What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Year of the underdog

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cows may have been under achievers and chokers but I don't think they were ever underdogs. They have been up there with the favourites the past 4 or 5 years.

They hadn't won a comp which is really what this is about because no way are Sharks underdogs.

Jono Russell

Bench
They hadn't won a comp which is really what this is about because no way are Sharks underdogs.

I think we are still not taken as a serious threat just yet though. Was only a few weeks ago we were outsiders against the Bulldogs and I believe outsiders against the storm and Broncos as well.

We don't get all the praise the JT's and Milford's of the world get.

Card Shark

Immortal
A lot of people from lower placed teams probably hope we win but few think we can win.

We are still underdogs....a virgin is always an underdog.

sladden road

Juniors
I think we are still not taken as a serious threat just yet though. Was only a few weeks ago we were outsiders against the Bulldogs and I believe outsiders against the storm and Broncos as well.

We don't get all the praise the JT's and Milford's of the world get.

Pray it stays that way, the less press the better.

Give me a premiership anyday rather than a million fluff pieces that distract teams.

Windy70

Juniors
Just win it. No excuses, no magic,curses or outside assistance. Just run on, play the game and win the f**kin thing.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just win it. No excuses, no magic,curses or outside assistance. Just run on, play the game and win the f**kin thing.

I really think our team has those qualities this year - experienced hard heads & brilliant youth that couldn't give a crap about the past.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Add the Western Bulldogs in now. First premiership for 62 years.

Womens SOO first time beating Qld in 17 years

Leicester, Cavs....

Quigs

Immortal
I'm saying nuffing either. I am not even going to mention Bill Shor....

Nope, I am not saying a word.

Did you decide on going or not Cap'n?

jono

Juniors
I went to the AFL yesterday supporting the Swans and we were outnumbered about 5 to 1. It seemed like NO ONE, including the umpires , wanted anything other than the uinderdogs ( pardon the pun) to win.
And so it should be today. You guys should SWAMP the storm supporters like we did in 2009. Only this time MAKE IT COUNT. Western Bulldogs,only one premiership ever , in 1954.
Cronulla Sharks, THIS IS YOUR TIME!!!!!!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm saying nuffing either. I am not even going to mention Bill Shor....

Nope, I am not saying a word.

Did you decide on going or not Cap'n?

Nuh, Not practical for me unfortunately. Couldn't find anyone to push the wheelbarrow LOL

It'll be the tellyvishun for me

Quigs

Immortal
Well I just got permission off the boss and I am allowed / encouraged to go around to the Old Mates place to watch the Mighties with him as we have watched all the games all season. Wife is a mad sharkie but she is happy to sit at home and watch it. Plus Old Mate doesn't allow the durries in his place (wife, the idiot is a 20 plus a day fool of a woman)

Anyhowse mate just rang me and said my yearly seat in the corporate box is safe. His two mad Sharkie sons are travelling down to watch it with him. He has said when it comes to old Sharky Supporters then water is thicker than blood.

The two boys have been allocated the cheap seats in the loungeroom and if there are any complaints him and I will have a 'blue on the hill' with the young whippersnappers. (They are both in their 30's but we is pumped)

I'll never forget the look on Mrs. Quigs face when she'd gone to the club whilst without her knowing Mr. Quigs was exchanging pics and pleasantries with one Mr. Gallen.
She blamed me.