What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Mong

Post Whore
It's the main reason why I was so nervous for this game, West Ham being West Ham, I thought they'd come out and take the piss by parking the bus, just like Southampton took the piss. Thankfully they couldn't be f**ked after their grand final last week. They had their kids on the pitch before the match ffs, just tells you where their heads were at. Not that we care.

I haven't seen it yet or the line ups, I'm surprised some of the kids wernt called up to cover injuries :)

thorson1987

Coach
Now if Sunderland can somehow come away with at least a draw at the Emirates on Wednesday morning i will be able to relax Sunday night.

Just double checked. A draw won't be good enough for sunderland.

Goal difference would come into play and we are only 3 in front.

cb4

First Grade
We definitely need Couts in the deeper midfield role instead of playing up front out wide as well.
Agreed.
But my god we have an abundant of very average midfeilders next year.
Gini, Can, Hendo, Grujic are not game breakers and very one dimensional players. Add Milner to that list as it looks like we are getting a f**king relegated LB.

I would pair Lallana (full 360 on him) with Coutinho and break the bank for a DM.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Agreed.
But my god we have an abundant of very average midfeilders next year.
Gini, Can, Hendo, Grujic are not game breakers and very one dimensional players. Add Milner to that list as it looks like we are getting a f**king relegated LB.

I would pair Lallana (full 360 on him) with Coutinho and break the bank for a DM.

We seem to have too many tradesmen/work horse midfielders imo. Gini does a solid job, Can isn't the finished article, hendo can't stay fit and Grujic is still a kid in terms of Prem experience.

Would love a DM destroyer, someone who sits and protects the defence but also has good passing range. We need another Xavi Alonso style mid.

Not too keen on the Robertson of Hull link either, we want sessengnon from Fulham but because we tapped up Dempsey years ago they don't want to do any business with us.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
3 in front as in 3 goals in front.

And my point was that I would rather Arsenal get no points against Sunderland so that our result on the final day has no bearing on CL.
Agree, would love to be able to watch us and enjoy the game knowing the result means didley squat.

Either way I hope we go out against Boro all guns blazing

cb4

First Grade
We seem to have too many tradesmen/work horse midfielders imo. Gini does a solid job, Can isn't the finished article, hendo can't stay fit and Grujic is still a kid in terms of Prem experience.

Would love a DM destroyer, someone who sits and protects the defence but also has good passing range. We need another Xavi Alonso style mid.

Not too keen on the Robertson of Hull link either, we want sessengnon from Fulham but because we tapped up Dempsey years ago they don't want to do any business with us.

We have needed an Alonso since he left. The problem is, all the DM's we get linked with are kids. Might as well just sit Grujic in front of them. I like the Ruben Neves link but he is a baby as well.
Robertson can get f**ked. Not arsed with Sessegnon either.
Ricardo Rodriguez is about to leave for 21mil Euros, we should be all over him.

On The Arsenal games, they will flog Sunderland. We just need to beat Middlesborough.
If we can't do that at Anfield, then we don't deserve 4th.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
3 in front as in 3 goals in front.

And my point was that I would rather Arsenal get no points against Sunderland so that our result on the final day has no bearing on CL.

it still means diddly squat if they draw tonight....goal difference is 4, we're not losing to boro by 4 goal/everton losing by 4.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We have needed an Alonso since he left. The problem is, all the DM's we get linked with are kids. Might as well just sit Grujic in front of them. I like the Ruben Neves link but he is a baby as well.
Robertson can get f**ked. Not arsed with Sessegnon either.
Ricardo Rodriguez is about to leave for 21mil Euros, we should be all over him.

On The Arsenal games, they will flog Sunderland. We just need to beat Middlesborough.
If we can't do that at Anfield, then we don't deserve 4th.
See I'm not sold on Rodriguez at all. Guy looks class going forward and can whip a ball in, but like all modern day fullbacks, can't defend anywhere near as good as going forward.

I know our system relies on width and wanting fullbacks to overlap but I'd kill for someone like Steve Finnan again. He could actually defend which is more important to me for a fullback.

Agree about Xabi as well. pissing him off and letting him go was absolutely criminal but not replacing him with quality was sheer stupidity, and we've suffered ever since. One of my all time favourite players regardless of who he played for.

Foz

Bench
You guys are too kind.
I'm still waiting for another Souness.
All the great teams have had one.
Before Souness we had Tommy Smith.
Even Manure had that mad Irishman running around with them for the years they dominated.
Arsenal had the Frenchman.
Can we find someone to compliment the high voltage football or whatever Klopp calls it?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Oh souness would be a dream. If we could clone him our midfield problems would solved. Would love a nasty tough skilful bastard like him.

Reactions: Foz

Foz

Bench
Oh souness would be a dream. If we could clone him our midfield problems would solved. Would love a nasty tough skilful bastard like him.
Yeh I keep thinking the closest we have is Lucas and no disrespect to him but he's not in the same ballpark.

cb4

First Grade
All comes down to the final day, win against Boro and we get CL footy. Sounds easy, but that is never the Liverpool way!

thorson1987

Coach
All comes down to the final day, win against Boro and we get CL footy. Sounds easy, but that is never the Liverpool way!

Knowing us we will be up 2-0 after 80 minutes, only to lose 3-2 with Arsenal scoring a Fergie time goal against Everton to win.

cb4

First Grade
Knowing us we will be up 2-0 after 80 minutes, only to lose 3-2 with Arsenal scoring a Fergie time goal against Everton to win.

Nightmares of Palace in 13/14.

If we have any kind of lead in the 75th minute, Lucas and Klavan on for Sturridge and Lallana.

saint.nick

Coach
Nightmares of Palace in 13/14.

If we have any kind of lead in the 75th minute, Lucas and Klavan on for Sturridge and Lallana.
To be fair, different circumstances. Liverpool were in ultra attack mode trying to score 10 goals to patch up the goal difference against City's, and completely forgot that they had to defend.

Latest posts