What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF is happening at TFS?

imported_E_A__

Juniors
It's ok Steve, no need to keep confirming that you have no idea how TFS works.

It's to be expected though, Canadians are after all just pretend Yanks. eh?

Outlaw, didn't you post that one with Bruce Willis? The one about dumb people? That was bloody hilarious mate, next time you might consider posting something you've done instead of posting an something I've seen in 1/2 a dozen other comms.

Just one error in my previous posting, I did actually say I was going to quit the comm.

El Duque

Bench
Steve, did you read the entire thread you extracted ONE post from???

On it's own it may look a tad silly but it really isn't.

IMO, you're making yourself look incredibly stupid bycopying this ONE post.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There must be something wrong with me then because I thought EA's post was very funny... its the first time I've seen it. Up there with the genius of AliG and Norman Gunston. :):D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He certainly rubs a lot of people up the wrong way and
is sometimes offensive to some...I guess.

But imho, AliG is a pure poetry in humour...
I suppose things are sometimes seriousbut that's
usually because we want them to be...

C

CanadianSteve

Steve, did you read the entire thread you extracted ONE post from??? Yes,I did read the whole thread. Very enlightening. I just thought I'd paste a small sample of EA's work so others who like that kind of witty discussion might go see it for themselves. Think of it as cross-forum promotion.

Just so people don't think I'm singling out one poster only, here's a longer example of some of the smart repartee over there:

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr class=ThmBgAlternate> <td nowrap align=middle background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/mb/reply_bg.gif><a target=_top>Reply</a>
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 60 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: MelStar</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:07 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> What are you lot trying to say???

There was NO sensual unbottoning or unzipping thank you very much! I'll leave that to Konan. He is the expert after all. :p

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr class=ThmBgAlternate> <td nowrap align=middle background=http://sc.communities.msn.com/themes/pby/img/mb/reply_bg.gif><a target=_top>Reply</a>
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 61 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: coop</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:07 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> lol

Well, this is the way it should happen, give an opinion, have a bitch, have a whine, make some sense, make no sense. The end result is that it doesn't matter as long as threads like this get sidetracked , WORL gets bagged a few times and konan's immortal words once again come back and bite him on his Lime Green, Sikma driving arse.

:)
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 62 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: reggaeg</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:16 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Fair Enough Dale - we'll see what happens!
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 63 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Kill_the_Wabbit</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:17 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Mel, don't unbutton and don't unzip. Just rip the blouse from his petite body.
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 64 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: reggaeg</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:36 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> lol - try that again evilg, without the petite.....try solid,lol
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 65 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Kill_the_Wabbit</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 12:45 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Sorry Reggaeg, but I've already visualised you as such.
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 66 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: reggaeg</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 1:00 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Solid - just ask the ladies they know
c.gif
</td> <td width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Recommend </td> <td align=right>Message 67 of 71 in Discussion </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr class=ThmBgHighlightLight> <td width="100%" colspan=2> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap width="100%">From: Cookie Monster</td> <td nowrap>Sent: 28/11/2002 3:14 AM</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>

Nobodygoes to TFS to bag LWOS. Why? Respect! Plain and simple. Get off your high horse Steve and lighten up. Learn some humility.

However if your ego won't allow it, don't come to TFS. Then you have nothing to bitch about. Then again, you're the type that isn't happy till you have something to complain about. Keep up the good work mate. :)

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Willow, love AliG, have you seen the translata? http://www.webdez.net/alig/

Growler, this guy has problems, I'd reckon it's to do with Canadians bred-in inferiority complex.

Steve, the average age of TFS is probably 10 years or more less than LWOS. That means the "repartee" will be different to here. As for the "unbottoning" line, once again you're proving that you're no closer to understanding TFS otherwise you'd know that when that line was originally used, it was the single funniest thing I'd ever seen in an online community and I'm not alone.

Now, how about you take that flapping head
fetch.dll
of yours and put it where it belongs, up your personal Moose. Be thankful I haven't suggested coop come here and tear you a new arse for copying his posting, he's very touchy about that.
fetch.dll

imported_E_A__

Juniors
<tt>Willow, dig AliG, ave me Uncle Jamal seun da translata. Is it coz I is black? http://www.webdez.net/alig/
</tt><a target=_top>Growler, dis guy has problems, I'd reckon it's to do wif Canadians bred-in inferiority complex.
Steve, da average age hof TFS is probably 10 years or more less 'dan LWOS. dat means da " repartee? will be different house. As fer ?unbottoning? line, once again provin Jamal?re no closa to understandin TFS udderwise Uncle Jamal?d know whun dat line originally used, it was da single funniest thin I?d eva seun in an online community hand me is not alone.
Now, how about me Uncle Jamal take dat flappin head hof yours hand put it wear it belongs, up your personal Moose. Be 'dankful me aven't suggested coop come in da house hand tear me Uncle Jamal a new arse fer copyin his posting, he's well touchy about that. -- Translated by Da Ali G Translata </a>

C

CanadianSteve

I see now how these back and forth arguments get started. Why did I get myself into this? I should have left well enough alone. I'm glad i'm half a world away or maybe I would be "intimidated."

EA, you're right about the age gap being the key thing here. There may be other gaps too, but I'll leave it alone now.

