What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wwe @ sydney superdome (allphones arena) 2014

alien

Referee
The Pop for Roman was huge, it was a good show, wish they would tape a Raw out here one day.

yeah i was in row 2 right on the aisle where roman reigns came down the aisle and cheered him on and patted him on the back just before he jumped the fence. it was a good show but i wanted bray wyatt to beat y2j, lol. i have wanted them to do the taped raw here for years. they do it in england so they should do it here! i bought one of those wyatt family sheep masks there after the show ($30) and wore it whilst walking back to olympic park station and kept in on until the train arrived. gave some people a fright! :D

2ahvaky.jpg

alien

Referee
i remember in 2002 the wwe had the Global Warning tour pay-per-view at docklands stadium, melbourne (formerly Colonial Stadium) where there was a strong crowd of 56,734. i have that on dvd. they should do a pay per view in sydney, or an episode of raw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Global_Warning

Last edited:

Lynoman

Bench
Took my son, we sat about 6 rows behind where you were alien. I got a mask, a hat and a lantern from the WWE shop before the event for $29.95 and some t-shirts for $20. The merch was so over priced at the event.

I thought the show was good but the crowd was rather flat and the wrestlers didn't seem to have as much enthusiasm as last year. My son loved it, everyone wanted to hold our title belts. lol

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
It baffles me why they don’t do a RAW and/or Smackdown taping here every year.

If they did a supershow they could potentially pack out somewhere like the SFS IMO although probably only the first couple of times they do it. Still, they would sell out any indoor venue in Australia for a RAW or Smackdown taping.

I can’t see them ever doing one of the main 12 PPVs simply due to the time difference.

alien

Referee
It baffles me why they don’t do a RAW and/or Smackdown taping here every year.

If they did a supershow they could potentially pack out somewhere like the SFS IMO although probably only the first couple of times they do it. Still, they would sell out any indoor venue in Australia for a RAW or Smackdown taping.

I can’t see them ever doing one of the main 12 PPVs simply due to the time difference.

when stadium australia gets the full roof on it, they should have an episode of raw there every year...

imagine that. over 80,000 people. it would sell out. it would look great for wwe!!! rememeber wwe had over 55,000 @ docklands stadium, melbourne in 2002, and it wasnt even part of the tv show. it was called a payperview but it was only exclusive in australia. i hear you cant even watch it on wwe network -_-

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
The first ever NZ show back in 2006 (at Westpac Stadium Wellington) was recorded for WWE On Demand (or whatever the online video service was called back then), wasn't a sellout (something like 25000 I think, which wasn't too bad considering how terrible the weather was in the leadup to the sho) but sounded like it!

I reckon they could definitely do at least a small scale filming for the Network, if not for one of their main shows.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
when stadium australia gets the full roof on it, they should have an episode of raw there every year...

imagine that. over 80,000 people. it would sell out. it would look great for wwe!!! rememeber wwe had over 55,000 @ docklands stadium, melbourne in 2002, and it wasnt even part of the tv show. it was called a payperview but it was only exclusive in australia. i hear you cant even watch it on wwe network -_-

It would be awesome if Australia could get a massive event held at ANZ Stadium.

I've been to the past 2 Wrestlemania's in New Jersey and New Orleans and the 80k crowds are just phenomenal. The Superdome in particular had a great atmosphere as the roof was trapping the crowd noise in.

I can't ever forsee a show the size of Wrestlemania ever being held in Australia. The logistics and costs of setting it up and the Time difference will deter WWE in a major way.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I took my son to it, and we were on the floor, 8 or so rows from the front but had the seats closest to the ramp. So at the start and end of each match it would be a sprint to the fence to make sure he could stick his hand out for a high 5. I thought it was a great night, right up there with last year. The matches were great and for mine the match of the night was Sheamus v Cesaro. I thought we werent gonna get the Swing, but he got it in towards the end. A really great match to watch.

The crowd loved Y2J, the entrance and reaction for Bray Wyatt was amazing seeing all the phones lit up like lanterns.

Overall we had a great night, which may have been helped by out seat locations, but a great night nonetheless.

alien

Referee
so wwe was in england once again last week and it was the actual tv shows. next year when they come to australia they should have something like raw in sydney, smackdown in melbourne, main event in brisbane, superstars in perth. wwe could call it wwe week downunder or something