rock, Steamboat, Flair, Hogan, etc.

Hart was great in the ring, but had little charisma, and that played against him.

For my money, Jericho is the GOAT in the big leagues. He's the complete package.

azzah72

Bench
Finn Balor and Nakamura equally.

I find them completely boring and no fun to watch.

Everyone raves about Nakamura's match with zayn (who I do like), I found it pretty uneventful.

Same with Balor, shit move set and no personality, I don't even much like his demon stuff either, kinda tacky.

I actually agree with you.

I know it's the unpopular opinion, but how can I rate Bret Hart the GOAT ahead of the likes of Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, SCSA, The Rock, Steamboat, Flair, Hogan, etc.

Hart was great in the ring, but had little charisma, and that played against him.

For my money, Jericho is the GOAT in the big leagues. He's the complete package.

Jericho is the GOAT when it comes to character work, the way he can reinvent his character consistently, and keep himself fresh for so long is insane. Even in the era of cheering heels, he can still maintain a certain level of heat.

In terms of being the total package, the GOAT for me will always be Kurt Angle. Brilliant in the ring technically, yet can still perform a picture perfect moonsault, insanely charismatic, can go face or heel. He had it all, and the speed in which he mastered the craft will probably never be replicated.

Parra Pride

Coach

The only thing really wrong with Reigns is the stupid booking WWE have going. They try to play him off as some underdog who overcomes against the odds, yet he very rarely loses cleanly. His most recent clean loss is simply to build up a guy to be fed to Lesnar, who will then be fed to Roman at Mania.

Iafeta

Referee
Jericho is the GOAT when it comes to character work, the way he can reinvent his character consistently, and keep himself fresh for so long is insane. Even in the era of cheering heels, he can still maintain a certain level of heat.

In terms of being the total package, the GOAT for me will always be Kurt Angle. Brilliant in the ring technically, yet can still perform a picture perfect moonsault, insanely charismatic, can go face or heel. He had it all, and the speed in which he mastered the craft will probably never be replicated.

Just makes me hate on Kevin Nash more. Telling Goldberg to not get involved with the vanilla midget when clearly Jericho was playing a brilliant comic heel. Goldberg could have ran riot with Jericho and the rub would have still made him a star. Instead no we must make sure Goldberg has none of it and book him in such stellar semi main events like Goldberg v 10 members of the NWO in a match that means nothing so we can keep Hulk drawing at the top, and of course the coup de gras not have the World Champion on several PPVs of that year just in case he gets more popular than Hulk and his boys.

The more I think about it, the more Kevin Nash and Hogan totally ripped WCW limb for limb in 1998. Idiots. End result? The house takings decreased, the PPV buy rates descended to hell, and their own personal earnings dropped. Genius.

Lol therefore can I add Hogan and Nash to my list.

As for Bret, I've stuck up for him on countless occasions. And whilst the idea of him being a subservient lackey to Hogan was a disgrace, it's quite clear he's phoning it in in WCW. Bret, if you are the best there is, was, and ever will be, you should have performed significantly better. Your highlights should be more than the Kemper Arena with Benoit, the Toronto show down with Goldberg and calling El Dandy a jam up guy.

Bret has a serious problem with kayfabe, his best run was when the lines were blurred re: his real life feud with Michaels, yet has major issues with the fans turning on him and the WWF's transition to 'Attitude'.

Bret has turned into a rather bitter old man - I get the issues he was with the company over the death of Owen, but being pushed out of the company at the backend of '97 had major financial plusses for him. And he definitely blames the company for the end of his career, but its wrestling man, shit happens, you get injured from time to time. How about how his brother almost ended the biggest star of all time's career by dropping him on his neck and didnt even bother to call him afterwards. I know Bret mentions that Owen was incredibly upset at this in his book, but if Austin got over that, surely Bret shuld employ the same logic and move on from his bitterness. f**k, I thought this was addressed with the Hall of Fame, subsequent legends deal and his run with Vince back in 2010...then he comes out and shits all over the company again.

Agree, hes a bit of a wanker.

Valheru

Coach
RE: Bret - the business passed him in late 97/98, it's as simple as that. The industry was going in a new direction and he was unable to or unwilling to adapt. That doesn't happen to the true greats.

There is an argument to be made that the same thing happened to SCSA in 2002, which like 97/98, was a transitional period for the business and he just wasn't willing or able to adapt.

The key difference between the two is that Bret, to this day, has not accepted that fact. SCSA seems to have accepted the circumstances surrounding his retirement and continued to contribute to the business over the years.

Latest posts