What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Fastlane

Bulldog Force

Referee
wwe_fast_lane_2015_poster_by_elprince_edition-d8fif87.jpg

Kickoff Pre-show
MizTV with Paul Heyman

#1 Contender's Match
Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns

WWE United States Title Match
John Cena vs. Rusev

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. The Usos

WWE Divas Title Match
Paige vs. Nikki Bella

Stardust vs. Goldust

Seth Rollins, Kane and Big Show vs. Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan and Ryback

triple-h-sting-fast-lane1-600x300.jpg

Confrontation
Sting and Triple H meet face-to-face in the ring

Matt23

Staff member
The interaction between Trips and Sting was good...out come the divas and it all turns to shit...

azzah72

Bench
Not watching but the show seems like the drizzling shits atm.

Nothing has looked like it's worth watching.

Matt23

Staff member
Other the Trips/Sting segment it has been rubbish

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
Good match between Rusev and Cena. I thought Cena had it won a couple of times

Matt23

Staff member
That would have looked better if it didn't have Vince's fingerprints all over it

Big Pete

Referee
More or less watched this in the background.

The opener was odd. I don't mind multi-men tag matches because they're fun little exhibition matches that gets everyone on the show and they're very easy to book except they found the one way to stuff it up by having the one guy who shouldn't be taking pins getting pinned by the one guy who shouldn't be getting them. If the heels had to win, then it should have been Rollins but really what should have happened was Orton coming out and helping the babyfaces score the win and get the night off on a positive note.

I think that match took a fair bit of steam out of that match and they weren't going to go along with the slower story-driven Rhodes match that had next to no heat going in which is a shame because it was perfectly fine.

I can't remember the exact order from there but it followed a similar theme. The heels won it less than spectacular fashion and the fans were fading out of the show more and more until they rushed out HHH and Sting which was everything people expected it to be. Look I get there's Sting fans and all he'd have to do is fart inside a WWE ring and we'd get people describing it as 'epic' but that segment was so cliche that Mis could have written it in his sleep. Sting enters, doesn't say a word, points to the Wrestlemania sign, fin. I mean, whatever, Sting in the WWE feels so tacked on there isn't a whole lot they can do then have the Bruce Jenner look alike pull that cryptic shit.

Similar deal with Wyatt except Bray still feels relevant and is entertaining.

If there was one title change they could have got away with, it was Dean Ambrose v Wade Barrett and of course they screw the pooch on that and give us another cop-out finish where the referee is getting more heat than the heel. The IC belt is basically dead but at least they strapped it onto Ambrose it'd have a chance to regain some credibility where as Barrett is just being booked into oblivion.

In fact, outside of a few segments, everything felt like filler until we got to Rusev/Cena. I can't vouch for match quality since I wasn't exactly giving it my full attention but they did everything right here. My only problem is that I know where it's leading and people are going to shit on it.

But not as much as Roman defeating Brock. I actually thought his match with Bryan was pretty good - Daniel once again proved that he's one of the best in the biz giving Roman his career match but I can't see the fans getting behind him against an ass-kicker like Brock, especially if Roman doesn't bust out any impressive high spots and just keeps spamming Brock with spear after spear.

Have I mentioned that the spear is the lamest WWE move ever? I hope the WWE are paying that flash in a pan Goldberg some royalties for passing his move on like a cheap whore.

An OK show but nothing great and things aren't looking too good heading into Mania.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
So what does Bryan do for Mania? A token match against Ziggler that has no story whatsoever.

What a waste of both of them. No idea what the WM line up will look like, but I may actually give it a miss this year. Simply not interested in any of the possible top matches, Sting included.

azzah72

Bench
I think Sheamus and Bryan have been on the cards for a while, but they may go with ziggles.

Sheamus is coming back a heel.

The matches have potential to be all decent, just nothing I "want" to see.

Think of the Card they had at their feet and they've completely blown it.

Lesnar vs. Bryan, WWE Championship
Taker vs. Sting
Orton vs. Rollins
Reigns vs. Rusev, US Title
Cena vs. Triple H

My card (scroll down and start from the bottom)

WWE World Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Daniel Bryan

The match books itself, I would have had Bryan beat Reigns, Reigns turns on Bryan after shaking his hand postmatch. The build would be Bryan has to overcome the injury odds to beat a superfit, superdominant Lesnar. Bryan to go over. Post match, Reigns comes down, cashes his newly won Money in the Bank case and the crowd is shitting themselves, however Brock Lesnar isnt finished just yet, he gets back into the ring and delivers three huge F-5s allowing Bryan to get the cover and overcome all odds again. Sets up a huge match for Summerslam as I'd have Bryan drop the belt to Reigns, with Roman to take on Lesnar at Summerslam (or if Brock doesnt re-sign, then Bryan himself in the rematch)

War Games
The Authority (Triple H, Sheamus, The Big Show, Kane) v CeNation (John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and ?)

