What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeo

Kilkenny

Coach
I would like to see Yeo in some open space just to see what his 'pace' is like over the first 20 or so as well as over a longer distance. He doesn't give the impression he is overly quick hence the reason he has probably considered a future back rower. In the mean time he is doing a great job for us as cover for Idris. His defence has been outstanding and has chipped in with a couple of strong tries.

Kilkenny

Coach
Depends on the player. I think Mansour is wasted on the wing and he doesn't have the ball skills and possibly defence to be in Centre. Backrow does the trick. Yeo runs great lines good in defence but hasn't shown the ball skills required for a centre (I am talking NYC aswell). Whereas Inglis size wise could be a backrower but has all the attributes for a back

I think Josh is a winger and clearly his best position for us at present. Still needs some work on his defensive reads and have a little more faith on whomever is defending inside him to make the tackle. He is prone to get caught out by coming in when he should be staying out on his opposing winger such as we saw a couple of times on the weekend.

chrisD

Coach
That left edge is pretty much a battering ram, the only way we've gotten outside of teams there are half the width of the field Soward cut out passes, was the same with Idris as with Yeo, Cleary seems content with it for the moment, probably will be for the season.

Doomednow

Bench
I think Josh is a winger and clearly his best position for us at present. Still needs some work on his defensive reads and have a little more faith on whomever is defending inside him to make the tackle. He is prone to get caught out by coming in when he should be staying out on his opposing winger such as we saw a couple of times on the weekend.

Twice last weekend if memory serves. The other teams know it, too. You can see the centre waiting just long enough for Mansour to commit before flicking it to the winger, who then makes at least half a break. We got very lucky last week that nothing came of it. One day it will cost us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Twice last weekend if memory serves. The other teams know it, too. You can see the centre waiting just long enough for Mansour to commit before flicking it to the winger, who then makes at least half a break. We got very lucky last week that nothing came of it. One day it will cost us.

Wait for the hate to come your way...You can't dare say anything negative about Mansour

TheFrog

Coach
That could be a great thread starter, players that wore our colours but never put in !

Len Killeen
Dennis Tutty
Keith Howie
David Topliss
Kent Lambert
Russell Mullins
Nick Geiger

This is up to 1980 only. "Name" players who didn't really do much at Penrith.

maple_69

Bench
Tahu. I know he only had a few games but it recently popped into my head that he was with us abd thought it funny.

Munky

Coach
Paul Franze was pretty bad for us.

His defence was ok but he lost all his pace and mobility from an injury suffered at Cronulla. All he did in 05 was crab 20 metres across field every run.

Had a good run at the end of 05 like the rest of the team.

Big Mick

Referee
Oh man...Franze...wow...my BIGGEST miss ever.

I was so excited to get him because I thought he was exceptional prior to injury at Cronulla and thought he just needed a change of scenery.

And he was an absolute bust for us...except coincidentally...the last 3 games he played for us where he was brilliant haha.

Ben Roarty was pretty bad for us.
Brendan Worth as well.
Mark O'Halloran was the absolute worst for mine.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
He was alright... IF he passed it. Him and Pomeroy had to been the biggest hogs and it's was a turd because we let Whatuira go and had Lewis and Rooney on the wings catching colds

soc123_au

Staff member
I think Franze would have come good with another season. Poor prick got drilled on PI every week. Purtell was a fan favorite compared to him. It always takes a while to recover from a serious knee injury. On the subject of ex Cronulla duds an honorable mention has to go to sparkles McGaw.

Mark O'Halloran was the absolute worst for mine.

and Leary had the hide to market him as a Big Name signing.
I remember all week in the middle of 2005 on PI. ''get ready fans for a big signing for the panthers in the centres, it will be any day now''.
Thank god those days are over.

Big Mick

Referee
and Leary had the hide to market him as a Big Name signing.
I remember all week in the middle of 2005 on PI. ''get ready fans for a big signing for the panthers in the centres, it will be any day now''.
Thank god those days are over.

BUHAHAHA I remember that.

Big name signing Mark O'Halloran...from Salford Reds.

HAHAHA. Was it Salford or London?

Big Mick

Referee
I think Franze would have come good with another season. Poor prick got drilled on PI every week. Purtell was a fan favorite compared to him. It always takes a while to recover from a serious knee injury. On the subject of ex Cronulla duds an honorable mention has to go to sparkles McGaw.

Agree.

He got belted.

I tried to defend him for about a month or two...but after that he frustrated me too.

I agree given another year he would have come good but he ended up going to Union and not going great there.

Poor guy had just lost all his pace because the Sharks medical staff screwed him tbh.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
And then we trialed Lewis in the centres and he was just awful there.
Ahh and then he signed with the Souths and no one was overly upset that he did... before moving to the halves and eventually lock and taking his game to another level entirely. Turning his back on the Souths deal after finally coming good for us too.

Lee Hookey and Preston Campbell had to be one of the worst defensive pairings we have had. Michael Gordon was stuck covering for himself and them basically. He did a handy job considering he couldn't trust either of them, but it just reminds you how unlucky he has been in his career playing outside of some deadset awful players. Imagine how different his career would have been if he was coming through in the team we have today?

Latest posts