What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, the Usos have always been incredibly consistent workers. I recall their tags against the Wyatts being really good, I just hope they're used more and not necessarily like a tag team. One of the best tag teams in Pro Wrestling is the Briscoes from ROH and what makes them so good is that they can also work singles and have their own distinct personalities. I'd like to see that explored more with the Usos since the rest of the tag division on SmackDown isn't great.

You're probably right about the SmackDown main event scene which is going to blow. I wouldn't mind an Owens/Styles blow-off at SummerSlam, but I hope they blow off Corbin/Nakamura on SmackDown and go straight into a Nakamura feud against either Cena or Orton. Or god forbid, Nakamura/Mahal with Nak winning the championship and setting in motion a main event scene with Orton, Styles, Zayn, Corbin, Harper (hey a man can dream) mixing it up.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Naomi vs Natalya - it's like they want to murder the women's division on SmackDown. Two uncharismatic, untalent hacks riding the coattails of a family member to keep a position.

We can always yearn for Becky and Charlotte to start up. Asuka to be called up. Tamina clogging the scene is woeful, although she's due an injury soon enough.

I'm glad I didn't order this crap, nor even bother to watch on the network. Not one of the matches interested me at all. There's no 'buzz' heading towards SummerSlam. Smackdown has been diminished from the 'draft' to reaffirm Raw as the A-brand.

Parra Pride

Coach
No buzz heading to Summer Slam? We are most likely getting Joe/Roman/Braun/Lesnar fatal four way. That shit is going to go off.

Valheru

Coach
Battleground was a very poor show.

The tag match was awesome but from there it all went downhill. One thing WWE has done well over the last 20 years now is they generally have a main event that is at least a passable wrestling match, not on this occasion though. It reminded me of the overbooked tripe that was Flair/Hogan at uncensored 1999.

I don't know what the smackdown side of summerslam looks like form here as there is no one I want to see Mahal wrestle. I wish he would just drop the title to Cena or Orton at a house show somewhere and save us the pain.

I would give Styles/Owens one last chance and let them open Summerslam. Give them 25 minutes plus in a ladder match to start the show.

I'd have Graves expose the lie, leading to a match between Kurt and Jordan at the Rumble (as has already been said). Comes out he was only Triple H's pawn so Angle fights him at Mania. Jordan in the meantime is continuously called out by Gable and gets his revenge in a Smackdown v Raw special attraction match at Mania. Let em go 15-20 minutes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Uso's are criminally underrated as a tag team, now they've finally got themselves a distinct personality and have been given some free reign in their promos (story is that both teams wrote all their own stuff for the rap battle, and weren't comparing notes) they are getting over, but their ring work has always been very good. Would like to see another match between them and the New Day at Summerslam, both teams deserve it.

I think AJ & Owens will get a blow off at Summerslam, both matches they have had have sort of felt as though they are holding back. Also, Nakamura's terrible booking continues. Nakamura vs Styles would have been a huge Summerslam match but you can't go with it at the moment. Neither guy feels like a big deal.

The women were kind of dull. It doesn't help that outside of Carmella, all the heels are black holes for charisma. The Natalya vs Naomi build is going to be a slog. Natalya is great in the ring, but man she is brutal to listen to.

I assume we will also get the all American hero Cena beating the evil foreigner in Mahal at Summerslam too, and Orton will have the unenviable task of getting a good match out of Khali.

I totally agree.

I found the Usos really bland before, even though they were good in the ring.

Right now, though, they're incredible to watch.

Naomi vs Natalya - it's like they want to murder the women's division on SmackDown. Two uncharismatic, untalent hacks riding the coattails of a family member to keep a position.

We can always yearn for Becky and Charlotte to start up. Asuka to be called up. Tamina clogging the scene is woeful, although she's due an injury soon enough.

I'm glad I didn't order this crap, nor even bother to watch on the network. Not one of the matches interested me at all. There's no 'buzz' heading towards SummerSlam. Smackdown has been diminished from the 'draft' to reaffirm Raw as the A-brand.

