What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
i never said i didn't enjoy it. just made a statement about not getting too far ahead, villa were absolutely diabolical and it really should have been 11-0 if not for the entire forward line being subbed off.

just saying getting pumped about these types of results is why people like you piss and moan when we don't follow up with similar results

Again, talking shit. No one is getting pumped like we think we can make a title charge. We won a league game by a massive margin, and we had all of our star attackers fit for once. The natural thing to do is be happy about it.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
i never said i didn't enjoy it. just made a statement about not getting too far ahead, villa were absolutely diabolical and it really should have been 11-0 if not for the entire forward line being subbed off.

just saying getting pumped about these types of results is why people like you piss and moan when we don't follow up with similar results

Explain how anything I posted about the game was getting to far ahead and nothing more than enjoying what I was watching.

I'm sure you'll piss and moan and make up some shit to prove how much of a super fan you are. It's the same old shit, don't agree or react exactly how you do super fan and you go straight into moaning attack mode.

I'm sure next week will be filled with pissing and moaning about FSG as if you were a Liverpool local.

Foz

Bench
Not much went right for Villa in that game but it's about time we took our chances.
I love watching players do things at pace.Sure I appreciate skill but I love seeing an attack go for it without any fancy stuff.Brings me to Firmino.I put him in the skill section not the pace area and I thought he looked a little lost at times.A strange thing to say when we bang 6 in but I don't know we're using him right.Dont think for 1 minute I don't want him in the side it's just there's times he doesn't look like he knows what he should be doing.Might be finding it hard to read Sturridge and Courtinho but then again can anyone?

lolesi

First Grade
In fairness none of the forward line have had any game time together as a unit all season! I am hoping they can string some combinations and form a relationship from now to the end of the season.

Something to build on for next season

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Firmino is the one who helps create lots of space, his movement off the ball stretches defences, IMO he does a lot of the work that goes unnoticed most of the time. Him, Studge and Couts just need time on the training ground to really get to know each other's game.

Have to feel for a club like Villa as well. I don't think we will be seeing them back in the EPL for a few seasons. They truly are diabolical at the moment

Last edited:
Yet another injury :( Kevin Stewart picks up an ankle injury in training. It has not been fully diagnosed yet (as they are waiting on scan results) but it could be ankle ligament damage and he could be on the sideline for a while.

It just seems surreal how many injuries this squad has picked up this season.

cb4

First Grade
Terrible game.

Needed to go there and smack them but instead we have a sudden death game 3 days out from a cup final.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We went away in Europe and came back with a 0-0 draw, sure it wasn't a win but we did a job and now can come back to Anfield and do the business at home. No complaints from me to be honest. Also the first side to keep Augsburg scoreless at home this season I believe.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Kevin Stewart has signed a new contract keeping him at the club til 2020. good to see him take the opportunity given to him in the cup games.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
really ?

this guy got released from our academy as he was considered not good enough to progress

how is he going for you guys ?

He was brought across with Inglethorpe when he arrived from guys. He's taken advantage of the chances he was given in our cup games. Has a very good motor and is just a no frills deeper lying midfielder IMO. I know he was a LB while at Spurs but he has transitioned into the midfield and looked decent. Has done everything asked of him from Klopp including playing 120 mins against West hams first team in the FA Cuo and looked good.

I think he'll be an adequate replacement for Lucas and Allen should they leave in the squad while he gets time to continue to impress Klopp in training and used as a sub. Shame he is injured as he actually got a run late against Villa a few weeks back. Not a superstar but not everyone can be on a squad. Also shows we are t blowing money on transfers for players like this when we have hem sitting in the youth teams.

I do think Chivirella will be a better player but he is only 19 and has barely been given a chance.

lolesi

First Grade
1-0 win and we are into the next stage.

Played our near full strength team which is odd considering we have the final vs Man City this weekend.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
happy with the result, didn't see the match so can't comment on how we played. I believe that is our first win in European knock out stages since 09 under Rafa as well.

City ripped Kiev apart yesterday apparently so we are really in for tough one Sunday.

happy with the result, didn't see the match so can't comment on how we played. I believe that is our first win in European knock out stages since 09 under Rafa as well.

City ripped Kiev apart yesterday apparently so we are really in for tough one Sunday.

Match reports indicate the team created a lot of chances with our forwards squandering them. Worst one, apparently was Daniel Sturridge, who was fed the ball, rounded the keeper, and fired the ball wide of an empty net with the side of his foot.

Also it got a bit nervy in the last 10 minutes or so as Ausburg really pushed hard to score. Apparently Lucas (playing at CB) had a brain snap with an awful back pass which almost assisted one of the Ausburg forwards to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.