What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
Nice win that! Couldn't believe it, looked like we would struggle to break them down but got in behind easily.
Coutinho and Lallana were brilliant. Emre looks like he could be our DM with his effort and work rate, so much so, I would shell big on a LB, CB, CM, LW and Striker before thinking of locking the middle down.

Foz

Bench
The defence is the major issue.
Even last night when we had 80 odd per cent of possession they had chances.
What's with the old basic get goal side of your opponent?
I'm not sure if they just ignore doing it or haven't got the ability.
I know I harp on about Lovren but he was lucky not to be penalised.
Maybe not a penalty but you just shouldn't get yourself in that position he did.
Some refs would've given it.
Surely we'll spend to improve the squad going into the Champions League because we may not get through the qualifier if we don't improve the defence.

cb4

First Grade
I think the ref got that call right, purely for the fact that the guy ran in front of Lovren rather than Lovren running through him.
Still though, shouldn't have been in that situation.

I keep reading that we are buying a left back to be Milners understudy. We need to buy a Left back to replace Milner.
This is a crucial window for us, cannot fluff it like the last time we were in this position.

When you consider the players they are talking about as being sold/let go by LFC (i.e. Sturridge,Lucas, Moreno, Sakho), and no with us being in the CL, there is a big need for a lot of signings both quality wise and depth wise. To be competitive LFC need a much bigger squad than what they ran with this season. IF they don't bolster the squad in both depth and talent, we'll be straight out the door in the CL.

thorson1987

Coach
Due to results in Germany and Russia we will be seeded for the CL draw.

Meaning theoretically would get an easier match up.

cb4

First Grade
Teams we could face as of now:

Lisbon
Viktoria Pizen*
CSKA Moscow*
Club Brugge*
Steaua Bucharest*
Young Boys*
Hoffenheim
Nice*
Istanbul Basaksehir or Besiktas*
2nd place in Greece*

* - They are in the third round and need to qualify.

cb4

First Grade
When you consider the players they are talking about as being sold/let go by LFC (i.e. Sturridge,Lucas, Moreno, Sakho), and no with us being in the CL, there is a big need for a lot of signings both quality wise and depth wise. To be competitive LFC need a much bigger squad than what they ran with this season. IF they don't bolster the squad in both depth and talent, we'll be straight out the door in the CL.
Agreed with all of this, but I wouldn't be selling Sturridge, he still has a role to play.
Its a shame that the issues can't be mended with Sakho, getting in a quality CB and having Sakho and Lovren as back ups would be quality.

saint.nick

Coach
As it entered half time stoppage, I reminded myself that Liverpool lately have scored quite a few goals on the stroke of half time, then shazammm Gini comes through.

Some of that defending was shit though. No idea how we gifted Boro so many easy opportunities when all they were doing was punting it downfield and making their striker chase after it. The most basic shit that you could defend and they almost scored off it like three times...

But obviously a massive result with great implications. It means a satisfactory season. We can't f**k up the TW.

thorson1987

Coach
18556413_831137437042115_1385184172590642045_n.jpg