What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Our attack if fine, for years it's always been the defence that's let us down.

Our attack next season will be imo with Klopps intention to drop Couts deeper. We'll have some genuine pace to scare teams if Salah comes in as expected.

What we need is to find a Defensive leader. I hope the club does prioritise a new CB and LB first and foremost.

saint.nick

Coach
Our attack if fine, for years it's always been the defence that's let us down.

Our attack next season will be imo with Klopps intention to drop Couts deeper. We'll have some genuine pace to scare teams if Salah comes in as expected.

What we need is to find a Defensive leader. I hope the club does prioritise a new CB and LB first and foremost.
To be fair Liverpool's attack really let them down in 2017 too.

Foz

Bench
If Sturridge stays fit you'd imagine the attack stats would improve.
It's a gamble with his fitness more so than his ability.IMO.
Klopp mightn't think he fits his system too so he's got a call to make there.

saint.nick

Coach
If Sturridge stays fit you'd imagine the attack stats would improve.
It's a gamble with his fitness more so than his ability.IMO.
Klopp mightn't think he fits his system too so he's got a call to make there.
Point is that you can't let your attack rely on an injury-prone striker.

I found this on ESPNFC, but they sourced it from the UK Daily Mirror, Andy Robertson has reportedly left Hull's pre-season training camp in Portugal to sign for Liverpool. Fee being mentioned is 8 million pounds sterling.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Tried his arse off every game but a player like Lucas who was at the club for 10 years is the perfect example of why we have been so mediocre in recent times.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We can thank Lucas for Suarez's last season with us. He was very influential in getting Luis to not take legal action against the club for the arsenal £40+1 transfer refusal apparently.

Who would new longest serving player be?

saint.nick

Coach
I found this on ESPNFC, but they sourced it from the UK Daily Mirror, Andy Robertson has reportedly left Hull's pre-season training camp in Portugal to sign for Liverpool. Fee being mentioned is 8 million pounds sterling.
And now he is signed. Look, at the moment he's probably not that exciting, but he is also probably an upgrade on Milner, and I look forward to seeing if Robertson can surprise everyone just like Gini.

In more interesting news, Soton manager (and ex LFC player/assistant) has removed VVD from training because he's told the club he wants to leave. Basically sounds like a transfer request. Very encouraging.

saint.nick

Coach
SOS are conducting a big poll for LFC fans to vote on safe standing.

Is it just me, or is the whole debate about it amongst the fan base just utterly f**king perplexing? It's pretty obvious that all-standing did not cause the disaster - criminal crowd control did - and even if it did have a big causal role, the standards between 2017 and 1989 are so great that it makes it redundant anyway.

Quite merely, we are only talking about the introduction of zones where fans are allocated a specific space to either stand or sit in, with a nice sturdy rail in front of them to prevent them falling into rows below - so one would think that all seating zones are perhaps actually more dangerous to spectate in? Just look at the kop, a large, relatively steep grandstand where people often stand the whole game with nothing but bodies in front of them to soften a forward tumble, yet all these fans are more worried about the safety of spectating zones that have additional safety designs? Seriously, this irrational Hillsborough crap has left so many LFC fans behind the curb on this topic.

SOS are conducting a big poll for LFC fans to vote on safe standing.

Is it just me, or is the whole debate about it amongst the fan base just utterly f**king perplexing? It's pretty obvious that all-standing did not cause the disaster - criminal crowd control did - and even if it did have a big causal role, the standards between 2017 and 1989 are so great that it makes it redundant anyway.

Quite merely, we are only talking about the introduction of zones where fans are allocated a specific space to either stand or sit in, with a nice sturdy rail in front of them to prevent them falling into rows below - so one would think that all seating zones are perhaps actually more dangerous to spectate in? Just look at the kop, a large, relatively steep grandstand where people often stand the whole game with nothing but bodies in front of them to soften a forward tumble, yet all these fans are more worried about the safety of spectating zones that have additional safety designs? Seriously, this irrational Hillsborough crap has left so many LFC fans behind the curb on this topic.

Nick, whilst crowd control was a big part of the problem at Hillsborough, the other problem was that because the seats were in a fenced in enclosure, when the push started from behind, those at the front were crushed up against the fence of the enclosure.

Whether they are "behind the curb" or not, for those who were there or had someone they loved injure or killed at Hillsborough, it is a very emotive issue and I don't think we can imagine what it is like for those people. You may think them "irrational", but to them it IS an emotive issue because of what happened to them or they may have lost. We didn't go through it ourselves.

saint.nick

Coach
Nick, whilst crowd control was a big part of the problem at Hillsborough, the other problem was that because the seats were in a fenced in enclosure, when the push started from behind, those at the front were crushed up against the fence of the enclosure.

Whether they are "behind the curb" or not, for those who were there or had someone they loved injure or killed at Hillsborough, it is a very emotive issue and I don't think we can imagine what it is like for those people. You may think them "irrational", but to them it IS an emotive issue because of what happened to them or they may have lost. We didn't go through it ourselves.

I know it's an emotive issue for them, that's why I think they're irrational, because that's what emotion does, it f**ks with your judgement. In this day and age, something like Hillsboro ugh is impossible to repeat itself yet they're too thick to realise it. I harbour so much resentment to their attitude because they love to shame abyone who even suggests the idea.

Foz

Bench
We can thank Lucas for Suarez's last season with us. He was very influential in getting Luis to not take legal action against the club for the arsenal £40+1 transfer refusal apparently.

Who would new longest serving player be?
Flannigan.

Noticed the odds cross the boards on Keita signing are still 1/5 to 1/6.Club says going nowhere.Money says he'll be a Liverpool player.I won't be taking those odds.
Van Dijk varies from 1/5 to 4/6.Obviously opinions divided there but we are heavy favourites.Staying at Southampton 6/1.Club says going nowhere.Money indicates otherwise.
The worry is despite Klopp saying Coutinho is going nowhere the odds of him going to Barcelona have been backed heavily into 11/10.Staying at Liverpool is 4/6.
Money says I' should be worried.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Coutinho is gone... I'ts obviously upsetting but let's be honest it was always going to happen eventually.

£75 is the reported figure which I think is fair enough.