What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE 'News and Notes' Thread

Once Dead

Bench
griffo346 said:
World Wrestling Entertainment Suspends Two Performers
Written: November 2, 2007
Chris Masters and DH Smith
STAMFORD, Conn., November 2, 2007 – In accordance with its Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy, WWE today suspended the following performers for violations: Chris Mordetzky (Chris Masters) for 60 days (second violation) and Harry Smith (DH Smith) for 30 days (first violation).

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/5794072

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Masters done AGAIN!

Harry Smith? Going down the road of good ol' dad if he's already on the juice...he has only made one or two appearances on screen and has already put himself into the bad books......

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dammit, DH Smith getting pinged is just stupidity on his part. He finally gets called up, immediately gets thrust into a supporting role in the Hardy/Kennedy feud, and now he'll be off screens for a month. In that time, people will forget who he was.

Bobby DIGital said:
Extremely weird from Vince. He should of been kissing Shawns ass for coming back as soon as he did and boosting the roster. Shawn has done a hell of a lot for Vince, including f**king up his back for him. Definitely didn't expect anything like that out of Vince especially in regards to one of the best workers he's ever had.

Vince has probably made him pay

Firstly last week he made him say he has small balls.

Then this week he made him get wormed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's a pity about Masters, really. Despite him being average on the mike and unremarkable in the ring, I always enjoyed his work. The Masterlock, after grating me when they first introduced it, had grown on me until they had Lashley break it without much fanfare.

Hanscholo

Bench
Steven Richards stated that his job is secure even though he's being paid to sit at home

lol, its the worst injury crisis in the business in years and he is being asked to stay at home, sure your job is secure.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
It's a pity about Masters, really. Despite him being average on the mike and unremarkable in the ring, I always enjoyed his work. The Masterlock, after grating me when they first introduced it, had grown on me until they had Lashley break it without much fanfare.

Yeah I agree. He had a good little stint untill Lashely broke the master lock and all the fuss about him slowly dwindled away.

And what's going on with Flair? is he having a break, injured or retired?

Matt23

Staff member
Flair's been taking a break, rumoured to returning at an upcoming WWE show in Charlotte (His home town)

Eelectrica

Referee
Bad timing for Matt Hardy. Just as he starts to get a push, this happens. I was really looking forward to the next phase in his feud with MVP as well.

His feud with MVP was the highlight of the show for mine.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Elimination Chamber - introduced first by Eric Bischoff on WWE television - will be making its return after an absence of over a year. The plan is to have the match at next year's No Way Out pay-per-view in February
with the winner of the match getting a title shot at WrestleMania 24. While the Royal Rumble winner in January will get to choose who he is going to face at WrestleMania, the champion not chosen by the Rumble winner will be facing off the Elimination Chamber winner. The last Elimination Chamber match took place at the horrible ECW pay-per-view December To Dismember last year where Bobby Lashley defeated The Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Hardcore Holly, CM Punk and Test to win the ECW title. There have been five Elimination Chamber matches since the concept was introduced in 2002 with Shawn Michaels winning the first one, Triple H following with the next two and John Cena winning the fourth. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)

From Gerweck

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

If they made this annual, I'd have to view No Way Out as one of my must buy PPVs. Love the EC match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm relatively confident that HHH will win the Rumble if it's a Raw roster member. We can rule out seeing an ECW winner while they're part of this 'talent exchange'. If they shift the gold on to Undertaker anytime soon, I'd back Edge to the hilt. If it goes to Edge, I'd say Undertaker was a chance of going back to back.