What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox Modding.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Guys i need some help,

I had my xbox modded a couple of weeks back so i could play online on ESPN 2k5 (a game that wont feature the online play in australia). For some reason its not reading my NTSC copy of the game anymore...

I got the mod from parramatta but the store wont be open for another 2 weeks...anyone know of another store i could get mine fixed or re modded again?

i dont plan to use my xbox to save games on the hard drive as all i have is the mod and not the extra hard drive space..

Dogaholic

First Grade
Rumour has it that when you get your XBOX modified in any way that microsoft has built in a way to detect for this when you try to play online and your XBOX gets banned from online games. Not only that, you also voided your waranty

inertia666

Juniors
in the evox control panel you can set the region from PAL to NTSC. try forcing NTSC.

ii don't use online play at all so i cant comment on how that works.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yea it worked again..not sure why it messed up, yea so far ive yet to be busted but all in good time.

Although its stupid if i do get busted..this is the only way to play this game.

inertia666

Juniors
yeah it sucks that these companies put these international locks on computer games. if i had a billion dollars i'd try suing for racism :mrgreen:

it's about time companies started giving people what they really want - not just what they want to give to help maximise their profits :twisted:

Choppies

Coach
If there is one more delay with this game im Gettin the NTSC version :evil:

January 14th is the longest Im gonna wait for it to be on the shelves :evil:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
also with ea buying the rights to espn rumour has it since they sold so well they might not sell here cause the risk is too big.

Choppies

Coach
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
also with ea buying the rights to espn rumour has it since they sold so well they might not sell here cause the risk is too big.

I think it was only with the NFL games

I heard the NFL gave EA exclusive rights for NFL games for the next 5 years

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yea my bad i ment to say NFL but typed espn lol.

the sentence was supposed to look something like:

also with ea buying the exclusive rights to the nfl, rumour has it that espn may not be sold in pal terrirtories due to the risk of it not selling..

***MH***

Bench
as soon as your caught with a mod chip on the xbox live network, your mac address gets blackbanned. Several chip designs come with a switch where you can turn the mod off so you can play live undetected but you do lose the capabilty of playing ntsc and hard drive copied games.
thus playing ntsc games live down under is virtually impossible unless you import an ntsc system from the states and run it off a power converter.
there is, however, software developed where you can play xbox online without xbox live, through some PC software. It tricks your xbox to think that it is on a LAN (xbox 2 xbox or [x-box 2 hub>x-boxes])

we can play rugby league online though it!