What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Wrestlemania 23 Thread *Includes Spoilers*

Misanthrope

Staff member
Five moves of doom is a bit rich. He hit them all, sure, but they didn't lead to the pinfall. The match went for twenty eight minutes and saw both guys make their share of falls and have their periods of dominance. I think the Cena haters are just ignoring the match and looking at the outcome.

The crowd certainly didn't help matters at all today. They didn't seem to react to anything.

Raider_69

Post Whore
CWBush said:
Give credit to Cena. He got busted open hardway and probably spent most of that match only semi-coherent. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a concussion.

me and my house mate are convinced that was actually michaels blood on the back of cena's head, he was laying head flat to the canvas for about a minute and there wasnt so much of a smudge when he got up, i dont think his head was busted at all, the way shawn landed on that piledriver gives credence to that idea, no way cena's head hit the deck, michaels almost lended far enough back to land on his back

cena's enterence was lame

taker v batista was my match of the day

Misanthrope

Staff member
me and my house mate are convinced that was actually michaels blood on the back of cena's head, he was laying head flat to the canvas for about a minute and there wasnt so much of a smudge when he got up, i dont think his head was busted at all, the way shawn landed on that piledriver gives credence to that idea, no way cena's head hit the deck, michaels almost lended far enough back to land on his back

According to the reports I've heard from people who were at the event, it was Cena's blood. And what the hell were you watching? There was a clear smudge when HBK dragged Cena's ass into the middle of the ring.

Raider_69

Post Whore
CWBush said:
According to the reports I've heard from people who were at the event, it was Cena's blood. And what the hell were you watching? There was a clear smudge when HBK dragged Cena's ass into the middle of the ring.

i certainly didnt see any smudge, if it was cena's blood, the cut couldnt have been too bad, there was barely anything happening there
but that's beside the point, the match was ordinary, the end was ok if you ignore the no sell on cena's knee, ordinary main event, ordinary ppv... a timely reminder as to why my interest in wrestling is dwindling at a rapid rate.

hell even HHH could have made that mania infinitely better... this mania lacked a real mark out moment imo

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just above average Mania. I am a bit annoyed that my girl Ashley didn't win the title though. She was looking hot though! I am royally pissed that Taker-Batista was not last match on the card. Stupid, stupid booking. Taker wins his 5th world title and has to take the backseat to a crap rap trash wannabe Cena. Yeah well done WWE you idiots!

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Does anybody else think we are gonna see the reemergence of Booker T? The spinaroo he did is a good sign and he got a few cheers, perhaps a face turn is near?

Stevo_G

Juniors
pretty meh wrestlemania but i didn't expect much with the current position the wwe is in. I thought cena was pretty good today, but still cut he won, drop the title or fkn turn.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He is better as King Booker anyway and SD hardly has any legitmate guys that are heels that could be credible main eventers- most of them are faces!

Parra_Eels

Bench
I'll watch Raw and Smackdown this week and see how regular my viewing becomes after that - The PPV was just so predictable and no mark out moments - One reason that could possibly make me watch Smackdown regularly is MVP - he was great with Benoit.

Isnt Benoit supposed to be heading to Raw? If so, will he drop the US title to MVP before he leaves? Or will they do a swap with Umaga?

Its interesting, in my Extreme Warfare Revenge game, which begun on Wrestlemania 23, I booked Umaga and Benoit to switch, only with Benoit to drop the US title to MVP at Mania, and Umaga to switch which vacted the IC title.

Also am keen on having a Matt/Jeff fued in real life...I wouldv marked out had Matt delivered a Twist of Fate to Jeff at the conclusion of the last ECW!!! I might also add that I am looking to pair the two in a fued in EWR, with Matt turning on Jeff out of jealousy due to his MITB win at Mania (I booked a Jeff Hardy suprise victory).

Eelectrica

Referee
Not a bad show overall. They did their best with smoke and mirrors to make it seem better than what was given the at times lack lustre card.

Gotta say the Batista Undertaker match was a lot better than I thought it would be. Dave showed what he can do when he wants too. Pity he doesn't do it more often.

Cena V Michaels wasn't quit the classic I was hoping for. Started off great, but seemed to get a bit sloppy at the end.

MITB was fun as always, really cringed when Hardy hit Edge through the ladder, looked nasty. I'm guessing with the outdoor arena next years WM is being held at this might be the last MITB for a while. If so, I think the 1st is still the best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My mark out moment? Green Bay Plunge to Hornswoggle. That and the backstage dance segment :p

Sanchez

Coach
MITB - what we have come to expect really. interesting to see the backlash in all directions for this match

Khali vs Kane- khali. a waste of time

Benoit vs MVP - MVp can wrestle after all

Undertaker vs Batista - great match. taker still has it. the jump over the ropes was awesome.

ECW Match - why didnt new breed wiin

Hair vs Hair - pretty obvious but very funny

Womens Match - nothing special

Cena vs Michaels - cena should have lost. who can he face now

Big Pete

Referee
Hey I'm writing this before I head back to bed. I was celebrating my 17th birthday over the weekend and all my mates that were left stayed to watch this years Mania. It was in some regards dissapointing and better than expected, I'll go through each match.

