What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
Matip isn't good. But he is better than Lovren and Klavan.
Joe Gomez would be my preference but he will have to wait his time.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Matip isn't good. But he is better than Lovren and Klavan.
Joe Gomez would be my preference but he will have to wait his time.
Agree CB, Gomes and VVD going forward. I'd put joe in now, he'll make mistakes but so does loveable and klavan. Gomez would actually learn more from making mistakes imo. Kid looks really good

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There's no such thing as teams being 'forced to pay'.

sorry, but I disagree, Soton had you guys over a barrel and you guys are not short of cash

I hope he does well for you guys and you get your money's worth but I just cant see it without another quality CB beside him, I agree about the team being a defensive unit, you only have to look at our setup but then again our manager was a defender and defence is his priority whereas Klopp seems to concentrate on attack

saint.nick

Coach
sorry, but I disagree, Soton had you guys over a barrel and you guys are not short of cash

I hope he does well for you guys and you get your money's worth but I just cant see it without another quality CB beside him, I agree about the team being a defensive unit, you only have to look at our setup but then again our manager was a defender and defence is his priority
But no one forced us mate, there were other cheaper centres backs out there like De Vrij that we were interested in but Klopp felt that Van Dijk was worth the money.

Our manager was a defender too so theoretically that should help us. Our long term plan is to play Gomez next to. Van Dijk. TAA is doing a fine job but seen as a long term midfielder, so eventually they will target at RB too. They need to give Karius a go at goalkeeper in the league but the best Liverpool ITK reckons we like Butland and Alisson from Roma.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Butland is a good keeper, you could do worse

I didn't know Klopp was a defender, correct me if I'm wrong but Lovren was decent under Poch at Soton but he seems to have gone backwards for your guys under Klopp.

saint.nick

Coach
Butland is a good keeper, you could do worse

I didn't know Klopp was a defender, correct me if I'm wrong but Lovren was decent under Poch at Soton but he seems to have gone backwards for your guys under Klopp.
Yeah he's a solid player Butland.

Klopp was a defender but he filled in at striker at times. Lovren has been forced to play in a high line at Liverpool, which exposes his brain fades. His whole Liverpool career has also been a confidence battle.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
what's the go with us looking for another centre back? I thought the plan is Gomez for next season?
Would think klopp's still going to ease Joe into the CB role and imo he's doing a fine job at RB while learning about defending at the highest level. Even tho I'd like to see him given a run I can understand klopp going for a DeVrij or Howedes in the short term. Joe is only 20 so he has lots of time ahead of him. Can't see Lovren sticking around now VVD has been signed. Klavan is happy to play back up and Matip may have to take a back seat.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Apparently Nike website in thanUK/Europe is advertising Barca Jerseys with Coutinho on the back for the 2017/18 season. Could mean the deal for him to leave is done.

Hopefully we have a replacement lined up and Monaco allow Lemar to leave.

saint.nick

Coach
Would think klopp's still going to ease Joe into the CB role and imo he's doing a fine job at RB while learning about defending at the highest level. Even tho I'd like to see him given a run I can understand klopp going for a DeVrij or Howedes in the short term. Joe is only 20 so he has lots of time ahead of him. Can't see Lovren sticking around now VVD has been signed. Klavan is happy to play back up and Matip may have to take a back seat.
Yeah I'd totally understand if it was someone like Howedes, but the strongest link has been Akanji, a 20 year old hot prospect. What's the point of bringing in a starlet as a short term stop gap?

saint.nick

Coach
Apparently Nike website in thanUK/Europe is advertising Barca Jerseys with Coutinho on the back for the 2017/18 season. Could mean the deal for him to leave is done.

