What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Podcasts

Iafeta

Referee
Apparently Eric Bischoff is back with 83 weeks.

Wonder how many times he will utter...

- Vince was just too powerful/did things better
- It’s a popular narrative but it doesn’t do things justice
- You know, I don’t really remember, it may well have been
- It’s hard to remember everything from 20 years ago
- I wish I could tell you more but I honestly just don’t remember

Apparently Eric Bischoff is back with 83 weeks.

Wonder how many times he will utter...

- Vince was just too powerful/did things better
- It’s a popular narrative but it doesn’t do things justice
- You know, I don’t really remember, it may well have been
- It’s hard to remember everything from 20 years ago
- I wish I could tell you more but I honestly just don’t remember
Yeah totally true about 83 weeks

He puts himself over so much imo and buries his bookers

Been listening to it at work after hearing the talk is Jericho response

Conrad is awesome

Eric was telling everyone how he didn't steal stars then goes on to say he didn't watch WWF

Conrad asks him about stealing Hogan and Eric replies Verne made him a star

Conrad destroys him in quick order and it's just hilarious

So my line up at the moment is 83 weeks, Talk is Jericho and the Steve Austin show

Although if I have to hear about Steve selling knives, Jericho and DDP yoga or motherf**king Bischoff and blue chew I think I'll do myself in

toomuchsoup

Juniors
The Store Horsemen podcast

Hilarious!

It’s a bunch of comedians from the LA Comedy Store riffing and talking wreslting

Some great Vince impressions

Fuuuck. That will be awesome. Jealous

Yeh it was really good. You can tell how much of a natural Prichard is, classic. Sold out the gramercy theatre which is reasonably impressive. The list of guests was pretty awesome as well - Joel gartner, Charlotte, mark Henry, JBL, Brian gerwertz (sp?) and curt Hawkins. It was only a 2pm show but JBL seemed smashed/on the gear. At one point he got the crowd chanting ‘drugs drugs drugs’ :joy:

Only negative was the crowd. Americans...seriously, there were at least five guys that were shouting random shit the whole time trying to get the guys on stage to respond to them. Seriously shut the f**k up, don’t pay for tickets to listen to your dumb shit!

Iafeta

Referee
I have a feeling Bischoffs ability to tell self serving bollocks is compromised by the new Nitrobook. The last few episodes he hasn’t been fapping so hard on himself.

I’m spending more time listening to the New Blood Podcast. This season they’re focusing on WCW from Sting to Hogan. Good stuff. Funny too. Also the New Generation Podcast. Was never a fan of this era of WWF but these lads did a great job bringing it to life.

For those who like old stories there’s two I’d recommend if I haven’t already. Booking the Territory, they focus on the NWA through the mid 80s. Also Pro Wrestling Only has a good selection to choose from. I’m currently listening along with them whilst watching WCCW on the network.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah totally true about 83 weeks

He puts himself over so much imo and buries his bookers

Been listening to it at work after hearing the talk is Jericho response

Conrad is awesome

Eric was telling everyone how he didn't steal stars then goes on to say he didn't watch WWF

Conrad asks him about stealing Hogan and Eric replies Verne made him a star

Conrad destroys him in quick order and it's just hilarious

So my line up at the moment is 83 weeks, Talk is Jericho and the Steve Austin show

Although if I have to hear about Steve selling knives, Jericho and DDP yoga or motherf**king Bischoff and blue chew I think I'll do myself in

I hate how Bischoff peddles the story that the Hall and Nash story had nothing to do with them being outside invaders from up north. He claims it was them being heels wanting to seek revenge on WCW for how they booked them as Oz and the Diamond Studd.

A, they never ever mention that. B, they start off saying they are here for a war because they’ve heard all the nonsense WCW has been peddling about this being where the big boys play.

Cmon Eric, their promos are continually about coming in to destroy WCW and they keep rocking out about billionaire Ted etc which was WWF promo material.

yeh i can't listen to bischoff. serial liar IMO.

i hate to say it but a similar reason to why i stopped listening to piper (RIP) and flair. always had a feeling that most of what they said was either exaggerated or straight out lies. wrestling podcasts take up too much of my life already...had to be picky with what i listen to haha

Iafeta

Referee
Got to give some credit to Bischoff. For the first time, he was detailed and articulate around the Sting fiasco at Starrcade 97.

I can see now why blame can be attributed to Sting as well. That said, the reasoning that he was untanned still irks. He arrived 6 hours before bell time. Surely they could have had him spray tanned in that time.

In fairness, there seems to be more to it than the common statement that he wasn’t even tanned.

anyone going to the pritchard show in oz in march? as someone thats been to the show in the US, can definitely recommend. genuinely funny guy with so many stories...even if he is a bit of a wwe shill

on the topic of shilling...i still think Keeping it 100 with disco/konnan is the best podcast out there. they have a great chemistry and always come up with a bunch of funny things each week. 10/10

Latest posts