What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Wrestlemania 23 Thread *Includes Spoilers*

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stupid decision and this will only piss WWE fans off even more. You don't have Taker winning his 1st WHC that early in the show!

IanG

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Stupid decision and this will only piss WWE fans off even more. You don't have Taker winning his 1st WHC that early in the show!
Yeah that's what I was wondering. How come that match wasn't the main event. After all Taker won the Royal Rumble

PARANoIR

Bench
I still don't understand why the hell Teddy was out their for the WHC match. It was just stupid.

IanG

Coach
I do admit I would've liked to have seen Donny get shaved. His hair looks like some sort of roadkill that's been frisbied onto his head.

Sanchez

Coach
Both, Carlito and Ric Flair, were kept of the WrestleMania PPV. They did, however, have a dark match before the PPV went live. Flair is said to have been more diplomatic about it. He did speak out to a few chosen WWE officials that have power and influence. Carlito was interview by Edmonton Starr and had the following to say, “I'm not going to cry or be bitter, there's always next year... and I don't want to get fired. But they're showing disrespect by not having Ric Flair at WrestleMania and even more disrespect by not having Carlito there.” He also added, “I absolutely hate being a babyface more than anything else.”

Those statements Carlito made have put him further in the doghouse.
http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/8275

Sanchez

Coach
Soul legend Aretha Franklin performed "America the Beautiful" at the start of the event, reprising her role from twenty years earlier at WrestleMania III.

- Ron Simmons, Slick, The Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Hart, Irwin R. Schyster, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, Howard Finkel, Gene Okerlund, Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco appeared backstage dancing with Eugene, Cryme Tyme and Extreme Exposé (Kelly Kelly, Brooke Adams and Layla El).

- Celebrity guests in attendance for WrestleMania 23 included: Franklin, Trump and Miss USA 2006 Tara Conner (for the Hair vs. Hair match), Miss USA 2007 Rachel Smith, Miss USA 2000 Lynnette Cole, Miss Universe 2006 Zuleyka Rivera, members of the Detroit Tigers, Thomas Hearns, and Detroit Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hašek.

- Cena is the second man in history to retain the WWE Championship at back-to-back WrestleManias. Hulk Hogan was the first, retaining the Championship at Wrestlemania 2 and III. Cena, as well as being undefeated at WrestleMania, is the first to win the WWE Championship match three years in a row.

- This was the second year in a row that Cena main evented WrestleMania, and both times he won with the STFU. It is also the second year in a row that the World Heavyweight Championship has changed hands, but not the WWE Championship.

- This was the fourth year in a row that the World Heavyweight Championship has changed hands.

- This is the 5th consecutive WrestleMania without an Intercontinental Championship match, 4th with the championship being active.

- With this WrestleMania win, The Undertaker is the only superstar to win both the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

- This was the first WrestleMania to use all white ring ropes.

- Had Triple H not been inactive due to injury, he would have tied Bret Hart's record of twelve consecutive WrestleMania appearances.

- This is the first time Edge has lost a Wrestlemania.

- This was the second time in a row in Wrestlemania in which the Royal Rumble winner was not on the Main Event (Batista Vs. Undertaker).
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=177654398