What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Pugzley

Issue is he has been dating TNA's Laurel Van Ness for at least the last 5 months...

pShaFC_f1DtBzS37bwOHtxR8KrSoMrLWQEd_tJ9HocRxoYeaUd8JS3YXUrubygmRusWjKDMoMdQFk8Z1jU5IyLLFUbZ0Nwx26oMqIzNA5KF7LQpHvka4=w320-h180-nc

bZslnm9tmEj2PjYxGX0AuT8zIExoqOzhds8ce5WC-u7U6Q4HugH6-zpUuFQfBbpkDG0xbCAd_DBXhMUyqxtsXrP8SnctLM_Kapcw6jjFLVRX19FwPl4TDd4_veDHlCPpI98n5Celyd7LxOgSusJ2hiMUTl0=w512-h288-nc

Wato

Juniors
They just made the WWE title look like the WCW title in its dying days. Mahal is just so shit on the mic and in the ring plus has the worst finisher in pro wrestling. They have made smackdown look terrible having a guy who was a jobber on raw for the last nine months come in and beat two of their top guys and win the world title in his first PPV.

Parra Pride

Coach
They just made the WWE title look like the WCW title in its dying days. Mahal is just so shit on the mic and in the ring plus has the worst finisher in pro wrestling. They have made smackdown look terrible having a guy who was a jobber on raw for the last nine months come in and beat two of their top guys and win the world title in his first PPV.

You just don't like him because he is rich and speaks two languages.

Wato

Juniors
You just don't like him because he is rich and speaks two languages.

No his just f**king shit in the ring and on the mic. He had a chance to put on a good match with AJ on smackdown and all he dished out was mediocrity. I get that people liked him ironically at first and that was fine when he was a jobber but now his the wwe champ it's not funny. The wwe title is supposed to mean something it is a way to establish a new star like they did with AJ beating Cena than winning the belt but it makes it a lot harder to make someone a star with that belt when people like Jinder hold it. People will come to look at this the way they do Khali winning the world title terrible booking that damaged the standing of a title.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Its a way for them to tap into the billion people over there, if they get a whole bunch of network subscribers out of it, they will see it as a success.

Usually when they have the two belts the WWE title is still slightly higher up the pecking order (the Zigglers, Khalis, Swaggers of the world held the WHC instead). Look over the last draft period the worst star the WWE title ended up with was probably Sheamus, Miz or Del Rio, (most of the tile it was held by Angle, Eddie, Brock, Undertaker, Cena, Batista, Edge, Orton, HHH or someone who was white hot). To me, holding that belt meant that you were at the very top, and putting it on Jinder just seems to take that away. Surely they could put the IC belt on him or book him against some big guns to sell subscriptions.

Parra Pride

Coach
It's purely down to which belt is on which show, RAW is their flagship show and they'll generally position that top title higher. It just so happened that the WWE title was on RAW since Cena was drafted over in his first reign in 2005 I think it was?

It was honestly a pretty poor show besides (I didn't get them booking Nakamura/Ziggler like that at all, and the women's tag was pretty bad), but yeah, holy crap, they actually went through with it. :O In news that's hopefully less inaccurate than his above Emma/Zack speculation, Meltzer's also reporting that Backlash sold virtually no more tickets after the card was announced, shocking.

Wato

Juniors
It was honestly a pretty poor show besides (I didn't get them booking Nakamura/Ziggler like that at all, and the women's tag was pretty bad), but yeah, holy crap, they actually went through with it. :O In news that's hopefully less inaccurate than his above Emma/Zack speculation, Meltzer's also reporting that Backlash sold virtually no more tickets after the card was announced, shocking.

Yea Meltzer said the ratings are down too. I was really disappponted by Backlash for a card that had five of my favourite wrestlers( Nakamura, AJ,KO, Zayn, Becky) it was very average possibly the worst PPV of the brand spilt era, the other really bad PPV since the brand spilt was Roadblock but that at least had the iron women's match.

It's purely down to which belt is on which show, RAW is their flagship show and they'll generally position that top title higher. It just so happened that the WWE title was on RAW since Cena was drafted over in his first reign in 2005 I think it was?

There were times when the belts switched over, but for the most part you are correct. It just seems as though the WWE title meant Vince and co were willing to go all in on you, not experiment with you.

Valheru

Coach
Does anyone bother watching current PPVs anymore? I was just looking at this coming weekend's PPV card and there is an IC title match where the stipulation is that if Ambrose is DQ'd, he loses his belt. There is one slight problem with that, the PPV is Extreme Rules!

Does anyone bother watching current PPVs anymore? I was just looking at this coming weekend's PPV card and there is an IC title match where the stipulation is that if Ambrose is DQ'd, he loses his belt. There is one slight problem with that, the PPV is Extreme Rules!

Hard to care at the moment. One major belt is being used as a marketing tool and the other is one someone who can't be bothered showing up unless he gets a mountain of cash.

Big Pete

Referee
I haven't watched an entire WWE PPV since the Rumble.

Even Wrestlemania this year, I tried sitting through a replay and just found myself skipping through large chunks of the show. Outside of the opening couple of matches, the only other bouts I watched was the four way ladder match and Goldberg/Brock.

I didn't even bother with the past two PPVs and I still have TakeOver: Chicago sitting there.

Wato

Juniors
Their are like three matches I care about at extreme rules the fatal five way, Women's title match just because it's Alexa vs Bayley the stipulation is Russo levels of gimmicky bullshit and the submission match between Aries and Neville.

NXT Chicago is wel worth a watch it was a fantastic show with Dunne vs Bate being one of the best matches of the year and the main event was great too, AOP are really growing on me too.