Money In The Bank - I'd have to rate this as the 2nd best MitB (behind the 1st one), I thought the match had some good spots, but I think it needed a few storyline elements to make it more interesting. For example I there wasn't enough Edge/Orton interaction, and I thought Jeff Hardy taking himself and Edge out was really stupid in a storyline sorta way. Ok I win the match, or lose it but look cool, ok lets take the latter. So stupid but awesome spot regardless. Some of the spots were pretty awesome, take RKO off the ladder, Jeff Hardys Leg Drop off the 20m Ladder onto Edge through a Ladder and the Greenbay Plunge, those were all awesome. I liked Kennedy winning, although I thought it deserved more of a hot ending than it got.

With it being the first match I thought for sure we'd see Kennedy come out at the end, and challenge Cena because it would make sense, he wanted to switch to Raw.

The promo was better than I thought it would be, still doesn't hold a candle to the one the year before with all the freaks. I marked out when Ricky Steamboat (that's how you spell it right?) came out, that was awesome and unexpected.

Next match, was better than I expected but was nothing more than a Raw/Smackdown match I thought. You could tell who WWE had in mind as Kahli's real opponent (Hogan) when Kane made the body slam. Moving right along.

Benoit vs. MVP (Ludicrus or however you spell it, as my friends called him) was a real surprise match up. Lame ending to a decent bout.

Taker vs. Batista - First off with the ending Cena/HBK had, why was this match in the middle of the card? This had the making as a real good end for Wrestlemania. Granted, HBK/Cena ended up being a better match, but I would've felt better having seen Taker keep his streak against Batista (which I thought was in jeapordy when he got Batista Bombed). Good match, these guys gave us everything they could tonight and I was really happy for it.

ECW Match - Again a good match which probably needed another 5-10 minutes added to make it memorable. Originals going over was a surprise, but well respected they did well tonight. All my friends were casual fans of RVD so they were pretty surprised with some of the stuff he did (Monkey flips and so on). Like the Benoit/MVP match, good but dissapointing in the same sense.

Hair vs. Hair - Good and Horrible all in the same sense just what everyone expected. I cringed when Trump clotheslined Vince McMahon and started punching him like a girl, it was pretty sad. What else is there to say? Trump getting stunnered was horrible. :p Worse than Linda McMahon, which surprisingly one of my mates pointed out.

Womens Match - Horrible! Nuff said.

Cena vs. Michaels - Michael entrance, good Cena's Entrance, corny as all hell. Slow start and Middle which I thought would've come into play later, but once Cena hit his 5 moves, it never happened. However the ending was white hot, I have never marked out more when HBK hit the SCM on Cena. We thought it was over, but nope. Cena wins with possibly the worst move, god I hate it, STFU...why can't it just FO. However great match, and a contender for MOTY I suppose. Would've marked out if Kennedy came out though, we were all waiting for it but I knew when the fireworks went off it wasn't going to happen.

Overall, probably the worst Mania in a while but it certainly wasn't horrible it just needed more matches and less time wasting. Some matches surprised me while some others were just horrible and made you wonder why they even got time on the card. Orton/Edge should've been taken out of the MitB and had their own match IMO.

Anyways, glad to see CWB happy for once in terms of a WWE PPV. :p Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Steel Dragon

Bench
MITB - One of the better matches - soft ending though. Jeff Hardy is AWESOME!!!

Khali vs Kane- When Khali takes on Ric Flair, the WWE should give it away. LAME

Benoit vs MVP - MVP showed some skills. Benoit rules though. A decent match-up

Undertaker vs Batista - Easily event of the evening! A pre determined result in some ways, but Taker's dive outta the ring will make highlight reels for years.

ECW Match - had its moments, just not enough. Why are these guys 'hardcore' again!?!

Hair vs Hair - Loved it. Result was expected I guess, but some surprising moments. Shane McMahon coast to coast was great. God love Trump for giving it a go, but im sure I could stunner Trump without too much effort!

Womens Match - Woeful, some good moments of actual wrestling, lame ending.

Cena vs Michaels - F**king Cena! Wrestlemania main event should never end by tap-out. HBK is better than that. One of the weakest main events for years and years. There were no surprises as far as people coming out to assist or hinder the wrestlers.

On the whole - an average Wrestlemania IMO

lockyno1

Post Whore
Very average WM. The MITB was the saviour. Ashley was looking hot as usual. I wish the womens match went 5-10 minutes longer. Lets not go into the stupidity of not having Taker be the main event!

Ridders

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Very average WM. The MITB was the saviour. Ashley was looking hot as usual. I wish the womens match went 5-10 minutes longer. Lets not go into the stupidity of not having Taker be the main event!

if not the mainevent than at least later on the show. i nearly laughed when i saw teddy long come out and announce the match so early.

MITB was good althought it should have gone for a bit longer and the ending needed to be a bit more interesting. i was pretty much waiting for someone to come and knock kennedy off when he was unbuckling the briefcase.

i enjoyed the cena and HBK match. While i'm still peeved that Cena won with his "patented" STFU, it was a very well constructed match.