Hopefully we have a replacement lined up and Monaco allow Lemar to leave.
I think people are only worried because it potentially means he's played his last/second last game for us. We need him to stay until summer.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah I'd totally understand if it was someone like Howedes, but the strongest link has been Akanji, a 20 year old hot prospect. What's the point of bringing in a starlet as a short term stop gap?
Yeah I've seen that link as well. If we can't get him from Basel in January it'll be the summer for 30m. Can't say I know a thing about him. Only answer I can think of is klopp's penchant for rotation all of a sudden. If we're to compete on all front 4 CB's will be needed. Tho 2 hot prospects and one ypu paid £75m for seems rather odd. Can't complain if they're all firing when they play it'll just be up to klopp to juggle the playing time of them. Unless he sees joes future at RB for the foreseeable future.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think people are only worried because it potentially means he's played his last/second last game for us. We need him to stay until summer.
To be honest if we can bring in Lemar and VVD this window then that'll soften the Couts leaving blow. Hopefully we can agree a summer move for Couts so he has a crack for the last half of the season before he goes. Not really digging his one way football at the moment. His attack has been fine it's just his laziness in defending and tracking back most games im hoping will improve once we let him sign for Barca.

Hope to see the likes of Markovic, Sturridge and a few other sold this window. Offset the big outlay on VVD in some small way

Foz

Bench
To be honest if we can bring in Lemar and VVD this window then that'll soften the Couts leaving blow. Hopefully we can agree a summer move for Couts so he has a crack for the last half of the season before he goes. Not really digging his one way football at the moment. His attack has been fine it's just his laziness in defending and tracking back most games im hoping will improve once we let him sign for Barca.

Hope to see the likes of Markovic, Sturridge and a few other sold this window. Offset the big outlay on VVD in some small way

Think Sturridge will go on loan.
Think Couts is gone.
Wouldn’t surprise if Can went either.
Love Lemar to be signed.Naby Keita might get an early release who knows?
Every time you think there’ll be a bit of transfer movement it doesn’t happen.
Generally not too many January transfers (though we did Get that Sourez guy in Jan one year didn’t we?):He went ok.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Think Sturridge will go on loan.
Think Couts is gone.
Wouldn’t surprise if Can went either.
Love Lemar to be signed.Naby Keita might get an early release who knows?
Every time you think there’ll be a bit of transfer movement it doesn’t happen.
Generally not too many January transfers (though we did Get that Sourez guy in Jan one year didn’t we?):He went ok.
Yeah Can looks gone big time and if the rumours of goretzka signing a pre contract are true then I'm happy with that upgrade. Can continues to flatter to deceive imo and his head is clearly in Turin now.

Studge needs to go for his own benefit, he's behind Solanke now imo and it's more beneficial to give Dom playing time as he looks a good young player. Plus Rhian Brewster although young looks outstanding with BVb and Juve keen on him.

January is a shit window tho as most clubs don't want to sell mid season, we managed to get Sturridge and Suarez in January I believe so good deals can be done.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Grujic, Ings and few other go on loan as well.

cb4

First Grade
Coutinho isnt going anywhere. That Nike site was a hack, if you clicked in it there was no page.
We should report them for being merkins though.

I’d say we agree a contract for either De Vrij on a free or the Basel kid and loan him back.

Goretzka looks done, try and get Lemar sorted and a GK and we have a pretty solid team.

On the game last night, Mo could have had 5. Thought it was going to be one of those nights but we pulled it out of the bag.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Coutinho isnt going anywhere. That Nike site was a hack, if you clicked in it there was no page.
We should report them for being merkins though.

I’d say we agree a contract for either De Vrij on a free or the Basel kid and loan him back.

Goretzka looks done, try and get Lemar sorted and a GK and we have a pretty solid team.

On the game last night, Mo could have had 5. Thought it was going to be one of those nights but we pulled it out of the bag.
Only read the headlines on the news sits cb so didn't look into the Nike thing. Quality troll effort.

Heard Butland, Allison of Roma or possibly Trapp as GK we are looking at. Not keen on Butland don't know anything about Allison and know Trapp has been quality but not of late which is why PSG will sell if they get Donnarumma.

Goretzka and Keita in a midfield 3 looks good to me. Both real young. Add Lemar to replace Couts and we're good to go.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Absolutely fuming. Went to bed after Burnley scored. f**king well had the shits.
FUMING.
Woke up to 2-1 win.
Happy New Year.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Coutinho looks off this month as well if you believe cryptic clues by WonderDog Sparky on Twitter.

Latest posts