What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeo

soc123_au

Staff member
Preston's defence wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but he had a go. Ball in hand he made up for it in any case.

Agree on Gordon in today's team. He would be a beast.

murraymob

Coach
back on subject

will be a interesting choice by Cleary when Idris is available as the longer he is out the more he will need nsw cup action to pick up fitness.Yeo has earned his spot and should hold it

TheFrog

Coach
1980's-1990's

Peter Tunks
Don Price
Paul Taylor (he played one blinder for us against Canberra in 1990 which I've still got on VHS. I think it was his final first grade match)
Mark McGaw- 15 games for us. I think one of them was good.
David Alexander
Nigel Gaffey

franklin2323

Immortal
back on subject

will be a interesting choice by Cleary when Idris is available as the longer he is out the more he will need nsw cup action to pick up fitness.Yeo has earned his spot and should hold it

I think Cartwright will go. Yeo on the bench and Idris half games until he's fine to go. Remember the Manu farce? 6 months out and straight in the team

franklin2323

Immortal
And then we trialed Lewis in the centres and he was just awful there.

I remember seeing an article AFTER Pomeroy left that said 1st thing Stuart did was teach him to pass.. The worst coach in modern history could even spot it. Yet week after week he was there

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Cartwright will go. Yeo on the bench and Idris half games until he's fine to go. Remember the Manu farce? 6 months out and straight in the team

Yeo has been very very solid. I think the fourth player of the bench if a choice between Yeo and Cartwright then I think Ivan will go with Cartwright given he offers the x factor and more capable of creating something.

At full strength with no injuries then perhaps both young guns may find themselves back in NSW Cup. Of the main pack of forwards Docker is the one most under pressure as you couldn't leave out any of the others.

Some on here don't seem to rate Lewis Brown but the guy is a quality player and his utility value means he is an automatic selection in the top 17. He has been absolutely outstanding for us since his return from injury. A real professional in my opinion.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Some on here don't seem to rate Lewis Brown but the guy is a quality player and his utility value means he is an automatic selection in the top 17. He has been absolutely outstanding for us since his return from injury. A real professional in my opinion.

I think Yeo is going OK but I really rate Lewis Brown. He looks dangerous with the ball and brings a bit of aggression to the game.

Munky

Coach
Bump.

The second best NSW eligible halfback in the game.

Also makes me remember when I thought Cartwright actually had good playmaking skills.

Last edited:

Vicpanther

Juniors
I think somewhere in this thread when yeo got a couple of serious injuries i said he wont play first grade again.
I am so glad i was wrong. He is the heart and sole of this club and we should do everything in our power to keep him until he retires.

edit: i said this when he was a center

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I think somewhere in this thread when yeo got a couple of serious injuries i said he wont play first grade again.
I am so glad i was wrong. He is the heart and sole of this club and we should do everything in our power to keep him until he retires.

There was a pretty big group of people here thinking he should lose his spot in the team after he was playing with one arm at centre a few years back. He started the season off with concussion issues, then did his shoulder and people thought he had lost it.

I was always a fan of his. But it wasn't uncommon for people to think he was done back in I think 2019.

maple_69

Bench
I just didn’t think he had the ceiling to be much more than a kinda versatile, dependable bench toiler. I’m struggling to think of a better forward in the game right now.

roofromoz

First Grade

He'll be a one club player, just my gut feeling. Hopefully will hold the club record for most matches for Penrith as well.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He'll be a one club player, just my gut feeling. Hopefully will hold the club record for most matches for Penrith as well.

I hope so.

Just a small amount of fun triva about Yeo. One of my great uncles Dave Kemp married a lady called Ethel Yeo back in the 1920's.

Ethel came from a place called dunnedoo. Which is just outside Dubbo. Being an unusual name Yeo, I imagine all the Yeo's in the Dubbo area are related.

We are not related, but Issah and I have a relative in common.

Because of this I've taken a real interest in his development as a player.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope so.

Just a small amount of fun triva about Yeo. One of my great uncles Dave Kemp married a lady called Ethel Yeo back in the 1920's.

Ethel came from a place called dunnedoo. Which is just outside Dubbo. Being an unusual name Yeo, I imagine all the Yeo's in the Dubbo area are related.

We are not related, but Issah and I have a relative in common.

Because of this I've taken a real interest in his development as a player.
Pretty safe bet that our hero has a bit of Auntie Ethel's blood in his veins.