What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yalumba Stakes - Caulfield 14/10

miccle

Bench
El Segundo will be ridiculously short right up until the race, and so it should be. It can be beaten though - Zipping is my best bet to go close despite leaving the run very late last week.

Nuffs

Bench
zipping is/was my caulfield cup tip

2000m i feel is too short at this stage of his prep, and connections have had to run him in this race to gain a start in the Cup. i've read they are probably now targetting the cox plate, especially if he beats El Segundo

i'll probably give him a miss

i might have a go on POMPEII RULER to upset ES. ES should win but i wont be taking $1.60. POMPEII RULER failed last start but i think the track wasn't great that day so i'm prepared to forget the run. distance is a query but he handled the 1800m last prep fine

Macca_

Coach
Pompeii Ruler jarred up last start and the run should be forgotten. Go on his form before that run. If he's back to his best, he'll go close in this.

Nuffs

Bench
another tough race

i'm going with POMPEII RULER. has had 3 week break after jarring up last start. had great form up unil then but the run has to be forgotten.

EL SEGUNDO is obviously the main danger. won the race last year by 2L when let go before the turn. was favourite for the Caul Cup after that run. only issue i see is that he's drawn awkwardly and jockey/connections have stated that they wont be punishing the horse if it gets no luck. $1.60 fav not going to be pushed if no luck? stewards?

ZIPPING could run a race, but this race is just an afterthought for connections. has to win to make Caul Cup field

FOO loves running well when everything has crossed him out and GRAND ZULU is starting to show more as the distances get longer

juggalo_strit

Juniors
I'll be taking Grand Zulu, but it will be tough to beat El Segundo.
Had a tip for Grand Zulu last week, and end up being scratched.
The tip was from a good source so can't be travelling too bad.
I'll be standing out these 2 for tri's and first 4's.

Latest posts