Because why the f**k not? Its been faction shit the whole way through so why not end it with the best faction match stip ever created at the greatest pay per view in the business' history. Cena recruits the monster Ryback, gives Ziggler a shot, and initially a returning Sheamus. However, Sheamus turns on the CeNation on the final Raw ahead of the payperview joining the Authority, leaving them a man down. The rumours are rife who will replace Sheamus, if anyone. Standard WarGames stuff applies, although its in one ring (ala TNA), and the heels win the toss meaning they have the advantage. Ziggler and Sheamus start, with Triple H coming down next. Cena squares the odds, however Kane gives the advantage. Randy Orton's music hits, he's the mystery partner for the CeNation...but backstage we see that he's been knocked out and out though the curtain comes the Big Show and we are prematurely at 4 vs 2 (the look of dispair on Cena's face here is noted by commentary). Commentators confirm that Orton has been hospitalised with a broken jaw and will not be paricipating. Ryback is the final man and the match beyond begins. Its brutal as shit as Triple H takes a knife out of his boot and cuts away at the mat and manages to grab a sledgehammer he has planted. He goes to put the final shot on Cena...lights go out...when they come back on, he's staring face to face with Sting, who is holding a bat. The CeNation eventually overcomes the odds, thanks to Sting, and beats the Authority once and for all. After the match the celebrations are huge, until we hear a gong. Lights go out again and the Undertaker is in the ring, chokeslam to Sting. Lights go back out, and he is nowhere to be seen. Sports entertainment the way it should be done!

Legends/Celebrity Grudge Match
WWE US Champion Rusev v Hulk Hogan (w/Sylvester Stalone and Mr. T)

Books itself, no explanation needed, the Hulkster to go over in this one and banish the evil Russian...for the time being.

Four Corners Tag Match - WWE Tag Team Championship
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (c) v Luke Harper and Eric Rowan v The Usos v MizDow

Here's your next peepee break. Quickfire 10minute tag match with the Usos teasing a heel turn, perhaps alligning themselves with a freshly turned Reigns at a later stage. Sandow to become Miz's partner again, being forced bac to work by his master, only to finally get his comeuppance during the match too. Harper and Rowan get the win, after which Bray Wyatt appears on the entrance way and they return to his "family". Sets up a Wyatt/Cesaro fued in the future.

WWE Nxt Championship - No Holds Barred
Kevin Owens (c) v Sami Zayn

Its the NXT showcase. Basic storyline from programming we already know. However after the success of the shows on the WWE Network, Regal has been given the chance to show the rest of the world what they've been missing (also a great time to plug two guys who will be on the roster very soon, as well as show a package beforehand of other up and coming talent: Balor, Kenta, Callahan etc, as well as pimp the network in general). Owens to go over in a nice 15min brawl.

WWE Divas Championship
Natalya (w/Bret Hart) (c) v Charlotte (w/Ric Flair)

Your first piss break match will be short and sweet, but not that bad. Standard divas match with some girls who can actually go, with the added story that both went to their families for advice ahead of the match. Some cool Flair/Hart interactions before the match in promos, as well as during. Imagine the psycho Flair v bitter Bret stuff, it'd be a fun trip down nostelgia way and a cool way to get the girls over. Charlotte to go over here playing the heel.

Grudge Match - Special Guest Referee Dusty Rhodes
Goldust v Stardust

After the first match being such a firecracker, filled with all the indy spots and all the chain wrestling we all know and love, lets get back to some WWE style stuff. Brother vs brother and I think the fued still has legs, have Dusty call this one, with both brother trying to court their father, Stardust for influence, Goldust to keep in down the middle. Goldust plays the noble, wiser older brother in this one, Stardust the whiney, bitchy little brother. It's Bret vs Owen sorta stuff. No need for a screwey finish, and I'd have Stardust go over clean, with a roll up.

Triple Threat Match for Money In The Bank Case
Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose v Roman Reigns

Yep I'd start with it. 1) It'd get the crowd hype 2) It'd add intrigue as to whether or not they'll decide to go with Reigns afterall. Its the match we never got to see, the Shield 3-way. Awesomeness Im sure. Anyway Seth has his briefcase, Ambrose is the iC champ after beating Barrett at Fastland and Reigns turned on Bryan after losing to him at Fastlane, attacking him during postmatch celebrations. Demanding a chance, Triple H sees this as a great way to hedge his bets should Rollins not be able to get the job done (though theres no indication that Reigns has joined the Authority at all). Reigns to go over (much to the crowds disgust) in a 25minute barn burner.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
My card (scroll down and start from the bottom)

WWE World Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Daniel Bryan

The match books itself, I would have had Bryan beat Reigns, Reigns turns on Bryan after shaking his hand postmatch. The build would be Bryan has to overcome the injury odds to beat a superfit, superdominant Lesnar. Bryan to go over. Post match, Reigns comes down, cashes his newly won Money in the Bank case and the crowd is shitting themselves, however Brock Lesnar isnt finished just yet, he gets back into the ring and delivers three huge F-5s allowing Bryan to get the cover and overcome all odds again. Sets up a huge match for Summerslam as I'd have Bryan drop the belt to Reigns, with Roman to take on Lesnar at Summerslam (or if Brock doesnt re-sign, then Bryan himself in the rematch)

War Games
The Authority (Triple H, Sheamus, The Big Show, Kane) v CeNation (John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and ?)

