What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Network

DB

First Grade
I've heard roughly 1gb per hour of watching... So a PPV would be 3 or so gbs

Bulldog Force

Referee
I've heard roughly 1gb per hour of watching... So a PPV would be 3 or so gbs

Yeah should be around that area. I'm not sure if you can set quality on it if you're watching it on a pad or what have you - that might be something to look into as well.

They keep going on about how it's just $9.99 - what they don't say is how much it'll cost you in data!

Parra Pride

Coach
Yeah should be around that area. I'm not sure if you can set quality on it if you're watching it on a pad or what have you - that might be something to look into as well.

They keep going on about how it's just $9.99 - what they don't say is how much it'll cost you in data!

Data will only cost you if you are stupid enough to go over your monthly usage, and your provider charges for any excess usage. It's hardly the WWE's responsibility to make sure you pay attention to how much usage you are chewing through with it.

redvscotty

First Grade
That's like saying that there is no way to get movies, music etc. free and trying to include the charge of the internet in the price of a torrent.

Jesus you post some shit BF.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Data will only cost you if you are stupid enough to go over your monthly usage, and your provider charges for any excess usage. It's hardly the WWE's responsibility to make sure you pay attention to how much usage you are chewing through with it.

But that's just the thing, they keep saying $9.99, yet they have said that every PPV WWE has hosted is on there plus you get Raw, SmackDown, NXT, everything. It's not that it just costs you $9.99, but with all that content, some people are bound to go over.

I'm not sure if it still applies with the NRL, but there was that BigPond unmetered thing where visiting the NRL website and club websites would result in free data usage for Telstra customers.

I know it's obvious, just saying...

ggmu

Juniors
Just noticed you can get the wwe app on ps4. Which i think is better then watching on a tablet or pc, so im thinking about trying it out for a month or so to see if i like it. One question for those who have it, do they show replays of the pay per views? Im at work when they are on live and id assume you can watch it later, but as it the main reason ill be getting it, i want to be sure.

Valheru

Coach
So WWE has moved this service to Binge in Australia and at the same time ruined the very best product they have.

Binge currently has barely any content pre-2019. There is a reddit thread doing the rounds but long story short, Binge claim that what they currently have is what WWE have given them the rights to.

At this stage no territories, no WCW, no ECW, no docos and no WWE content prior to the last few years.

What a complete disaster.

They have done the same in the states with Peacock but it does have the full library so there is a glimmer of hope.

The current programming/PPVs are all available on Fox/kayo so why anyone would specifically sign up for Binge is beyond me, I reckon they would get a tonne of subscriptions if they hosted the full library.

As of right now there is no legal way for Australians to access that content.

Valheru

Coach
Update to the above, Binge are slowly getting all the old content there.

They now have a majority of WWE/F PPVs and nearly all Nitros

Still no raw/smackdown prior to 2021

Big Pete

Referee
You can look through the Binge website to see what they have available.

So far it appears they have every Nitro from 1995-1999 & 2001. For whatever reason they're missing 2000, I'm not sure if that year is missing from Peacock either.

They have Saturday Night from April 92 - February 94.

They also have all the Great American Bash PPVs.

There's plenty of content there but you'd want to wait until they at least upload all the PPVs and Clash of the Champions.

Thunder by and large was skippable until Russo took over in late 1999. They'd usually tape episodes back to back and usually it was right before the PPV so certain episodes feel more like a syndicated television show than a must-see B-show.

I don't think they'll ever provide the complete experience since WCW would build-up mid-card matches on Saturday Night and I can't see them uploading the rest of the episodes. At best they might upload every episode till 1997 when it went from the A-show to the B-show.

Valheru

Coach
You can look through the Binge website to see what they have available.

So far it appears they have every Nitro from 1995-1999 & 2001. For whatever reason they're missing 2000, I'm not sure if that year is missing from Peacock either.

They have Saturday Night from April 92 - February 94.

They also have all the Great American Bash PPVs.

There's plenty of content there but you'd want to wait until they at least upload all the PPVs and Clash of the Champions.

