What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Australian Tour 2015 Thread

Swiftstylez

Bench
Creating this thread for anticipation and reactions.

As we move closer this is looking more like the final card:

----------

General Manager: Hulk Hogan

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

Champion vs Champion Match
John Cena vs Kevin Owens

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship Match
Ryback vs Luke Harper

Neville vs King Barrett

Emma and (Paige/Natalya) vs Brie Bella and Nikki Bella

R-Truth and Fandango vs Stardust and Adam Rose w/Rosa

Finn Balor vs Bo Dallas

----------

I'm potentially looking forward to this card the most out of any show since they started coming to Australia. I went to the last two years, in 2005 and I think 2007. My favorite current wrestlers are Ryback and Paige (also Jericho who I've met several times and seen wrestle twice) so I'm obviously happy but the whole card is amazing for a house show.

What does everyone think about the card and who are you looking forward to?

Last edited:

alien

Referee
i think it's awesome and i am looking forward to all the matches. i hope emma turns face again. i don't like her as much as a heel

Swiftstylez

Bench
The divas on the main roster don't really align as heels or faces. Vince's alleged reasoning was "there will be no heels or faces in the divas division, all the girls just hate each other". I don't find it particularly useful to be honest as you are basically having divas that would be considered as heels vsing each other and it confuses the crowd (E.G, Smackdown: Naomi W/ Tamina vs Alicia Fox W/ Bellas). What I'm seeing is that divas are changing from what you would consider a heel to face on a monthly basis. The Bellas are a prime example of this, acting face on commentary in their feud with Naomi for a few months and then playing the role of a heel just because Paige who is considered a face called them out.

I'm pretty sure Emma is still currently "viewed" as a face on the main roster and is a definite heel on NXT. She just needed a new gimmick really so whether that is heel or face that doesn't matter. I like hew new ring gear though.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Ticketek says Paige is coming, Dainty Group has Natalya instead. Let's hope that it is Paige. Seems like a ticket grab if they just advertise her for a few days and change their minds, lame.

QLiFKkS.jpg

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I'm pretty sure Emma is still currently "viewed" as a face on the main roster and is a definite heel on NXT. She just needed a new gimmick really so whether that is heel or face that doesn't matter. I like hew new ring gear though.

but she used to actually connect with the crowd. what is the new gimmick supposed to be??? she was already becoming one of the biggest divas on the main shows. now it's like meh

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
She connected with the crowd on NXT but wasn't given the proper opportunity on the main roster (went too far as a joke character with Santino and couldn't come up with anything afterwards) and now that gimmick is the dead in the water. She does currently have a new gimmick on NXT.

alien

Referee
She connected with the crowd on NXT but wasn't given the proper opportunity on the main roster (went too far as a joke character with Santino and couldn't come up with anything afterwards) and now that gimmick is the dead in the water. She does currently have a new gimmick on NXT.

Yeah her new gimmick just seems to be her being a heel. I agree that with her old gimmick, her silliness should have been toned down a bit, but not changed completely.

Swiftstylez

Bench
lol In terms of the tour she will probably be coming with her face gimmick, no doubt they will have developed her no further over the coming months. The official word is that Paige is still coming *touch wood*

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Man, I'm sad panda that WWE haven't come over to NZ since 2011 (I went every year between the first in Westpac Stadium 2006 and the last at Vector Arena 2011).

Oh well, at least I'll get to see Million Dollar Man at the Armageddon Expo here in Wellington in a couple of weeks.

Swiftstylez

Bench
At least they had a good run in nz lol

Back on emma, she debuted a fully remixed version of her original face song on nxt (2/7) which sounds pretty cool. Not just the intro to her theme that they had for a few weeks. Had a match vs carmella.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Emma with new ring gear as well as the new entrance actually. Ryback with australian tour update on main event confirming match against luke harper, i assume it will be shown on smackdown too

Sanchez

Coach
Man, I'm sad panda that WWE haven't come over to NZ since 2011 (I went every year between the first in Westpac Stadium 2006 and the last at Vector Arena 2011).

Oh well, at least I'll get to see Million Dollar Man at the Armageddon Expo here in Wellington in a couple of weeks.

Why dont they come to NZ anymore? They were well supported.

Swiftstylez

Bench
In my opinion they don't go to nz anymore because it would maximise profits.They cut back to 3 shows in Australia so half of Australia has to travel "long" distance for a show so theyd hope that the ones in NZ and elsewhere in Australia would make up the numbers in the 3 shows at the moment.

I say this because kiwis travel to things like soundwave who don't do new zealand and they have a similar amount of shows too. Brisbane, sydney and melbourne must be the most profitable at lowest costs hoping that those who want to go travel. Saves them money on more travel, wages and arenas.

It could also be that their schedule doesn't allow it anymore

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
According to Meltzer, if Brock's Suplex City shirt is any indication, Brock may work the Sydney show.