What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Survivor Series 2014

afinalsin666

First Grade
The betting agency got everything right, you mean. Dolphin ain't shit but reading the odds. Every one of his predictions are carbon copies of the favorites. Also sometimes waits for a little before the match, because the odds always firm up in the victors favor.

That was a cool event, not jaw dropping like i was expecting, but the best survivor series since i've been back.

Ambrose posing after the match was a bit silly, more egotistic than i was expecting from him.

The poor divas tried, but when one of the more devastating moves in the match is a splash to an outstretched arm, it probably isn't going well. They need time for god sakes. Scrap half the bloody recaps and give us more wrestling.

Mizdow is a god. That is all.

They did 18 seconds, again. Yeah, you want to try to keep Bryan relevant, but not like this. Jesus, it was a horrible idea then, it is a horrible idea now.

Big show turn was obvious as soon as i checked the calender and it was November. Like f**king clockwork. I was as angry as you would expect when he squashed Henry. f**king arsehole, hope he gets fired or something, big prick.

Sting was cool, but the biggest thing out of the event was Dolph finally getting his due. Hopefully they have the guts to follow through.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
it was good. but could you imagine if that was Cena and not Ziggler who went over 3 v 1? the raging from all of us would be crazy.

got to give it to Ziggles. that was one hell of a push. hope WWE doesn't f**k this up

Parra Pride

Coach
it was good. but could you imagine if that was Cena and not Ziggler who went over 3 v 1? the raging from all of us would be crazy.

It's simple, Ziggler hasn't been shoved down our throats as some unbeatable god of wrestling, while Cena has.

Stinger death drop!

Never thought I'd see it in the WWE. I like the fact he didn't talk. He shouldn't talk...doesn't match his look

Wish the streak lasted one more year and sting went up against the dead man next year

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I can see them setting up Sting V HHH at WM, Sting probably won't compete or even cut a promo until WM, but will appear ala his fued with Hogan.

I disagree re- the dead man match. Sting probably wouldn't join just to job out Taker. I would highly doubt they'd have a wCw/tna guy end the streak, even more so to a guy who won't be around long.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The opening tag match was so much fun. Mizdow is hilarious and give Miz credit, he plays with it very well too.

Divas match - ugh, lame.

Ambrose/Wyatt - good match, ending a little meh as it was all to set up TLC. I think the crowd expected Ambrose to jump from the ladder and were disappointed when he didn't.

Aj/Nikki - meh again, but will hold off until I see what happens. I suspect this was all about the Brie/Nikki angle.

Rose/Bunny v Slater Gator - Meh.

Main event was very well booked. Thought the Mark Henry thing was as obvious as it gets, but I still enjoyed it anyway and Steph/Triple H sold it beautifully. The Show turn, no complaints, it took Cena out of the picture. All up they elevated a lot if guys from that match.

My only main event question was the Ryback elimination. After all the build up it seemed weird.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I wonder what will happen to the 'dusts' now.
I hope they don't disappear into obscurity.

Mizdow are great, mainly because I really don't like Miz, so this keeps him far away from the main event scene

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Crazy to see Sting in a WWE event finally. Good though. In that weird slightly surreal way.

Even though rumours of his debut appearance have been swirling pretty much ever since the Invasion, and moreso this year since his first technical appearance on WWE screens with that 2K15 ad, I wish I hadn't seen the "BREAKING NEWS!!!!" rumours over the weekend prior to the event, even if I was still in doubt that he'd actually be there.

Also I kinda wished he'd had the bat and the WCW music, and even a black rinse through his hair to make it less ginger (and that's coming from a ginger here heh), and wasn't forced to do the weird waddle turn thing when HHH was circling him..... BUT that Scorpion Death Drop was sweet, kinda felt like the first time seeing him do that on Uncensored 97 back when he intruded the main event that fateful night on TV2 (first WCW event to ever show on NZ free TV) all those years ago!

I presume he will now be the new authority figure of sorts which I have no issue with.

I wonder if him seeing Warrior bury the hatchet & illwill towards WWE/McMahon before passing away had any bearing on him deciding to ditch his longstanding reluctance to join WWE.

Really enjoyed the main event, especially with John Cena actually getting eliminated. Classic Big Show turn, I wonder if he's close to retirement? Good on Ziggler getting the win and the spotlight, hopefully he doesn't get dumped again.

Wish the end of Ambrose/Wyatt was less of an ad for TLC, would've been better if Ambrose at least feigned jumping off the ladder with the gaggle of referees blocking his path (if not just jumping into the manpile of referees) rather than just standing there posing.