I still think they should put all the ladies on one show and the tag teams on another. A ladies division of Charlotte, Becky, Sash, Bayley, Asuka, Nia, Alexa, Carmella, Naomi, Natalya & Mickie is deep enough to have 3-4 solid storylines at a time, with some veterans to help the younger talents develop.

On the tag team front you have the New Day, Club, Usos, Hardys, Revival, Sheamzaro, Fashion Police & Harper/Rowan, where you can also have a few solid storylines going on at once. It also gives guys a place to go when they aren't in the title picture, which is what has killed a lot of teams' momentum. After they blow off the Usos/New Day feud at Summerslam, where do both teams go?

Parra Pride

Coach
US title being tossed around like the Women's title on RAW not too long ago. Hopefully they make up their minds on who they actually want with it and run with them after Summer Slam.

Valheru

Coach
Apparently he US title match at Battleground was botched by AJ whom was meant to kick out but didn't hear the count properly.

Could you imagine 2 years ago someone telling you that John Cena would wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura on free TV in a number one contenders match for Jinder Mahal's WWE Championship at Summerslam?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Battleground was a very poor show.

The tag match was awesome but from there it all went downhill. One thing WWE has done well over the last 20 years now is they generally have a main event that is at least a passable wrestling match, not on this occasion though. It reminded me of the overbooked tripe that was Flair/Hogan at uncensored 1999.

I don't know what the smackdown side of summerslam looks like form here as there is no one I want to see Mahal wrestle. I wish he would just drop the title to Cena or Orton at a house show somewhere and save us the pain.

I would give Styles/Owens one last chance and let them open Summerslam. Give them 25 minutes plus in a ladder match to start the show.
Smackdown is really light on for genuine heavyweight superstars. The fact Mahal has the belt is evidence of that.

They could do worse than send over some under utilised bodies from RAW, like Big Show, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose,

What if they also told you Nakamura would pin him clean?

For all the crap Cena gets, he does put guys over when he needs to. Sure he probably could do it more, but it just means when he does it makes the guy seem that much more special. Imagine if they also told you AJ would pin Cena clean.

or that initial program with Owens...

Cena's had his time carrying the company. He understands his role as an ambassador and 'shine passer' now. He truly is a jam up guy, and not in an El Dandy sarcastic sorta way.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Am i the only one not interested in baron corbin?

He seems to be tall but not physically imposing. Has no ring presence or charisma.

He's just meh

Eelementary

Post Whore
Am i the only one not interested in baron corbin?

He seems to be tall but not physically imposing. Has no ring presence or charisma.

He's just meh

I like him, tbh.

He's still pretty green, but he's improving.

For a big guy, he moves really well, and imo, his ring psychology is developing nicely.

But I can see why people would say he's a bit meh.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like him, tbh.

He's still pretty green, but he's improving.

For a big guy, he moves really well, and imo, his ring psychology is developing nicely.

But I can see why people would say he's a bit meh.
Perhaps it's his mic work or the guys he comes up against. He's physically a bit smaller, bulk wise then say Big Cass, but they've done a better job building up Cass, giving him squash jobs on Enzo and then beating Big Show a few times.

Corbin has been made a main eventer type guy with little to no build up. It just feels rushed/forced. He needs a long focussed fued or a few squash jobs probably.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Perhaps it's his mic work or the guys he comes up against. He's physically a bit smaller, bulk wise then say Big Cass, but they've done a better job building up Cass, giving him squash jobs on Enzo and then beating Big Show a few times.

Corbin has been made a main eventer type guy with little to no build up. It just feels rushed/forced. He needs a long focussed fued or a few squash jobs probably.

That's true - he's tall and ripped, but not bulky like Cass.

And he could benefit from more squash matches to make him out to be a monster.

When he was the one who eliminated Braun Strowman at this year's Royal Rumble, I thought, "Wow - surely he is moving to bigger things!"

And in a way, he has - winning the Money In The Bank is a huge thing for him.

But I do think you're right - his build-up needs work.