What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

It was predictable but frustrating

You knew Roman wss going over

You knew Brock Lobster was retaining

The only result i enjoyed was the Goddess retaining, she's so f**king good maybe not as a worker but as a merkin, i love her

Big Pete

Referee
You didn't enjoy the tag match, Cherry?

I thought it was another classic. When Cesaro broke his teeth it was difficult not to admire Cesaro's persistence to carry on.

You didn't enjoy the tag match, Cherry?

I thought it was another classic. When Cesaro broke his teeth it was difficult not to admire Cesaro's persistence to carry on.

I'm not a huge fan of tag matches to begin with but here goes

The Bar beat 7 shades of shit out of Seth, a favorite of mine for his ability to play a chicken shit heel better than anyone since Y2Js undisputed run where he beat the rock and stone cold in one night

Then there's Ambrose whose suffered awful booking and lets face it, awful scripts like Cesaro,Sheamus was the next big thing what 5 years ago and since then downward spiral

The bar get a thousand near falls with devastating power moves and double teams, at least they went down with kings landing into dirty deeds but it was so sudden

Roll into the passing of the torch match and the same ending, cena with 5 finishers stocked up blows them all and gets done in with a single spear

Then Braun and Brock which i liked as a match but again same ending, Braun blows 5 finishers and gets toppled by a sneaky f5

All 3 of these endings took the matches from being competitive to literal burials

They buried the running powerslam, the AA or FU and white noise

Taker losing to Roman was better because he took a lot of spears to stay down, even if the double rope spear was a little hokey

A finisher into a pin during the attitude or ruthless aggression eras was lights out, in this new era it's a roll of the dice and hope for double 6

Big Pete

Referee
The White Noise hasn't been a finisher in a long time. Sheamus usually puts his opponents away with the Brogue Kick which they protected. If it was up to me, I would have finished it on the possum pin, but the bookers wanted to get over Rollins/Ambrose as a unit.

It's a shame you couldn't get into it - it woke me up after that awful Balor/Wyatt match.

The finisher spam is irritating. Not only are you burying the spot, the spot itself isn't that impressive. Cena has that top rope leg-drop to the back of the neck that looks deadly, but we're supposed to believe his variation of a suplex is more impactful? The AA worked because nobody else did it and they sold it like a lights out move. Now it's just a less impressive version of the Death Valley Driver. When The Godfather had a better finisher than you, then you know you're in trouble.

Finisher spam is the worst, they're trying to recreate Micheals vs Taker or the end of an era match which were classics because you didn't know if they'd break the streak, when Brock broke it i didn't like it and still don't as he didn't need it

I hate Cena for what he did to wrestling with the superman shtick, every night there was a chance Austin or The Rock could lose, i know it started a long time before cena but he brought it back

For a while there was no superman, could you imagine Roman getting Mavened in the Royal rumble? Also who cares about the bad guy when he's a punk bitch anyway?

I feel as if the raw women's division is the only division doing it right, well that and the US title scene, but AJ and KO should be chasing the WHC not the US belt,AJ i know is doing a Cena trying to breathe life into that strap but he hasn't been around long enough to be putting kids over, furthermore he doesn't have the time he's f**king 40 or close too,it should be Kane or Show or someone equally long serving and obscure but legit, Y2J if he wss around

It's been a frustrating year to watch, Seth Rollins could end up on the f**king pre show

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What was with that burying of Enzo by the lightweight division and Strowman?

I mean, he's as annoying as f**k to watch, but it looked like far more was at play

Eelementary

Post Whore
What was with that burying of Enzo by the lightweight division and Strowman?

I mean, he's as annoying as f**k to watch, but it looked like far more was at play

I've no inside info or anything, but I reckon they gave Enzo the belt, because the Universe wants to see him with a belt (he's white-hot, tbh), but still felt the need to punish him for his bad behaviour, and so he got destroyed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a bit OTT having the whole division come out though.

All the Heels or all the faces maybe

Is Enzo still over? The reaction I've seen about him has only got worse since he split from Cass. Considering they are completely burying him at every turn I don't know why they took the belt off Neville (who has been amazing with it) to put it on Enzo only to bury him again.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Enzo should play the part of a Ric Flair for evolution
- and by that I mean manage, but occasionally wrestle

Very repetitive on the mic, how you doin, but then again most wrestlers have their catch phrases.
I find his segments entertaining. I can't help but think this angle is one of two things

a) A way to move Neville to SD or Raw. Can't compete for the title, so he moves onto a bigger show. He's talented enough.

or B - most likely) A short title reign that Enzo will be squashed in. I can see the 'clause' being invalid and Enzo having to defend it in the near future and lose it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So clearly Enzo has now turned heel.

Surely this in turn means Cass will return as a face. What will they do with him?

It also means Neville is essentially a face too which can work, but he's a better heel imo.

Enzo as a heel is probably a good idea, book him like the Miz in his early days (before he tagged with Morrison), chats shit, gets beaten up but flukes wins (almost never clean).

Latest posts