I'll say this,I wish I was 15-20 years younger.;)

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Don't flatter yourself Steve by thinking the intellect is inferior either. TFS is based around having fun and the real sport talk often takes a back seat to that. TFS includes a lot of LWOS's members there, so they can see what you are obviously incapable of seeing.

You're arrogant and Canadian. You need to understand that being Canadian means you don't have anything to be arrogant about.

You're a pseudo intellectual and nothing more than an easy target with your innuendo, poor attempts at put downs (even your sarcasm sucks) and lack of sense of humour. Having no sense of humour puts you into the same category asmental giants like StGIllaman.

I defy anyone to insult you worse than that.

IMHO the two sites are looking very like they will fit together well.

The Footy Show site is a lot more light hearted, while LWOS is my pick of places for serious discussion.

It did look for a while as if this site would change in character as a result of a sudden influx of new blood, but the success of the new TFS setup has meant that has not happened. I see where Steve was coming from with that, and I share his relief that it didn't eventuate. I like TFS site for what it is, and I like LWOS for what it is, and they are both different. Some days I like to eat hamburgers, some days I like to eat steak sandwiches, both pretty good, but both a bit different.

I think people will choose for themselves where they want to post, and the two sites will benefit from having the choice available. I already put any light hearted thread on TFS site as a first preference, while keeping serious stuff for LWOS. The people who are only into light hearted banter will gravitate towards TFS, while all us crusty old buggers will end up here. I think a large percentage of people will do as I do and find they go to both sites for different reasons.

All in all, I see Steve's point, and I'm glad both sites have kept their own unique character.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes I have seen the translata, EA... I think you have to be seriously deranged to understand whats going on there.... I sometimes wonder what its like to be sane. :)

As for all the bitching... keep it up guys, its all par for the course really. While some get all stupid about it and take things too seriously, most will have a go at each other and (hopefully) forget about the next day.

When we started getting discussion from Steve in Canada, I thought it was one the best things that could happen for LWOS..I thought it could only bring a newperspective into our discussions. When we started getting discussion from TFS and WORL people, I thought again it was a great thing to happen.
Offcourse, some sort of conflict is inevitable but at the end of the day, we will all benefit from reading each other's viewpoints.

Y'know, it wasn't that long ago that I was getting posts deleted at WORL (NineMsn) for even mentioning LWOS. I was almost banned on some trumped upcharge of causing trouble when all I was doing was trying to promote interaction in the free world of the internet.
A minority of short-sighted, paranoid people in WORL were working hard to withold information from its members that another forum existed. It seemed that it was OK for Matt and other managers to know about LWOS and even contribute here but it was inappropiate for any other forummers to know. I still get hot under the collar whenever I think of how stupid this policy was.

Thankfully, and predictably, the barriers came down when WORL's Nine Msn Forum imploded in on itself and imo, a better situation now exists.

The current debate at TFS is connected to this because the new Footy Show manager, DaleC threatens to re-impose the old barriers and thats why I kicked up a fuss. I don't think it has as much to do with legal considerations as it does with someone trying look after their own patch. Hopefully Dale has now had his fingers sufficiently burnt and will be more considered in his future thoughts on forum management.

Roopy's right, the channels are now at last open between LWOS and TFS and the benefits are apparent to all.
Its up to all of us to keep the com lines open.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Antichrist - Re your post 28 and it'sordinary graphics:
That was bloody hilarious mate, next time you might consider posting something you've done instead of posting an something I've seen in 1/2 a dozen other comms.
Backatcha!

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Roopy, there's no dramas with me, apart from the way Steve says what he says. In trying to sound highbrow in comparison, he sounds like a dickhead. Just my opinion. I'm sure he's real interesting.

I like both comms and of course I understand that LWOS is more for serious discussion. Most of our regs know that too.

Willow, Dale will be too busy soon to give a toss. It could still be worse, MattO could still be in charge. I've emailed coop and asked him to ban MattO, for a laugh. :eek:

Outlaw, second prize is a night out withFlapping Head Steve and StGIllaman.Don't worry about bringing anything, the company will make you feel like you've overdosed on Valium. ;)

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
LOL Antichrist. You are a character mate.
But hey...take it easy on Steve mate. Damn good poster he is mate. Gives us that "Canadian" flavour. We should feel privaledged (sp)..

C

CanadianSteve

You need to understand that being Canadian means you don't have anything to be arrogant about. - Oh yeah? Let's start up an Ashes series in ice hockey.

lack of sense of humour - I maintain that my posts on the Simpsons thread, on The Footy Show no less, prove beyond any doubt that I do have a sense of humour.;)

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Try not to give yourself up mate. A manufactured sense of humour based on Waylon Smithers won't cut it.

Ice Hockey is a great T.V. sport.
emdgust.gif
Why are those guys in the American Footy padding and Hurling sticks all jumping on each other?

Where's the friggin' ball?

I do know that Ice Hockey is it in Canada though. Apart from that.....................zip. I think Curling is second.

sexy_horsie

Juniors
tfs sux lwos rox good on ya candian steve ur so rite tfs is sux
i h8 u tfs u no whho u r evilgrower melstar alex ali11.hi fat mike
i likw lwos u no who u r 2, ur my frends willow bronco