What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF is happening at TFS?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I normally don't believe in cross forum debates but we seem to have built up a rapport with The Footy Show people - Roopy has done a lot to help out and imo, TFS has become a much better place thanks to the changes implemented by rleague... credit paid where credit is due.... Others like Meth/ Coop/ Evil Growler/ Everlovin Antichrist/ Rubicon plus many others have put in a sterling effort to get the place back on its feet.

IMO, TFS and LWOS has become something of kindred spirit of late

But a strange has happened.

For those who don't know, the old WORL management are gone.But a chap called Dale C has installed himself as sole manager.

Now Dale has spoken absolutely nothing about sport ... nor has he made any attempt to contribute to community discussion in a purposeful way.
Instead Dale has been busy deleting posts and threads and arguing legal points with concerned forummers. He's not winning much support.

So WTF is going on? Is there some attempt going to wreck the place or is it a simple matter that Dale is in way above his head?

I'm sure Oneye has a theory. Or maybe someone from TFS assistant management can shed some light on the subject.

L

legend

If memory serves me correctly, DaleC is an employee of ninemsn. He was installed as a manager of the old WORL site by ninemsn as I remember Moffo and myself lobbied him to contact channel nine to show the final of the 2000 RLWC live which they eventually did. I think Bebeto may have been involved in that as well. His full name is Dale Cohen if it is in fact him. It may be an impersonator though because as we have seen, there are plenty of those around and this person may be using the same tactic as the one Outlaw warned us of recently. As we are independent and hove no affiliation with ninemsn, we can pick and choose who we want to have as managers. No one can tell us who to appoint.

yeh mate, i vaguely remember that. Could well be an impersenator though,quite possiblyone of the people that Outlaw warned us of. I think that we should be very cautious about adding new managers or ass-managers at the moment.

Moffo

Guys- thanks for the sentiments.

DaleC is Dale Cohen- the same one you are thinking about.....I have recieved correspondence that proves, close to conclusively, his authenticity.

He has implemented rules with my counsel and consent. The acid test is how the rules are applied and enforced. If it changes the forum dramatically, we will look to shed the banner- I assure you of that.

I will admit to being disappointed in some members of the community in this less than ideal scenario. However the community has shown mongrel and resolve before and I'm sure the community, and it's links to LWOS, will remain intact.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Legend, like Meth said, he's no impersonator.

It does seem that he's there for something other than discussing Sport. Keeping an eye on his "product" I think is the term he used. I could wear that happily if he wasn't so bent on starting discussions about the bloody rules.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
I will add this:

I'd rather work through the problems with this guy than have to put up with the cancerous polyps on the anus of humanity that run WORL again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Meth:
I think I've cause a bit of the angst and thats the case, I apologise.
The problem with commercial sites is that potential exists for the company to be sued.Ibelieve that we live in a society where litigation is becoming more commonplace.

I understand that the St George Illawarra official site has removed certain Dragons forums from its links sections following complaints about kiddies claiming that were sleeping with certain players.Theclub told me that some forums are not well moderated and for that reason, they had to sever contacts. There has been a growing trend for organisations and businesses to keep a close eye on unregulated discussion groups - not because they want to sue anyone but more because they want to make sure that no one can sue them over what was being said.

Its pleasing to note that LWOS is considered a well moderated forum... moreover, this has been done without a carrying a big stick. Commonsense rather than common law being the main component.

Now... imo, TFS was well on the path of gaining a reputation as fantastic and well respected message board.
My reasons for stirring Dale up was because I thought he was acting unneccessarily and it looked like he was giving himself something to do. He was confronting a problem that didnt exist and if it ever did surface, it wasn't something that would be hard to deal with.

He was 'over engineering' his management of the forum.

IMO, hehas set himself on a collision course with forummers who are fundamentally interested in just having a good time. The more he spoke, the deeper in the hole he went. More than once I suggested that he just deal with forum matters on a day to day basis.... but sadly, this appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

Once again, my apologies for being the devil's advocate. Its really none of my business how Dale wants to run his TFS forum and equally, its entirely up the members to decide their own courses of action. Unless asked, you won't be hearing from me again on this issue.

Cheers and good luck. :)

Willow- any contribution you make on TFS on any matteris welcomed. I am an antagonist remember- I don't mind confrontation, debate or differing views. I am also in agreement with you on a number of points- I am really weighing upour options. Footy Showbanner or split....I'll wait until the dust settles until I make a decision, or at least prompt a decision to be made by the members of TFS. I am more than interested to see how Dale acts when things are back to normal. He actually seems decent and genuine enough.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
any contribution you make on TFS on any matteris welcomed.
Thanks for that Meth.... much appreciated.
Very wise to wait for the dust to settle as well. :)

C

CanadianSteve

I went to the link provided by Willow in post #1 here, and read some of the debate. Then I got reading another thread there about a deleted post about someone named Pam. It developed into a big argument between EA and Parralover along with other posters I didn't know. It became very bitter and childish, with both sides quitting or threatening to quit the site. This whole thing had nothing to do with this Dale C guy, but I think the forum may be in trouble if the members keep fighting as they were in the thread I read.