I love MizDow & I love that he's getting the love too. Hopefully they don't split him too soon from Miz as I think there's plenty of fuel in their pairing especially now that the crowd are solidly behind Damien and solidly against Miz, should make for some fun matches. Not to mention I just can't get enough of the stunt double antics, it's too funny (e.g. Miz breaking up the pin, then MizDow coming in and stomping the mat, the flips over the ropes and off the apron and stuff, love it).
"WE WANT MIZDOW" chants popping up throughout the show also warm the cockles of my heart.

Divas elimination match went a lot longer than expected, good for them. Though lots of awkwardness (Summer Rae's splash onto the arm is one of the more random offensive tactics I've seen in recent times).

Divas title match on the otherhand went for as long as I'd hoped, just not a fan of Nikki Bella. No doubt there'll be Bella/Bella to and from the next little while, which excites me.......... NOT. #hashtag90s/10

Um, there were some other matches I can't remember too. Good times. Also enjoyed Vince McMahon's classic "WELCOME EVERYOONNNNNE..." at the start, nostalgia for the win.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must be the only person who thinks recruiting Sting is a shit idea.

He's a busted old bloke whose time in the WWE as a decent competitor will be minimal.

This constant dragging out of 50+ year old blokes from a bygone era is so f**king backwards.

He's just wasting a place on the roster that could be better filled by a young up and comer.

I'd love it if Stone Cold never retired, but he has and I don't want him to return as a competitior, as it will ruin a great legacy.

The same applies to Sting, Hogan, HBK, Bret Hart, Even Undertaker now, Mick Foley, et al

Last edited:

He's a busted old bloke whose time in the WWE as a decent competitor will be minimal.

This constant dragging out of 50+ year old blokes from a bygone era is so f**king backwards.

He's just wasting a place on the roster that could be better filled by a young up and comer.

I'd love it if Stone Cold never retired, but he has and I don't want him to return as a competitior, as it will ruin a great legacy.

The same applies to Sting, Hogan, HBK, Bret Hart, Even Undertaker now, Mick Foley, et al

Yeh because all the other up and comers are drawing so well?

At least sting can still rassle. Not a fair comparison to people like hogan who hasn't had a good match since 1984

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'd feel the same if it were a returning WWF guy.
The fact now that we can potentially have some dream match ups, Trips Vs Sting, Kane Vs Sting, Cena Vs Sting, Orton Vs Sting etc make it a bit different.

I fully agree with the other poster though, felt kinda weird with the gingerness showing through, thought it woulda been best had he dyed his hair and came out to the WCW Sting theme. Still, it will be interesting to see how they work him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

I can see where you're coming from, but I doubt Sting is going to appear often enough to really take a spot from anyone on a regular basis. Besides considering they had Adam rose and slater gator on the card, I can handle anyone else taking a spot from them.

afinalsin666

First Grade

Mmm, I hate pushing old timers as well, but this seems to be a bit premature.

Let's face it, he's no Rock taking two Wrestlemania main events. He'll be an attraction, at best, probably against Trips, maybe a rumble moment or something.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well I'm glad Mizdown won the tag belts, just refreshing to have a new team winning it for once. Looks like everyone loves Sandow. He did a pretty good stunt double job in this match lol.

I would've preferred it if the divas elimination match was a little more close. Then again it's the divas we are talking about. If there's one thing I like from this match it's that our only AUSSIE in the WWE walked out a winner, and a non-eliminated winner at that. Also glad she eliminated someone (Summer Rae). While we're on it, the Psycho Paige thing has to end. It's beyond ridiculous now!

Loved the Ambrose/Wyatt match. I didn't think it would end like that, then again they're both also playing psychos. I can't wait for their TLC match... should be epic.

Adam Rose and the Bunny... meh! Couldn't care less.

I'm not happy that AJ, who has been dominating the divas division for sometime now, lost her match the same way Daniel Bryan did at WM a few years ago... that was just ridiculous. She didn't even get a shot in. I'm happy in way it's not the same AJ/Paige divas feud, so hopefully we get a fresh face taking on Nikki for the title (maybe Brie).

The main event was pretty good. As soon as we saw Big Show standing in the ring next to Cena, we knew that he was going to knock him out. It was as clear as daylight. Blind Freddy could see that coming.

I didn't think Sting was going to debut to be honest. I thought he would've come in perhaps after the Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber for a WM match. I really thought, being in St. Louis (Ortons home town), that HE would've come in to screw the Authority. Oh well.

Pretty solid show after all - 7/10.

Latest posts