What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox or ps2?

daslacker

Juniors
What do u guys reckon.I am
gunna buy an Xbox or a ps2
only really for the league game.
I pre-order the game on both
consoles cause I wasn't sure which
system to get.Is there any difference
between the 2?

What do you reckon i should get
Xbox or PS2?

cheers,

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Mate Xbox is shit. The buttons are so hard to use coz they r all over the place. PS2 is so easy to use so mate buy a Playstation

raz

Juniors
Looks like XBOX is better overall but PS2 games rock and are also easier to control

Blunty

Juniors
I've always liked the Playstations. They always bring out fun games, and are easy to get hold of. The controllers are better.

izzo

Juniors
PS2 - Better Controls
PS2 - Better Games
PS2 - Plays Playstation One Games
PS2 - Easier to Store

Dover

Juniors
Why only compare these 2???
I'm a PC user all the way and much prefer playing these games on my laptop (Which i can plug into my my TV)
True, Multiplayer options can be poor w/out Networking capablities (as it will be for this version of NRL), bit i prefer my PCS anyday.
I have played all 3 gaming systems and do own a GC (please dont laugh, i have my reasons :) ) and find that PC stands up if not beats them on most occasions.

If i had to choose between the others, personally i'd probably go PS2

sharkboy

Juniors
Dont go a PC- The other sytems are specifically for games...so are therefor better for games and you have to update computers and the new games always need faster computers.... PS2 and X-box stay standerd for much longer.
I'd go for the PS2, coz its easier to controll,

The Xbox controller S which comes with the console is the best controller ever it has triggers which will work great with the league game and they are fantastic with shooters and racing games.... if u can't controll it u must be deformed as my 5 year old brother can play all my games fine

*Xbox has a 8GB Hard drive (I have 2000 songs on my XB hard drive its amazing!
*Xbox Live is the most amazing online gaming experance avalible!!
*Xbox has much better sound and has in game dolby digital which PS2 doesn't
*Fantastic games for what ever taste u have
*if your a GTA fan in January a double pack is comming out on xbox that has improved graphics, sound (you can listen to all your faviourate songs on your HD while playing.
* Next year Half life 2, Halo 2 and Doom 3 will all be on xbox but not playstation 2 because they simply won't run on PS2 cos it isn't powerful enough both the halflife and doom developers have said it wouldn't be possible on ps2 (Halo is a exclusive)
* It has 4 controller ports so u don't need to buy a multitap to get more than 2 players
*The new beast pack is mad value for money its under $400and u get 2 great games, a dvd controller and a extra controller

Beleive some one who has owend both consoles once u get an Xbox u just won't go back to PS2

Priddo

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:

is it just me who finds that stupid....i mean u have a computer yet u want music on your console...what purpose does that serve use a cd player or ur computer or foxtel ffs

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Priddo said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:

is it just me who finds that stupid....i mean u have a computer yet u want music on your console...what purpose does that serve use a cd player or ur computer or foxtel ffs

So you can play your own songs while playing a game. Of course it isnt essential, but it one of the many advantages that X-BOX has over the outdated PS2.

Do you know how good it sounds when i am playing racing games and im listening to what music i want to here over the roar of the engine? Not the crappy soundtracks that they usually put in games.

And anyone who says the X-Box controller is too big cannot use that as an excuse anymore. The Controller S is now the standard controller which is packed with the console and they actually dont even make the larger one anymore.

Maybe go and play both of them at a games store, get the feel of the controllers and maybe make a decision then.. I think that either of the consoles offer great game playing. Good luck with your choice.

Matta

Juniors
I got an XBOX today (wasnt my choice but I might as well got on with it), but I've just realised that I'll have to get it after Christmas if I was going to play on XBOX. At least I'll have it on PC.

Dover

Juniors
sharkboy said:
Dont go a PC- The other sytems are specifically for games...so are therefor better for games and you have to update computers and the new games always need faster computers.... PS2 and X-box stay standerd for much longer.
I'd go for the PS2, coz its easier to controll,

At least you CAN update a PC - easy to get a new m/board and PCI compared to buying a new console. eg PSX Coming out next year - i think that's what it's called.

Having said all that i caught a look at Topspin Tennis which is exclusive to Xbox - WOW - that game looks awesome. Am tempted to buy an xbox just for that game - hope it gets released on PC one day :)

Jono Russell

Bench
i personally think the ps2 is a lot better,
yes the xbox may have better graphics,sound ect ect but its not that much better the ps2 has alot more games and alot better games.

look at games like
GTA and GTA:VC
NBA LIVE 2004
WWE Smackdown:Here Comes the Pain (now this game totally blows xboxes raw 2 away)
Pro Evolution Soccer 3

and many many more

Latest posts