What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Hall Of Fame 2015

I want to see jobbers get recognition. Mario Mancini, Dave Barbie, Iron Mike Sharpe, Mr X, The Spoiler, Joe Mirto, Barry O.

They were instrumental in the 1980s for getting heels / faces over.

They did with the Bushwhackers bro

Maybe as the 123 kid? More likely as part of DX though

Not with that sex video him and Chyna will never get in

This should make up for the Bushwhackers if true. I know they had a good run as the Sheepherders, but the Bushwhackers were essentially jobbers in the WWF.

Every time they induct someone like the Bushwhackers or Koko B. Ware it diminishes the stature of the HOF. I can honestly see Barry Horowitz or Steve Lombardi going in at some point which would be awful.

The HOF is supposed to represent exceptional careers, people who rose above their peers and achieved excellence, not for careers of long running mediocrity.

The Bushwhackers may have NOT won anything significant in WWE. But won everything else outside it. With 40 years in the business they never had one mishap always turned up on time. They were quite reliable and liked as comic relief and great with the kids.

This is cool for NZ Fans especially from the 80s and 90s like myself

Chur Bushwhackers

alien

Referee
so at the start of the news about the bushwackers they had didgeridoo sounds and later the said they were from "down under". do they realize new zealand isnt a state of australia??? lol

Iafeta

Referee
Will she drop the Womens Title in the trash on HOF night?

The irony of all that as WCW couldn't give a flying turd about womens wrestling. What'd she wrestle, 3 PPV matches? And then she basically sat with Lanny Poffo for a couple of years.

Big Pete

Referee
That's right but it didn't stop WCW from putting together a fairly impressive line-up of women/joshis to do absolutely nothing with.

They even put together a WCW Women's Championship tournament where the finalists would meet at Starrcade 1996 but really didn't bother to follow it up.

Madusa seemingly disappeared until she resurfaced in 1999 with Team Madness. When Savage had enough with Hogan's BS, Madusa found herself with perrenial Saturday Night worker, Evan Karaigis, at which point she was pushed as his 'Chyna' and ended up winning the WCW Cruiserweight Championship in a low point for the company.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
That's right but it didn't stop WCW from putting together a fairly impressive line-up of women/joshis to do absolutely nothing with.

They even put together a WCW Women's Championship tournament where the finalists would meet at Starrcade 1996 but really didn't bother to follow it up.

Madusa seemingly disappeared until she resurfaced in 1999 with Team Madness. When Savage had enough with Hogan's BS, Madusa found herself with perrenial Saturday Night worker, Evan Karaigis, at which point she was pushed as his 'Chyna' and ended up winning the WCW Cruiserweight Championship in a low point for the company.

Low point? Compared to Vince Russo and David Arquette being Heavyweight Champions and Judy Bagwell being tag champ, an actual wrestler holding a belt should be considered a high point in WCW in that period.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Nice to see Zbyzsko and Fujinami go in. Although its strange that Giant Baba hasn't gone in before Fujinami.

Would like to see Genichiro Tenryu go in at some point too. His case should be strengthened by the fact he has performed for the WWF.

eh its a hall of fame for a fake sport, accept and enjoy it for what it is. A celebration of the past. I think they generally do a good job at this. Pro wrestling isnt just about the main event, people tend to forget its a work and having a strong undercard is very important in ensuring the flow of the show is built right leading into the main event.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
eh its a hall of fame for a fake sport, accept and enjoy it for what it is. A celebration of the past. I think they generally do a good job at this. Pro wrestling isnt just about the main event, people tend to forget its a work and having a strong undercard is very important in ensuring the flow of the show is built right leading into the main event.

I agree to an extent but pro wrestling is only watched because they create a perception of legitimacy. They constantly present how important the world championship is and therefore people are willing to suspend their disbelief and believe it matters.

Many people agree that WCW's heavyweight championship lost its perception of being important after the fingerpoke of doom and Vince Russo & David Arquette's reigns. This in turn meant less people cared about it and in turn the company it was a symbol of.

The Hall of Fame is billed as the place where legends of pro wrestling are honoured. Everytime they enter someone who is not perceived to be of a high calibre it loses a bit of it's credibility. I understand it's become a regular fixture, and they need to induct people every year, but if they want the fans to take it seriously they need to stop inducting people who have not been perceived to have important careers.

Iafeta

Referee
Good to see Zbysko get honoured. Even as a commentator he was over. It was awesome at the top of a show, they'd start with the commentators discussing some nWo rubbish, and the Larry chant would go up and he'd have to turn and bow to them to a massive roar.

I remember him doing a shoot on Jericho being too short to be a champion when Zbysko was in World Wrestling Allstars...despite Zbysko himself being a couple inches shorter haha

Hoggmaster

Juniors
And the list is rounded out with Kevin Nash. Strange he's being inducted as Nash whereas Scott Hall was inducted as Razor Ramon.

Think Nash's induction gives the list a bit more star power as, with the exception of Savage and Fujinami (and a lot of casual fans would struggle with Fujinami), none of the current inductees were truly main event draws for an extensive period of time.