Because why the f**k not? Its been faction shit the whole way through so why not end it with the best faction match stip ever created at the greatest pay per view in the business' history. Cena recruits the monster Ryback, gives Ziggler a shot, and initially a returning Sheamus. However, Sheamus turns on the CeNation on the final Raw ahead of the payperview joining the Authority, leaving them a man down. The rumours are rife who will replace Sheamus, if anyone. Standard WarGames stuff applies, although its in one ring (ala TNA), and the heels win the toss meaning they have the advantage. Ziggler and Sheamus start, with Triple H coming down next. Cena squares the odds, however Kane gives the advantage. Randy Orton's music hits, he's the mystery partner for the CeNation...but backstage we see that he's been knocked out and out though the curtain comes the Big Show and we are prematurely at 4 vs 2 (the look of dispair on Cena's face here is noted by commentary). Commentators confirm that Orton has been hospitalised with a broken jaw and will not be paricipating. Ryback is the final man and the match beyond begins. Its brutal as shit as Triple H takes a knife out of his boot and cuts away at the mat and manages to grab a sledgehammer he has planted. He goes to put the final shot on Cena...lights go out...when they come back on, he's staring face to face with Sting, who is holding a bat. The CeNation eventually overcomes the odds, thanks to Sting, and beats the Authority once and for all. After the match the celebrations are huge, until we hear a gong. Lights go out again and the Undertaker is in the ring, chokeslam to Sting. Lights go back out, and he is nowhere to be seen. Sports entertainment the way it should be done!

Legends/Celebrity Grudge Match
WWE US Champion Rusev v Hulk Hogan (w/Sylvester Stalone and Mr. T)

Books itself, no explanation needed, the Hulkster to go over in this one and banish the evil Russian...for the time being.

Four Corners Tag Match - WWE Tag Team Championship
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (c) v Luke Harper and Eric Rowan v The Usos v MizDow

Here's your next peepee break. Quickfire 10minute tag match with the Usos teasing a heel turn, perhaps alligning themselves with a freshly turned Reigns at a later stage. Sandow to become Miz's partner again, being forced bac to work by his master, only to finally get his comeuppance during the match too. Harper and Rowan get the win, after which Bray Wyatt appears on the entrance way and they return to his "family". Sets up a Wyatt/Cesaro fued in the future.

WWE Nxt Championship - No Holds Barred
Kevin Owens (c) v Sami Zayn

Its the NXT showcase. Basic storyline from programming we already know. However after the success of the shows on the WWE Network, Regal has been given the chance to show the rest of the world what they've been missing (also a great time to plug two guys who will be on the roster very soon, as well as show a package beforehand of other up and coming talent: Balor, Kenta, Callahan etc, as well as pimp the network in general). Owens to go over in a nice 15min brawl.

WWE Divas Championship
Natalya (w/Bret Hart) (c) v Charlotte (w/Ric Flair)

Your first piss break match will be short and sweet, but not that bad. Standard divas match with some girls who can actually go, with the added story that both went to their families for advice ahead of the match. Some cool Flair/Hart interactions before the match in promos, as well as during. Imagine the psycho Flair v bitter Bret stuff, it'd be a fun trip down nostelgia way and a cool way to get the girls over. Charlotte to go over here playing the heel.

Grudge Match - Special Guest Referee Dusty Rhodes
Goldust v Stardust

After the first match being such a firecracker, filled with all the indy spots and all the chain wrestling we all know and love, lets get back to some WWE style stuff. Brother vs brother and I think the fued still has legs, have Dusty call this one, with both brother trying to court their father, Stardust for influence, Goldust to keep in down the middle. Goldust plays the noble, wiser older brother in this one, Stardust the whiney, bitchy little brother. It's Bret vs Owen sorta stuff. No need for a screwey finish, and I'd have Stardust go over clean, with a roll up.

Triple Threat Match for Money In The Bank Case
Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose v Roman Reigns

Yep I'd start with it. 1) It'd get the crowd hype 2) It'd add intrigue as to whether or not they'll decide to go with Reigns afterall. Its the match we never got to see, the Shield 3-way. Awesomeness Im sure. Anyway Seth has his briefcase, Ambrose is the iC champ after beating Barrett at Fastland and Reigns turned on Bryan after losing to him at Fastlane, attacking him during postmatch celebrations. Demanding a chance, Triple H sees this as a great way to hedge his bets should Rollins not be able to get the job done (though theres no indication that Reigns has joined the Authority at all). Reigns to go over (much to the crowds disgust) in a 25minute barn burner.

needs more bray wyatt!!!

ps rusev crush john cena's nuts

Bulldog Force

Referee
All I can say about that PPV is... What a f**ken shit show to replace Elimination Chamber with. Absolute boring snorefest.