What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Sour grapes because this guy rejected us for a pissweak option - I hate when any young German player makes the same career move as he does, it's spoiling the Bundesliga.

Piss weak in your opinion. I'm sure he's happy with his move. Coming to LFC would've been good but a club who isn't stable like FC Bayern are. It's an odd thing to get salty about as well.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Disagree, he's going to earn decent money (not as much as he would abroad, but still probably very good money), constantly challenging/winning titles in the Bundesliga (he's never won one), will constantly be playing in the CL, all things footballers aspire to do. Not to mention playing for BM will probably help his chances of starting for the German XI over time.

I think he'd prefer all of those things over showcasing his skill - I sure as hell would. I don't think many players wake up when they're retired and say, geez I had a really successful career but I wish i could've dazzled the crowds away at Stoke.

Last paragraph sums it up perfectly. Couts left us cos he wants to win things and going to clubs like Barca, RM, Bayern and PSG raises that possibility massively. Being a champions league contender every year gives players a big chance at winning the ultimate in club football. That most definitely would be higher in any young players list.

Let's face it FC Bayern are going to be able to offer some good coin as well. Not to mention they'll be saying good bye to a few of the older brigade soon so a chance to be a midfield mainstay in that side for years to come and not leave his homeland in the process.

More power to him to be able to have the option to do that, shows his quality when Bayern want you for their Midfield

saint.nick

Coach
Piss weak in your opinion. I'm sure he's happy with his move. Coming to LFC would've been good but a club who isn't stable like FC Bayern are. It's an odd thing to get salty about as well.
Because f**k Bayern, they're annoying! I don't care if he's happy or not, end of the day it's an uninspiring career move, I'd rather win one premier league than stroll over the Bundesliga finish line 20 times with Bayern

Mong

Post Whore
Nick is all upset once again with a football /Liverpool related issue ...

Imagine my surprise.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I honestly think 99/100 players make the decision Goretzka did. LFC just aren't at that upper echelon of clubs.

thorson1987

Coach
im-dead-inside-1459427146.gif

saint.nick

Coach
Oh, I dunno, the performance on Sunday morning against West Brom was right up there for garbage performances, especially that part of the game our club loosely refer to as "defending".
yeah I heard it was horrible, I didn't watch...but f**k me, the goals were soft. Just horrendous.

yeah I heard it was horrible, I didn't watch...but f**k me, the goals were soft. Just horrendous.

I watched a good part of it. We lead 1-0 when I switched on. Their first goal, yuck, but then Firmino misses a penalty and WBA score 2 more goals before halftime to all but stitch up the match. The second goal, was a Matip own goal, was some of the worst defending I'd seen. Most ineffective game I've seen from Emre Can too in a long time - he was horrible.

saint.nick

Coach
I watched a good part of it. We lead 1-0 when I switched on. Their first goal, yuck, but then Firmino misses a penalty and WBA score 2 more goals before halftime to all but stitch up the match. The second goal, was a Matip own goal, was some of the worst defending I'd seen. Most ineffective game I've seen from Emre Can too in a long time - he was horrible.
See this is why I'm not that fussed if he leaves. Just not consistent enough, too many shit games in between the great ones.

saint.nick

Coach
Man, just how did I know that this post would concern me before I clicked on it...

Interesting how you aren't in that thread having a go at anyone though...

Mong

Post Whore
On second thoughts, that is a fun light hearted thread, they probs don't want a miserable merkin like yourself posting there :)

Well at least the boys won today (3-0). Reports are we controlled the game well and never gave Huddersfield much of a sniff. Some reports have it that Can was amongst best on park. He played in central midfield with Henderson, with Wini and the Ox rested.

Also Lovren played in place of a rested VVD and played much better than Matip did. Roberston relaced Moreno in the starting lineup and had a another fine game too reportedly.

Latest posts