Thunder by and large was skippable until Russo took over in late 1999. They'd usually tape episodes back to back and usually it was right before the PPV so certain episodes feel more like a syndicated television show than a must-see B-show.

I don't think they'll ever provide the complete experience since WCW would build-up mid-card matches on Saturday Night and I can't see them uploading the rest of the episodes. At best they might upload every episode till 1997 when it went from the A-show to the B-show.
Only a few weeks ago they had 2001 as the sole entry for Nitro and then added the others sporadically. I expect 2000 will come soon (Peacock definitely has it)

I am not concerned about Thunder, as you have alluded to, it is skippable. They are still woefully short on WCW PPVs with only the GAB ones so far. There is also nothing from ECW at this point.

On the WWE/F side they have a good majority of the PPV library with the King of the Ring a notable exception. Others that come to mind that are missing are the No Mercy's and NXT prior to 2021 yet they have random one off's like fatal 4 way and great balls of fire. The biggest issue on the WWF/E side at the moment is the RAW/Smackdown/WWEECW/NXT TV library which has absolutely nothing prior to 2021.

I do have some faith that the vast majority of it will be there at some point noting it did take Peacock 6 months apparently to get everything up (Binge has so far had 2 months).

Big Pete

Referee
Admittedly I haven't seen every episode, but at what point did WCW stop caring about Thunder? The obvious answer would be when they changed it to a two hour show and started taping episodes back to back around Road Wild 1998 but were their signs beforehand?

Granted my nostalgia of Thunder was largely based on logging online and reading the results - they didn't begin showing new episodes until 2001. Otherwise it was a syndicated show that was a year behind what was happening.

Valheru

Coach
Bischoff never really cared about it and in fact didn't want an extra 2 hours of TV to write feeling it would hurt the product noting that at the same time Thunder debuted, Nitro moved to 3 hours permanently. But yeah mid 1998 was the point where it became obvious that it was a B show at best.

Russo did try to re-invigorate it in late 1999 by putting all the big stars on there but by that point the product had other issues and the boat had well and truly sailed.

Just on WCW, has anyone watched the last few months of the company closely? I recently did so and was pleasantly surprised. I would argue they had a decent product in 2001 (the last 3 PPVs are all very watchable), it just lacked star power. It's a great shame Time Warner didn't want wrestling on its network anymore because the company definitely could have had a future.

Valheru

Coach
The whole Nitro catalogue now available with 2000 added recently.

Still no Thunder or Raw/Smackdown/NXT pre 2021.

Big Pete

Referee
Bischoff never really cared about it and in fact didn't want an extra 2 hours of TV to write feeling it would hurt the product noting that at the same time Thunder debuted, Nitro moved to 3 hours permanently. But yeah mid 1998 was the point where it became obvious that it was a B show at best.

Russo did try to re-invigorate it in late 1999 by putting all the big stars on there but by that point the product had other issues and the boat had well and truly sailed.

Just on WCW, has anyone watched the last few months of the company closely? I recently did so and was pleasantly surprised. I would argue they had a decent product in 2001 (the last 3 PPVs are all very watchable), it just lacked star power. It's a great shame Time Warner didn't want wrestling on its network anymore because the company definitely could have had a future.
I've only gone back and watch the odd 2001 Thunder episode and I think it left such a good impression on fans that it shaped the narrative moving forward. Whenever these type of discussions come up it's usually based around pushing the likes of Big Poppa Pump, Booker T, Natural Born Thrillers etc. and putting more emphasis on the Cruiserweights.

It would have been interesting if WCW could have somehow hung out like Impact Wrestling has how things would have ended up. Would we have seen an influx of ECW and MMA talent? Bob Sapp was at the PowerPlant, would he have received a push?

The biggest tragedy is that AKI was set to work on WCW Mayhem 2. It would have been sweet to play a proper follow-up to WCW/nWo Revenge on next gen hardware but alas.

On the other hand, I wonder what kind of year the WWF was in for if the Invasion angle didn't happen? Would it have made a massive impact, or would the WWF simply have to find other talent to push to fill the gaps Booker T, DDP, The Hurricane, Lance Storm, Stacy Kiebler etc. would have created?

Latest posts