What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Really torn about the Coutinho thing.

No point getting 100mill for him if we can't sign anyone ourselves, as evidenced in this window.

but...

100mill is stupid money. I'm not saying we put it all away for a rainy day but I don't think clubs can continue paying the money they have in this window, most of it was from the newly signed TV deal so you can assume things will dial back a bit next window or so. Is it going to be benefit us to try and find someone like Ziyech who could feasibly fill coutinhos role, albeit not as well as him, pocket 80mill and whatever we haven't spent this summer, and use it on the next?

Not every club is going to have 160mill cash sitting around to blow at any moment.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What's people's thoughts on dropping Bobby f into the Couts role and getting in a good striker with the Couts money.

I know JK seems to want to play Couts a bit deeper this season, could Bobby F play that role?

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Firmino could fill it but he would fill it in a different way to Coutinho, I don't think we'd be getting any 25 yard screamers from him, but he could quite easily play the link between mf and att.

We could sign a forward, but who? Who would be good enough and which club would release their player on the 8th of august?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Firmino could fill it but he would fill it in a different way to Coutinho, I don't think we'd be getting any 25 yard screamers from him, but he could quite easily play the link between mf and att.

We could sign a forward, but who? Who would be good enough and which club would release their player on the 8th of august?

Maybe PEA and to be honest he is the only one I can think of. While the massive $$$ injection from selling Couts is good. It puts us in a prick of a position just before the season starts.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Maybe PEA and to be honest he is the only one I can think of. While the massive $$$ injection from selling Couts is good. It puts us in a prick of a position just before the season starts.
I think Dortmund came out recently and said he's staying, had his chance to leave but no one paid their asking price and now they're about to kick off. Yeah, we left our run late but it's not really something we could have controlled.

it's not a great situation. if we can get him to stay another 12 months great, but if they offer north of £100m, i couldn't hate them if they accepted. It's good business.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think Dortmund came out recently and said he's staying, had his chance to leave but no one paid their asking price and now they're about to kick off. Yeah, we left our run late but it's not really something we could have controlled.

it's not a great situation. if we can get him to stay another 12 months great, but if they offer north of £100m, i couldn't hate them if they accepted. It's good business.
Oh 100% that's stupid money for anyone. We just need to cease tapping up targets as we could've had both VVD and Keita if we weren't stupid.

Shame about PEA as he is legit the only decent ST option that was/is available.

As long as klopp re invests the money properly then we should be sweet.

Nick mentioned Couts is apparently 50/50 as he doesn't want to stuff us around. Barca apparently saying now or never has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

saint.nick

Coach
Really torn about the Coutinho thing.

No point getting 100mill for him if we can't sign anyone ourselves, as evidenced in this window.

but...

100mill is stupid money. I'm not saying we put it all away for a rainy day but I don't think clubs can continue paying the money they have in this window, most of it was from the newly signed TV deal so you can assume things will dial back a bit next window or so. Is it going to be benefit us to try and find someone like Ziyech who could feasibly fill coutinhos role, albeit not as well as him, pocket 80mill and whatever we haven't spent this summer, and use it on the next?

Not every club is going to have 160mill cash sitting around to blow at any moment.
Doesn't matter how much money they give, it's too late in the Window to replace coutinho. Keeping coutinho will serve Liverpool far better than selling

saint.nick

Coach
And with VVD, just remember he didn't need a transfer request to go to Chelsea or anyone else, it was only necessary to join Liverpool. Southampton were only ever going to sell to LFC until they felt they had no other choice, which is what the TR is supposed to do.

saint.nick

Coach
Is Coutinho fkn serious? Seriously did not expect him to stoop as low as handing in a TR 24 hours from first kick off of the season

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I knew it would come to this, he has wanted to go the whole time and tried to do it the right way behind the scenes... now he is trying to force our hand at the worst possible time

Get Barca to up the offer another 10 million and f**k him off

saint.nick

Coach
I knew it would come to this, he has wanted to go the whole time and tried to do it the right way behind the scenes... now he is trying to force our hand at the worst possible time

Get Barca to up the offer another 10 million and f**k him off
Look you'd have a point about selling him if he did this weeks and weeks ago, but he has left it way too late. The only possible option is to keep him because unless there's an unlikely turn of events in being able to find a great replacement, it is way too late to patch up the hole he would leave behind, and that 110 million will be kinda useless.

Besides, he has no reason to down the tools, this is the world cup year. Suarez was on the verge of legal action against the club to transfer to Arsenal yet had the season of his life after we forced him to stay.