When the WORL/Footy Show split happened, I was worried that a bunch of immature posters were going to come here. After a few days I thought no, thry are adding some life to LWOS. Since then they have not been much in evidence on LWOS, and after looking at their site I think that's a good thing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Steve:
If this was a the political compass I would enter:
I strongly disagree ;)

The great thing about discussion groups is that we see diverse opinion and that sometimes leads to a broadening of the mind and in some cases, a complete change of opinion.
I know its happened to me.
The promotion of free discussion is the greatest strength of these forums.

But you know that already... I think...

C

CanadianSteve

I probably made comments that were too strong there. I have no control over who comes on here, and no business commenting on another site. It just struck me that I didn't like the tone of the one thread I read. Actually it did remind me of a big blowup we had here a month or two back between Gav on one side and some other members on the other side, who ended up leaving I think. I'm glad we don't have too much of that here, although once in a while it makes things interesting.

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Canadian Steve, you are a goose. There are people here that the TFS members respect, you just don't happen to be one of them.

Why are you so concerned with the level of debate a TFS? You aren't a member there.

I went to the link provided by Willow in post #1 here, and read some of the debate.

Some?

Then I got reading another thread there about a deleted post about someone named Pam.

Did you see the thread, do you understand that without seeing the original thread, the rest of the debate would be beyond you? Would you like your personal details posted?

It developed into a big argument between EA and Parralover along with other posters I didn't know.

Arguments are part and parcel of TFS. They have been since the day I started there. It's obvious that the feel of the site is something you cannot comprehend. I don't take a backward step in an argument, never have, never will. But if I'm wrong, I'll admit it and apologise.

It became very bitter and childish, with both sides quitting or threatening to quit the site.

Actually, that is not true. You must have misread....probably all of it.

This whole thing had nothing to do with this Dale C guy, but I think the forum may be in trouble if the members keep fighting as they were in the thread I read.

See, there's your problem, you took one look at one thread and made assumption based on that. Should someone base their opinion of LWOS on the Wheel of Fortune thread? Should we assume that LWOS is <u>all</u> fluff because of that?

When the WORL/Footy Show split happened, I was worried that a bunch of immature posters were going to come here.

You were worried? Are you that imtimidated?

After a few days I thought no, thry are adding some life to LWOS. Since then they have not been much in evidence on LWOS, and after looking at their site I think that's a good thing.

Yes, you are intimidated and you have good reason to be intimidated.

TFS is not LWOS, WORL or any other site, it is unique. If it was the same as LWOS what would be the point of existence? Some of the posters from TFS came here because they are capable of being in both communities and both communities interest them. TFS is also a much younger community, the average age would be 15 years younger than LWOS. IF you had bothered to read more than one thread you'd know that.

It's a good thing the Management here don't think the same way as you do. Are you related to Raging Bulldog?

I personally feel that LWOS is almost a big brother to TFS. We have a lot more in common with LWOS than we ever had with WORL. The senior guys from LWOS had a big hand in helping get the new TFS off the ground and everyone at TFS appreciates that.

Steve, stick your head up a Pig.

post 1 in this thread-

"Others like Meth/ Coop/ Evil Growler/ Everlovin Antichrist/ Rubicon plus many others have put in a sterling effort to get the place back on its feet"

Rubicon didn't do anything. He is a dickhead and I don't know why he is anAM.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"Should someone base their opinion of LWOS on the Wheel of Fortune thread? Should we assume that LWOS is <u>all</u> fluff because of that?"
Are you saying that Burgo is fluff? I'd be astounded if you could say that to the great man's face. ;)

Meth: This is really a dumb question and forgive me for not remembering, but arent you Rubicon?

C

CanadianSteve

EA: Actually I am a member of TFS, I just don't go on very much. I thought I had a couple of good ones in the Simpsons thread, though.

I pretty much said my view in post #13 here. All the best with your forum.

So there are no hard feelings, I'll give an example of one of your brilliant TFS posts so posters here may be attracted to your fine forum:

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr class=ThmBgAlternate> <td nowrap align=middle background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/mb/reply_bg.gif><a target=_top>Reply</a>
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 140 of 178 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Everlovin' Antichrist</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 12/11/2002 8:08 PM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Yes, I like this thread.

It should be re-entitled:

"What happens when you mix drugs and Bestial Necrophelia".

DoogyDo and ParraPlonker could be forced to post only in this thread so that the hazards of mixing Ajax snffing with Pet Cemetery Sex are obvious to newcomers
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Latest posts